• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viking16
    Confused One
    • Oct 2006

Chicken Exit's

Hey All,

When we go to WDW around the end of may I was wondering. My Wife hates coasters and (TOT), but I really want to show her the inside of RNR and TOT. So I know disney has chicken exits. I have never used them but what does someone
    do to use one? So She can see the coasters and TOT. I know she will not be able to see the TOT ride (when your in the elevator).

Since most rides at WDW have chicken exits if she chickens out do we just ask the CM for the chicken exit?
  • Jerren
    Disneyholic
    • Aug 2006

Re: Chicken Exit's

I had to use one for Rocking Roller Coaster last trip when my 8 yr old decided after seeing the launch she didn't want to go on it. Basically the cast member will direct you to the exit, which is basically a plain vanilla backstage corridor which in most cases which will lead you out to the ride exit area. I think most of the rides are designed this way for the baby swap option so you would then have the other person walk back and hop in the front of the line after you ride using the same route.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• BigPigletFan
      I was deleted.
      • Dec 2008

Both Coaster and Tower have chicken exits, yes. Technically others do as well in the form that you don't have to ride and simply walk to the exit, such as Everest and Star Tours.

Comment

• aimster
        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Space Mountain had a very well-known chicken exit in the 70's & 80's. It's still there but not marked as such anymore.

Comment

• Viking16
          Confused One
          • Oct 2006

Thank you for the info.

Comment

• flotsam_mike
            and too all a good fright
            • Nov 2006

Oddly, TOT's chicken exit is an elevator to take you up to the first level. I've used it a few times and the cast is always great about it.

Comment

• Stitchy
              Disappearing/Reappearing
              • Jun 2006

yeah, I've used the ToT exit. I wanted to see the inside on our trip in May, so I did the walk through with hubby and the little one. You get to see the film; and you make it right up to the loading area for the ride...then you ask a CM for the chicken exit. They were VERY nice about it when I "chickened out".

Unfortunately, I let hubby talk me into riding ToT on our last trip in Oct...and I will be scarred for life.

Comment

• Space Junk
                Attn. Space Travelers....
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                Space Mountain had a very well-known chicken exit in the 70's & 80's. It's still there but not marked as such anymore.
                its still getting plenty of use lol

but no, its not marked and many people have trouble finding it
                sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

• Viking16
                  Confused One
                  • Oct 2006

Hey all again,

Thanks again and thats very cool about ToT. I already tried to get my soon to be wife on ToT but she will not do it. So I will take her with me to the inside. And tell her to get pics.

Comment

• Laura27
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Apr 2008

Is there a list of which rides in Disneyland have a chicken exit?
                    I am unable to go on some of the rides, but I don't want my kids to be in line by themselves for (up to) half an hour. I'd like to go with them so we have that half-hour to chat or whatnot, but then when they get loaded in for the ride, I just slip out the side door and meet them at the exit.
                    Is this possible?
                    Last edited by Laura27; 04-09-2008, 10:36 AM. Reason: (added in Disneyland)

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                      Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Laura27 View Post
                      Is there a list of which rides in Disneyland have a chicken exit?
                      I am unable to go on some of the rides, but I don't want my kids to be in line by themselves for (up to) half an hour. I'd like to go with them so we have that half-hour to chat or whatnot, but then when they get loaded in for the ride, I just slip out the side door and meet them at the exit.
                      Is this possible?
                      Hi, Laura.
                      You'll probably get a better response if you post that question in the Disneyland forum (if you haven't already!) just a suggestion
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse