This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to use AM or PM EMH's?

This is from my weekly blog at www.WDWpeakseasons.com and I would like to know your thoughts about this question.

Is it better to use Morning or evening Extra Magic Hours (EMH)?

This question really depends on several factors. First off what type of family are you, a morning or evening family? The question would be are you traveling with children, solo, or as a couple? That leads to the next question, if you have children what are their ages?

Extra Magic Hours are a perk for those guests who stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. The morning EMH’s allow guests to enter a certain park one hour prior to park opening. This can be a great bonus for families who are morning people. If you are attending Walt Disney World during a peak season, utilizing EMH’s in the morning is a must. You can ride a few of the E-Ticket attractions right away with minimal wait time. If you wait to do some of these rides later in the day during a peak season, you may have to wait in upwards of 120+ minutes. We have found that morning EMH’s work best at Magic Kingdom if you have younger children, as it is the park that offers the most open attractions in that first hour.

Evening EMH’s allow guests to stay at a certain park an extra THREE HOURS past closing time. This is great if you are not a morning person, or your family has teenage kids. The advantage of evening vs. morning is that morning only offers guests one hour whereas evening offers guests three hours of extra time. We have seen the Magic Kingdom open until 5 AM one day with EMH’s this past Christmas Week. The one negative we have found with evening EMH’s is that it seems there are more people willing to stay up late, than get up early, thus the park is a bit more crowded with evening EMH’s than morning.

All-in-all, EMH’s whether morning or evening, are a must during any peak season. Any ride you can get to during this time, frees up more park time during the regular park hours to experience other rides and shows. If you are luck enough to attend Walt Disney World during a non-peak season, then EMH’s may not be needed. Look at the Park Hours and see which park offers EMH’s each day. Head to the parks early to enjoy your day, or sleep in and stay late.
    WDWNewsletter.com

Re: Is it better to use AM or PM EMH's?

Denise can you check your emails to see about what I asked? Thanks
    WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

Well, morning EMH are only and hour. Evening EMH are 3 hours. Do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
        Well, morning EMH are only and hour. Evening EMH are 3 hours. Do the math.
        Honestly, I don't think it's that simple. If you have a big family with children or even if you aren't a morning person and your flying solo, the answer to this question varies depending on the type of family and the different personalities within that.

I personally hate getting up in the morning, but I'm also content leaving just before the parade myself, so I guess I'm a neither.

But overall, I've utilized the evening magic hour more.

Comment

Well my wife and daughter are not morning people, so we use the evening EMH more often, in fact when planning a trip I tend to avoid the parks who have the EMH in the mornings as they tend to be the most crowded on those days.
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Early mornings, is about beating the crowds. Evening magic hours are about surviving them. I have always done most of my ride, riding in the mornings. I tend to do other things at the end of a day in the park.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm not a morning person either. Besides work, WDW is the only thing that will willingly get me out of bed at 7am.

Comment

we thought the morning was better. We did one morning EMH at MK, and had EVERYTHING done in Fantasyland in an hour and a half. The two times we did EMH at MGM, and Epcot...we couldn't ride anything there was so many people.

Comment

at MK, i think evening EMH's are nominal. They are busier than the morning EMH, but are still not busy. Wait times are always minimal (space mountain for example will usually have no wait, or maybe 10 minutes). They usually only allow 17,000 in the park for EMH at the most and often its less than 12,000. There are certainly times when EMH can be busy, but i still prefer evenings. thats just me though
                  sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                  Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Morning EMH are less crowded. Evening EMH just make the park seem real crowded.

Kids can handle mornings better then late nights.

Evening EMH will have the people who have been hording Fastpasses all day filling up the queues, morning EMH have no fastpass.

EMH you get more hungry as you've been going all day, and there is little food available. Morning EMH, you've typically just eaten breakfast.

Evening EMH just feel like they've compressed the entire property into one park.. unless its the nights when the park is open REAL late and you are that type of person.. I think they are way less productive.
                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I tend to go off-season, so if I use EMH its at night so I can get some sleep. That last hour or so is usually quiet.
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Morning= Nobody there, no fastpass returns (lines move way faster). You can ride most of the E-tickets with hardly any wait, and get the first fastpasses of the day before day guests get in!

Evening= Huge Crowds, long lines, have to get wristbands, have to show wristbands, fastpaasses are not available, there are still late fastpasses coming in..... short version: BOOO!
                        Evening only works in the off season, because if you stay to the very end (last 1/2 hour or so), you can usually do an e-ticket over and over with no line.

Thats just my opinion...

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

We have two daughters 10 & 8, and they cant stay awake much past 10 or 11 PM, so AM EMH's work great for us. There are accustomed to getting up at 6 AM to begin the process of getting ready for school, so when we go to WDW they are always ready in the AM, which helps us out a bunch. We actually like when MK opens at 7 Am, because we can really get all our rides/shows done before 11 AM and then relax the rest of the day.
                          WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

For me it depends on too many factors to just say one or the other. Overall I enjoy the night EMH more because I enjoy the parks at night. But that doesn't mean I will get to "experience" mroe since these are often more crowded. There is no FP running during the morning EMH days but then that particular park tends to be more crowded the rest of the day than it would be for say a typical Tuesday in Epcot since that's often how guests will plan their days. So if its the slow season, they are equally "better." If it's the busy season, the morning one is better as long as you hop to another park a few hours later. The night EMH is enjoyable if you want to take in the atmosphere and attractions that aren't major pulls such as Tower, Coaster, Soarin', etc. EMH nights also seem better to meet characters than the mad rush of parents and kids in the mornings.

Comment

Both work well for us.

We hit the AM-EMH at the park-of-the-day. Hang there until the crowds heat up and then switch to a less crowed park. In the afternoon we go back to the resort for a late lunch and long siesta during the hottest/busiest part of the day. As the sun starts to set we head back to the PM-EMH park refreshed and ready to party into the night...
                              Last edited by Moonliner; 03-10-2008, 06:35 AM.
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
                                Both work well for us.

We hit the AM-EMH at the park-of-the-day. Hang there until the crowds heat up and then switch to a less crowed park. In the afternoon we go back to the resort for a late lunch and long siesta during the hottest/busiest part of the day. The as the sun starts to set we head back to the PM-EMH park refreshed and ready to party into the night...
                                This is my strategy as well. Great quote, by the way. It's one of my favorite films and probably my favorite cut ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseHipster View Post
                                  This is my strategy as well. Great quote, by the way. It's one of my favorite films and probably my favorite cut ever.
                                  Errr, what quote? From what film? :blush:
                                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
                                    Errr, what quote? From what film? :blush:
                                    "The trick is not that you don't feel the pain. The trick is not to care." from Lawrence of Arabia. You know, what's written as your quote.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseHipster View Post
                                      "The trick is not that you don't feel the pain. The trick is not to care." from Lawrence of Arabia. You know, what's written as your quote.
                                      Ahh! I thought you were referring to content of the message itself and I was trying to figure out what movie "Party into the night" was from...

-Mark Twain

Comment

We have always had more success (less crowded=more rides) with AM EMH.

It is harder to get up to get early to get to a park. However, once you are there it is easy to stay later.
                                        Last edited by jane2073; 03-11-2008, 05:47 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Comment

Working...
                                        X