This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabulous Dinners!

We are sooooo glad we opted for the dining plan. We never would have otherwise eaten at the restaurants we did. Our bills for dinner alone came to anywhere from $70+ to $115 for 2 adults and one child and would have been $20-25 for each lunch and we paid ~$85 per day for the three of us.

The only mediocre dinner was at Liberty Tree. The food was ok but nothing compared to our other meals. Plus we only saw chip and dale and minnie one time each. Pluto and Goofy didn't even stop at our table. And although we noted both at the time the reservation was made AND when we checked in for dinner that we were celebrating our sons 4th Birthday, there was no mention or note of it. Very disappointing.

However, for the same price as Liberty Tree, the food at Boma and Cape May was OUTSTANDING!!!!! I was IN HEAVEN at Boma. I LOVE curry! And my husband ate plate upon plate of clams, mussels and shrip at Cape May along with 4 SLABS of prime rib! The king crab legs at the Coral Reef were excellent as were the desserts most places. O'hana was delicious too and what a view of the castle across the water! We finished dinner just 10 minutes before the fireworks and watched them from the doc, followed by a fabulous boat ride on one of the smaller boats with the wood seats back across to MK. Teppan Edo was very good too.

For once, Disney dining was a highlight of the vacation, rather than just a quick mediocre bite to eat. Some of the best restaurant food I have had in a long time. And most of those were all you care to eat!

So yeah, even though we had to pay the tip and didn't get appetizers on the nights we weren't at a buffet or family style restaurant, the dining plan is still worth it!

Re: Fabulous Dinners!

I'm glad to hear you feel that way. My Disney group opted for the Dining Plan this year as well. We're going in June and we've never used the DDP before, but decided it would be less to worry about moneywise when we are at the parks. I've always liked Liberty Tree, but I sort of prefer the Garden Grill now. We plan to try lots of new places this time including 50's Prime Time, Marakesh, and Biergarten. I think the DDP kind of frees you up to try new things.

Comment

I am so glad that you had such great dining experiences. I recently ate at Liberty Tree for the first time, and my experience was a positive one. It is pretty nice to plan it all out ahead of time, and then you don't have to sweat the cost. You can just sit back and enjoy. I hope that your son had a good birthday, despite the Liberty Tree disappointment.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

mmmmmmm......Boma good
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

We had the DDP in Dec '05 when we took our two little ones. What we loved about it was the ease in handing our card over and then being done with it. That was wonderful. We also enjoyed all the places we ate, including Cinderella's Royal Table for our 12th anniversary. The downside was that we just could not keep up with all the appetizers, meals and desserts. Our kids are not big eaters, (they were 4 and 6 at the time) and we really felt like we were either wasting food, or just not getting our money's worth, if you know what I mean. Some nights we just weren't hungry but didn't want to let the credits go to waste. I think once they're teenagers and have more of an appetite we may try it again.

We're going back this Novemeber/December and we're going to try the AP discount. Hopefully that will work better. I would definitely like to try Boma ~ I hear nothing but good reviews about that place!

Comment

Hurry up Disney, release the free food!!!!!

Comment

HI Donald Duck 675,

I just wanted to mention that the last time I visited WDW a couple of months ago I wasn't too pleased with Restaurant Marakesh. I think Teppan Edo is a much better choice. If you haven't made reservations or can change them I would consider doing so. Just some friendly advice.
              Princess Michele
              Disney Travel Planner
              Magical Travel
              princessmichele@charter.net

Comment

Originally posted by princess michele View Post
                HI Donald Duck 675,

I just wanted to mention that the last time I visited WDW a couple of months ago I wasn't too pleased with Restaurant Marakesh. I think Teppan Edo is a much better choice. If you haven't made reservations or can change them I would consider doing so. Just some friendly advice.
                Restaurant Marakesh is amazing. If you like Turkish/Greek food, you'll enjoy it. If not, then hey, they still have the belly dancers.

Is Teppan Edo the one that was being refurbished this past summer? I hope they make the sushi bar bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseHipster View Post
                  Restaurant Marakesh is amazing. If you like Turkish/Greek food, you'll enjoy it. If not, then hey, they still have the belly dancers.
                  Now this is a smart and logical person
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

If the kids were only 4 & 6 you only should have paid $9.99 per day for their dining. If you priced out an ice cream, soda & quick lunch you would have been well over the 9.99, so I don't think you wasted any money. Food maybe, but not money. Don't feel you lost out in any way, you still came out ahead.
                    Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                    Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                    Favorite Sites for latest news:
                    WDWNewToday.com
                    WaltDisneyBoards.com
                    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                      If the kids were only 4 & 6 you only should have paid $9.99 per day for their dining. If you priced out an ice cream, soda & quick lunch you would have been well over the 9.99, so I don't think you wasted any money. Food maybe, but not money. Don't feel you lost out in any way, you still came out ahead.
                      That's good to know. I forgot to mention that they each had the stomach flu on that trip, which took them out of commission for a day each. That may have been one of the problems with credits going to waste. However, at the end of the week we did cash in our extra snack credits (I think we had 12 left) on Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats to take back to CA.

Also we LOVE Restaurant Marrakesh. Not only are the Brewats awesome, but the bellydancers are fun to watch too! They actually inspired me to start taking classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                        They actually inspired me to start taking classes.
                        Bellydancing actually looks like a lot of fun.
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                          its fun to watch. that I know
                          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I think next time we go we will try the DDP. Everyone I've talked to says it's a pretty good deal.

'50's Prime Time Cafe is really good. Beware...you better use your manners there, or they will get you!! LOL
                            :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                            Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                              Denise, it's really fun. I take a class at my local YMCA. Not only is it great exercise, but you really do feel pretty while you're doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPeaRules View Post
                                I think next time we go we will try the DDP. Everyone I've talked to says it's a pretty good deal.

'50's Prime Time Cafe is really good. Beware...you better use your manners there, or they will get you!! LOL
                                I know I'm in the minority but I loathe the Prime Time
                                www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, about the Restaurant Marakesh comment. We like the type of food just thought the quality wasn't up to standards. Just be sure if you go you ask for a table up front. Only a few tables have a good view of the belly dancer. I really didn't mind that my husband couldn't see (LOL) but my kids were disappointed. They stood in the aisle so they could see. They did enjoy it and the music is a lot of fun.

Teppan Edo is one of our families favorites!! My son eats my seaweed appetizer and my daughters. He can have it.

We like the 50's Prime Time Cafe. The kids enjoy the servers. I have had server try to do the airplane fork full of green beans to me before. Last year my son was served greens with whipped cream and sprinkles for dessert!
                                  Princess Michele
                                  Disney Travel Planner
                                  Magical Travel
                                  princessmichele@charter.net

Comment

Originally posted by princess michele View Post
                                    The kids enjoy the servers. I have had server try to do the airplane fork full of green beans to me before. Last year my son was served greens with whipped cream and sprinkles for dessert!
                                    see I hate that
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MouseHipster View Post

Is Teppan Edo the one that was being refurbished this past summer? I hope they make the sushi bar bigger.
                                      Marakesh has a great lamb dish and the steak is very good. My teenage son especially enjoyed the belly dancer.

I ate at Teppan Edo two weeks ago and it was very good. The steak, veggies and noodles were excellent. I usually have to add salt to my food to make it tastey, but everything was so good I didn't need to add anything.
                                      Denise
                                      www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Be careful of imitators. Only book with
                                      Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
                                      denise@magicaltravel.com

Comment

Working...
                                      X