X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ratatouille Coaster

Originally posted by halltd View Post
    Let us not forget about THE most complex (and presumably expensive) AA created to date exists not in a dark ride, but a roller coaster - the Yeti.
    Very good point! And now I want a list of all the animatronics in the resort! Any volunteers?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
      Ahh yes... I assumed Disney coaster are more expensive than normal amusement park coasters. I thought the discussion was weather a Disney dark ride was more expensive than a typical coaster.

Now I am wondering which is more expensive: an E ticket Disney dark ride, or an E ticket Disney Coaster. That would be a more fair comparison.

Given the costs of the rides I mentioned, I think they are greater for a Disney E ticket dark ride, especially since Disney keeps trying to up the technology on their rides to make them more appealing to the cyber generation.

Anyone care to reveal how much the newer Disney coasters cost to build?

- Anatole
      It still all depends on what is going into the attraction. Expedition Everest cost more than Disney's stated $100 million. Lutz says Radiator Springs Racers is in the $300 million price range right now. All the while THe Little Mermaid would have been an E-Ticket if not set up for comparison to Radiator Springs Racers. In many ways Disney has really upped its game.

Comment

Ha ha... anyone care to guess how much Journey to the Center of the Earth cost at TDS?

I imagine the cost of EE was related to the size of the show building... pity for that they couldn't theme all sides of it. Have you seen pics of the unthemed side? Pretty bad! lol.

So $100 million for EE. Now I wonder how much the AA yeti cost to build.

I just looked up California Screamin on wiki, coaster database and did a google search, but I couldn't find any numbers for it. I think it was less expensive than some of the other E ticket dark rides Disney does.

- Anatole

Comment

Yeah, I think the Disney coaster are top of the line in terms of theming and cost. Seems like they rival the Disney E ticket dark rides, so I think neither is more expensive given how Disney produces them.

- Anatole

Comment

Ha ha... anyone care to guess how much Journey to the Center of the Earth cost at TDS?
            I would not want to imagine. That number may be hard to get a good guess on because of how Mount Prometheus doubles as the show building.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              Tell that to the people behind Disneyland's Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Monsters Inc Mike & Sulley to the Rescue. There are no real audio animatronics in those. There is one Roz character at the end of Monsters Inc but she just talks one line and moves her hands around. Really not that complicated.

Toy Story Midway Mania in California Adventure is boasting a very complicated Mr. Potatohead that talks to you while waiting in line. I'm not sure if Hollywood Studios is getting this as well. I'm assuming they are.

If you're gonna give me Winnie the Pooh as the dark ride, then I will take a coaster anyday
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                If you're gonna give me Winnie the Pooh as the dark ride, then I will take a coaster anyday
                Huh?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  I am assuming any new dark ride would have high level AAs
                  Why? Mr Toad's didn't, Peter Pan doesn't, Snow White doesn't, just because its a Disney ride doesn't mean they need to add AA's to it at all.

Just so their is no confusion I was suggesting a fast tight turned multi scene Dark ride similar to Mr Toad's wild ride, complete with near misses with the other cars al la track design, and narrow misses with show elements, like knives which could be cheaply, easily and reliably done with pneumatics, or an actuator that flips a show element around (like the evil queen in Snow Whites) from a black panel to a dark light illuminated knife.

The result in my mind is a ride that:
                  • Is accessible to all members of the family, not just the adrenaline junkies.
                  • Is relatively inexpensive to build and maintain compared to other types of rides - which means the bean counters might actually ok it.
                  • Can tell the story or a new story that is clearly understood by the rider.
                  • Two different tracks with different scenes etc means more repeat riders and debates over which side is better, etc.
                  • Can fit into existing park space and/or utilize warehouse space that is not currently in use since the studio has shut down.
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I imagine the cost of EE was related to the size of the show building... pity for that they couldn't theme all sides of it. Have you seen pics of the unthemed side? Pretty bad! lol.
                    All you have to do is drive or ride the bus into Animal Kingdom's parking lot. The warehouse with a mountain attached is right there for all to see as your first impression of the park.
                    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                      Huh?
                      we were talking about how dark rides are better/more popular than coasters. I'm just saying that if the option is a coaster or a poorly designed/funded dark ride. Its not contest. I agree that well designed dark rides with quality AAs (POTC,HM,etc) are often better and as popular as a good Disney coaster
                      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Ratatouille could be done as a wild mouse through a wild ride from the sewer to the kichten. Disney could make a giant AA human to chase the vechiles.
                        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          Ratatouille could be done as a wild mouse through a wild ride from the sewer to the kichten. Disney could make a giant AA human to chase the vechiles.
                          they would have to big real big
                          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X