This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jungle Skip EVER!!

We of course went on the Jungle Cruise while at MK. We got Nick as our skipper on Thursday 2/28. He was FANTASTIC! The best skipper we've had in YEARS. AND he had the added torture of a back up at the return to civilization in which he had to fill 2-3 extra minutes of sitting and waiting at the end. He didn't miss a beat, just kept the spiel going. We got the whole thing on tape. We want to post it on YouTube but not sure whether or not that is a good idea? Certainly don't want to get him in trouble if some of his material was unofficial (which I suspect some of it was).

Anyway, kudos to Nick!

Re: Best Jungle Skip EVER!!

more than any other attraction this one depends on the CM you have
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

i always like the ones that add their own spiel...by now i've gotten most of the punch lines memorized, and if it is a boring skipper, the ride is just painful
      "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

Comment

I always like the ones that pretend to panic and then jump ship to run screaming into the jungle leaving everyone in the boat to look at each other with that WTF? look on their faces... but that could just be me
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

This ride needs a serious overhaul IMHO
          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
            This ride needs a serious overhaul IMHO
            Yes but it's a classic Disney attraction and those seem to be disappearing and not always for the better. At least arm the Skippers with the blanks to fend off the hippo's like in the old days and add maybe some suspense or excitement, say small air cannons in the water that splash a bit when the headhunters shoot at you and you have to escape thru the temple and the attraction would last another 30 years or so...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
              Yes but it's a classic Disney attraction and those seem to be disappearing and not always for the better.
              Thats true. I didn't mind the loss of Mr. Toad's but they could have done a lot better. I wouldn't mind seeing Jungle Cruise or Carousel of Progress go bye-bye as long as its not for a mediocre attraction or a Jack Sparrow Meet-n-greet
              www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Jungle Cruise and CoP are two of my favorites. I love them because Walt actually had a part in their creation. Plus, CoP was revolutionary when it was made. It's almost like a museum now. I don't think we should get rid of museums.

It would be cool if they added piranha to the Jungle Cruise like they have in California. Those freaked me out because I wasn't expecting them.
                -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                  I don't think we should get rid of museums.
                  Depends on the museum and whats replacing it
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

well, according to allears, the JC will be down from May 11 - 24. So maybe something good will happen?
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                      well, according to allears, the JC will be down from May 11 - 24. So maybe something good will happen?
                      Doesn't seem like they could get a lot done in 2 weeks though, but I've been known to be wrong
                      "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                        Maybe they''ll add a loop or a double helix or something to that effect... Or a white tiger that grabs people in sequined jump suits by the throat and pulls them offstage!
                        He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                        follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                        DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

There was also a rumor floating around of adding a jaguar, but I doubt we'll see that in this refurb.
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I had an idea on sprucing up the JC a bit. Once you get into the Temple, have a more realistic tiger ready to pounce, drop the lights, make a splash with a growl. Perhaps preceeded by some corny line by the skipper on how Tigers like the water....
                            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Thats true. I didn't mind the loss of Mr. Toad's but they could have done a lot better. I wouldn't mind seeing Jungle Cruise or Carousel of Progress go bye-bye as long as its not for a mediocre attraction or a Jack Sparrow Meet-n-greet

Whoa there big guy, I wouldn't mind seeing COP get a new end scene (existing one is a bit dated) but it is one of my favorites, partly because it was done by Walt, it was one of the original worlds fair attractions that paid part of the costs of Disney Land, and well it's quite entertaining and educational... It's simply amazing to see how much things have changed over the past 100 years or so... And its one of those attractions I go to see every time it's open and drag my daughter to to justify taking her out of school for a few days as its "educational". It also is one of the few remaining attractions that transcend generations and has the potential to bring families together as kids ask questions about the good old days... With so few good attractions left in Tom Morrow's land these days to loose that would be unthinkable.

I for one miss Mr Toads terribly, yes it was just a dark ride, but it was a good dark ride and it had two queues each with a slightly different set of scenes, it had the illusion of being fast and out of control, it was just a great ride all around. The loss of the Nemo subs and Toad's just makes me not want to spend much time in that area anymore, the tot lot while looking nice and themed with the pooh ride has a very limited audience of just toddlers, Walt would have never ok'd it since it aimed only at little kids which would have been a failure in his book. The pooh ride while it's nice and all just falls short of the mark IMHO. With all that available space between the two attractions closing they could have done so much more...

