Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Is the pirate and princess party worht the $$$?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the pirate and princess party worht the $$$?

We're considering going to it on our upcoming trip, but don't want to waste the precious moolah we've worked so hard to acquire.

TDLFAN...any word on this? ANybody???
    Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Re: Is the pirate and princess party worht the $$$?

Overall, I would say no. I went last summer only to ride the rides with a minimal wait. I didn't care for the rest of it. The fireworks were good, but I'm really not a big fireworks fan.

Comment

It depends on a lot of things, how much money you are able to spend being the main thing (and the thing I can't imagine many people like to talk about). You should know this: the main reason to do it has to be just to get on all those great rides with no lines. The prizes are really lame--just crappy chocolate, etc. There's some cool lighting effects and things like that, but over all...it's like much-hyped extra magic hours, but with people dressed up. The parade and fireworks were actually very nice, but not much better than what you'd get during the normal park hours.

Comment

I'm doing it in May. For 2 big reasons, my three year old loves Princesses and, most importantly, the wait for rides. It was the biggest highlight of the Xmas Party we did last year
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

The short lines would be nice, and my daughter wants to dress like a princess.
          My four year old son wants to dress like Buzz instead of a Pirate...would that be out of place?

I don't mind spending the cash for a memory or two...I just haven't seen much infomration on what EXACTLY the PandP is.

Comment

Originally posted by gaston lives View Post
            The short lines would be nice, and my daughter wants to dress like a princess.
            My four year old son wants to dress like Buzz instead of a Pirate...would that be out of place?

I don't mind spending the cash for a memory or two...I just haven't seen much infomration on what EXACTLY the PandP is.
            Dressing like Buzz would not be out of place. Most kids who dress up would be a pirate but we're talking WDW here, so he's OK
            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I just hope that IF he DOES decide to be Buzz, that we can find the 'real' buzz for a picture!

Comment

I just hope that IF he DOES decide to be Buzz, that we can find the 'real' buzz for a picture!
                Try DHS. He often appears near the Pizza Planet
                www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  Try DHS. He often appears near the Pizza Planet
                  Yup he and Woodie actually ride the elevator in Pizza Planet down to the first floor from their backstage exit and work their way around to one of several spots from there. A friend of ours used to be his handler and pointed out the Disney logo stamped on his butt... :lol:
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

We went when they first offered it and had a great time. Noone seems to be going to this event so you will have the park to yourselves. You can actually get there at 4pm and they will let you in, so if you stay till midnight, it's like getting a whole day. Make sure you see the parade and the fireworks. And if he is around, try to see Jack Sparrow. The guy we saw was incredible! Worth the 20 minutes we had to wait in line.

If you decide to go, let us know how it went.

Comment

We're considering going to it on our upcoming trip, but don't want to waste the precious moolah we've worked so hard to acquire.

TDLFAN...any word on this? ANybody???
                      NO. The P&P parties are not worth the money... unless... you have kids that would enjoy dressing up as Princesses or pirates, or you absolutely love fireworks shows. This party does feature the best "special event" fireworks show at the Mk, and the parade is Ok... but other than that, NO, it's not worth the money IMHO.

Comment

Yeah, I ahve a 4 and 2 year old that love dressing up, and the wife loves fireworks (I don't know why they make her cry, though...ok, Wishes choked me up the first time I saw it!).

I think we'll actually go ahead and do it for the heck of it and see what happens.

If we're in the park earlier in the day, will they like give us a wrist band or something to stay in the park, or do we have to exit and re-enter?

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
                          The prizes are really lame--just crappy chocolate, etc. There's some cool lighting effects and things like that, but over all...it's like much-hyped extra magic hours, but with people dressed up. The parade and fireworks were actually very nice, but not much better than what you'd get during the normal park hours.
                          they dont even give away chocolate anymore!! now its just crappy recycled beads and stuff.

i agree with this description of PPP.....the fireworks are great and the parade is cool. If you have smaller children, they will love it...adults w/o kids would enjoy it, but not nearly as much. I only go due to heavily discounted cast tickets.
                          sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                          Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

I would say no, unless you or your children want to be princesses or gay pirates ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

I am strongly against any hard-ticket event at WDW with the exception of the Halloween Parties, and even they are getting ridicuous. This year, they're starting them when it's still summer (9/5).

If Phil Holmes and Erin Wallace could have these 365 days a year, they would.

The good thing is the PP Parties (no, not that kind so put your swimwear away) are not attracting the crowds Disney needs to keep them going. So, soon, if people keep staying away, they may go away themselves.

Comment

ORDDU: A witch certainly HOPES so, WDW1974, duckling. Having all these excuses to charge two different groups of guests for a one day visit to the parks is not only greedy, it's INSANE!!!

ORGOCH: Yeah, well, look who's runnin' the place!! That no-good Phil Holmes, fer one! Sounds like Prissy Pirates thing's already backfirein' on 'em, though.

ORWEN: We were complaining against it, ourselves, at City Hall a few weeks ago. It's getting harder and harder for guests to plan a vacation at the Magic Kingdom when they want to see the fireworks and Spectro Magic!!

Comment

hear hear to that!!!! I CANNOT stand going on vaca and not being able to see Wishes or Spectro Magic!!!! That's happen on two trips!!! You get there, have it all planned what days you are going where..get there and find out you have to rearrange everything just to see Wishes and SpectroMagic. Pain in the BUTT!

Comment

Personally, I like MNSSHP much better, but here's my video of the P&P Party when I went in March 2007. I hope it helps your decision-making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyJfqpRkbk
                                  Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                                  www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                                  www.myspace.com/barryhom
                                  www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

Nobody seems to have answered my question on if you're IN the park that day (with a pass for the PPP) if you have to leave and come back in...

Nobody loves me! *sniff*

Comment

I just hide on Tom Sawyer Island until the coast is clear
                                      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Nobody seems to have answered my question on if you're IN the park that day (with a pass for the PPP) if you have to leave and come back in...

Nobody loves me! *sniff*

you dont have to leave and come back, but make sure you get your wristbands before 7pm at the rose garden near the enterance to tomorrowland, otherwise youll be hounded by CM's trying to clear the land of day guests
                                        sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                                        Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Working...
                                        X