This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strollers

My family is going to Walt Disney World this summer and we were wondering what you would reccomend stroller wise for my year old niece.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Re: Strollers

Renting a stroller eveyday is a good idea. We thought it was kind of pricey, so we brought out own umbrella stroller, but that can be kind of bulky on the WDW buses and trams.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

From memory I think the strollers ran around 8$-$10 a day when we last used them, you get a 1$ deposit back for returning them at the end of the day in the form of a Disney dollar.

Couple tips:
      • A "disposable" umbrella style stroller is a cheaper for you if your staying for several days, get a cheap one and when it breaks throw it out. The other benefit here is you can use it on the monorails, busses, and resort not just the parks.
      • Double strollers are about two dollars more but in most of the parks they will give larger kids room to curl up and take a nap. (Note the ones at DHS (MGM) last time where 2 individual seats vrs a bench style like the ones at the other parks.)
      • All those rentals look alike and cast members tend to move them so bring something you don't mind loosing in case it gets stolen like a bandanna to tie on yours so you can find it quickly.
      • Do not leave valuables in your stroller, that includes those overpriced souvenirs you just bought.
      • Strollers go AWOL (missing) all the time, so keep your receipt on your person. As long as you have your receipt you can get a replacement at most transportation stops (WDW RR stations for example) and selected locations indicated on your guide map.
      • Park Hoppers - keep your receipt you can trade it in on the same day for another stroller in another park.
      • If you really are attached to your stroller and have an infant if you tie a dirty diaper in a semi clear bag to the handle of your stroller you probably will not have to worry about it getting stolen... I haven't tested this one out but a friend swears by it and she has several kids who did Disney in Diapers... :whistling
      Last edited by moderator; 03-27-2008, 09:25 AM.
      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Jerren, they've changed them at the Studios now.

They are $10 or $18 for a double and you can take that with you from park to park. Disney also sells a smaller red and black stroller for I want to say around $40.

I'm not quite sure when you are planning to go but strollers are quite popular in the Florida parks. If you decide to rent I suggest bringing something to tie onto them to "mark" your stroller for easy identification. Although you may know you left it at a certain location, they often get moved so that they are in neat rows to both maximize space and for safety so hopefully no one trips on them as they go get their stroller.

Comment

Strollers for us were a must just so the kids could have a place to nap! Also if you plan on bringing a lot of stuff in the parks with you then you can put it in the stroller instead of carrying it or renting a locker. We generally just bring our small stroller.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

umbrella strollers are a great idea.....but, with a one year old..I'm leaning more towards the ones you rent at the parks. They are roomy enough that you could bundle up the little one, and even lay them down for a little snooze.

Comment

Strollers at WDW: I have rented them during one trip when my child was seven which never even was a thought prior to our trip that year. She did not want to stop but her little legs were just so tired.
              I feel they are worth the price and it is like Magic you get off the ride and your stroller is right there with your name on it.
              You can rent them multiple days at a time or by the day.
              Best part is when you hit your next park just show them the recipt and they will give you another stroller.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                umbrella strollers are a great idea.....but, with a one year old..I'm leaning more towards the ones you rent at the parks. They are roomy enough that you could bundle up the little one, and even lay them down for a little snooze.
                if you have the money, the double strollers are nice. They allow your child to spread out comfortably and you can keep packages, purses, camera bags, etc in them
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Just be sure to bring ALL of your valuables with you! Yes, Cast Members are often watching the strollers/stroller area but they have no way of knowing who should or should not be accessing a specific stroller, etc. It's nice to have to help carry things but if that is your main reason I suggest looking into renting a locker instead.

Comment

You can get a little discount if you prepay your length of stay:
                    single $10 per day, or if you prepay a length of stay it is $8 per day
                    double $18per day, or if you prepay a length of stay it is $16 per day

Cheap umbrella strollers don't recline. It's nice to have a stroller recline for a sleeping child. You have to be careful with the umbrella strollers they tilt backwards when there is too much hanging on the handles (with and without children in them).
                    Denise
                    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Be careful of imitators. Only book with
                    Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
                    [email protected]

Comment

I would recommend getting a cheap umbrella stroller and taking it with you. If you rent in the park, you won't have it for the long walks to the car, bus, monorail, the airport to and from, or wherever you go outside of the parks. They do have their disadvantages, but we found it to be way easier to deal with, and we could take it right to the gate with us at the airport. It made it easier to keep up with the other two kids and everything we had to carry, then at the gate, she and I walked up and down to tire her out. She's always found it easy to sleep sitting straight up with her neck all hunched over, though, there was never an issue with taking a nap in it for her.

The one we got was less than $15 and you could unfold it using just the toes of one foot. It folded small enough to hold it standing up between our legs when on the bus from the resort to the park and did it so quickly that it didn't hold the line up behind us. It even had a little basket underneath that fit the diaper bag and our refillable mugs and then some.

Anyway, that's just my recommendation.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                      Mark Twain

Comment

We have a favorite stroller that works great for a Disney trip-and no I do not work for the company.
                        The brand is Combi they are very lightweight and they fold twice and have a carrying strap making the monorail and trams very easy. Unlike and umbrella stroller they recline, have a sun canopy and a small basket.
                        The cheapest I have found them is on www.albeebaby.com for about $48-70. It is so nice to have your stroller with you going back to the hotel or car.
                        "You can't judge a book by its cover."
                        "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

We bring our own stroller.
                          Kelly

Comment

Okay, this thread had gone WAY off topic and is now being closed.
                            All posts that were among the "Great Stroller Debate" topic have been moved.

We've had this argument before, and everything that can possibly be said about it has been said.

However, there is some good info for Strollers, so the on-topic posts will remain.

Thanks

The MiceChat Moderating Team
                            Thank you for helping to make MiceChat a safe and fun place for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X