The pirates remake was not what we all hoped it to be, hopefully some day it will be, I only hope that if they do do something to spice up the Jungle Cruise that they learn from their mistakes in pirates and don't do things like putting newer more advanced AA's mixed in with the older ones such that its so obvious or that if they redo the sound they redo all of it equally... The HM refurb was incredible I just hope they take that level of care and planning on all future refurbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                Whoa there big guy, I wouldn't mind seeing COP get a new end scene (existing one is a bit dated) but it is one of my favorites, partly because it was done by Walt, it was one of the original worlds fair attractions that paid part of the costs of Disney Land, and well it's quite entertaining and educational... It's simply amazing to see how much things have changed over the past 100 years or so... And its one of those attractions I go to see every time it's open and drag my daughter to to justify taking her out of school for a few days as its "educational". It also is one of the few remaining attractions that transcend generations and has the potential to bring families together as kids ask questions about the good old days... With so few good attractions left in Tom Morrow's land these days to loose that would be unthinkable.

I for one miss Mr Toads terribly, yes it was just a dark ride, but it was a good dark ride and it had two queues each with a slightly different set of scenes, it had the illusion of being fast and out of control, it was just a great ride all around. The loss of the Nemo subs and Toad's just makes me not want to spend much time in that area anymore, the tot lot while looking nice and themed with the pooh ride has a very limited audience of just toddlers, Walt would have never ok'd it since it aimed only at little kids which would have been a failure in his book. The pooh ride while it's nice and all just falls short of the mark IMHO. With all that available space between the two attractions closing they could have done so much more...

The pirates remake was not what we all hoped it to be, hopefully some day it will be, I only hope that if they do do something to spice up the Jungle Cruise that they learn from their mistakes in pirates and don't do things like putting newer more advanced AA's mixed in with the older ones such that its so obvious or that if they redo the sound they redo all of it equally... The HM refurb was incredible I just hope they take that level of care and planning on all future refurbs.
                                We'll have to agree to disagree on CoP and Toad's. I find CoP outdated and stuffy. I wouldn't mind seeing it at a museum or Innoventions but I just feel its time has passed.

As for Toad's, I never disliked it but I was not attached to it like some other attractions, POTC, HM, Wedway People Mover, etc. Although it's probably better that what it was replaced with.

I love the POTC re-do. The Jack Sparrow figures are amazing and I like the Davey Jones smoke. The additions I think spiced up the ride but left it basically as it had always been. Jungle Cruise could use that kind of spicing up. More than POTC ever did
                                www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority is a better attraction than CoP? That's an interesting take on things. While I love zipping around silently on the TTA, I have to agree with Jerren that CoP has much more history and "reason" for it existing. It's a nice change from all the other rides that just put everything on a video screen and call it educational. CoP has a depth to it you just don't find very much anymore in an attraction. I wouldn't mind seeing them update the AAs, sound system and seats though. Just refurb it a bit while keeping the original intent.

I truly will be devastated if it ever closes.
                                  -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                                    The Tomorrowland Transit Authority is a better attraction than CoP?
                                    Sure is. TTA is relaxing, CoP is boring. Its a fine line
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Sure is. TTA is relaxing, CoP is boring. Its a fine line
                                      I think we will have to agree to disagree, on CoP and I think Mr Toads Wild Ride and the 2000 Leagues under the sea rides where far far superior to what they where replaced with. And well don't get me started on Stitch and MILF. (you would think with such a naughty abbreviation it would be so much better than it is...)

I personally liked the POC better before they added Jack to it at WDW. Yes the Jack AA is amazing and I do like the Davey Jones pprojection, but the point is it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the others, the audio is distinctly different with all the "Jack Sparrow this/Jack Sparrow that" it totally lacks continuity. They could have added the Davey Jones projection, kept the talking scull and crossbones before the drop and not added Jack at all as it kinda ruins the rest of the ride. (then again I liked it better when the men chased the women too but hey I can live with the PC version) And this is coming from a HUGE POTC movie fan here, I wish they had taken the time to do the full rehab like they did in WDL.

My whole point is if they do make changes to the Jungle Cruise I hope they have at least learned their lesson about blending new and old elements together as they did in the HM and don't just drop in something new that doesn't blend in like they did to the POTC.

Comment

I hate the PC version...buy a bride is NOTHING like bargain for a wench of a bride!

People forget that in the old days "wench" was common terminology for a young lady...not derogatory at all.

Talk about continuity...sheesh...
                                        Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Comment

Working...
                                        X