This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epcot - Mice Chat Meet; Pop Century

What a crazy weekend! I had so much fun. It was so nice to meet some new people and hang out with some old friends. I'm beat! LOL I apologize now because I don't have many photos of the meet because I was to busy socializing! :lol:

Should you wish to see all the photos I took this weekend, please visit HERE.

We arrived late Friday evening, my daughter and I decided to take advantage of the EMH's at Epcot. It was FABULOUS! If you can make it, that last hour we got on soooo many rides, the park was virtually empty!

Where geekdom was born.

Is this some freaky Brady episode?

Whoa, I'm seeing dragons.

What is this a dragon skunk? That would make it a what? Drunk? I'm beginning to think they lace the skunk smell with vodka because things are all screwed up.

Hey there Figment, looks like your having trouble standing!

OMG! They are multiplying, I'm outta here!

Was so excited to see the changes to the Kodak "What If" Labs, I was a little disappointed when I realized that they changed the flooring, moved stuff around and added some different "lighting". The upstairs is still closed btw. BRING BACK THE RAINBOW TUNNEL!

Next we headed over to The Seas With Nemo and Friends, I have to admit it's so much easier to appreciate when you aren't having to deal with crowds.

Hi! Got any food?!

Fish are friends..NOT FOOD! So why does that little fish look so nervous. :P

Mommmmmy!!!!

(Don't worry, no children were swallowed on my watch!)

You know, with no one around, Brucey really creeps me out!

*sings* In the BIG BLUE world..

Took a chance as it was about 11:30 and went to see how the line for Soarin was, the wait....10 minutes. Awesome..

End of the line!

KRONK! *starts singing my own theme music*

11:50? We can do one more before leaving can't we? For those who want to know what Test Track looks
    like, right around midnight.

Look! It's a gigantic mister!

Why thank you, we had a great time! :P

Still smiling after her latest night ever! My baby is growing up...*sniffs*

Stay tuned for Day 2 and some Mice Chattery Goodness.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 03-16-2008, 04:10 PM.

Re: Epcot - Mice Chat Meet; Pop Century

Wow, that park was so empty. Thanks for sharing this with us and glad you had a great time.

Comment

10 minutes for Soarin'!??? I nearly fainted when I read that!

Comment

I saw a pic of you over in Denise's post. I like your new 'do. It's da bomb.

Comment

Day 2

Before the event got underway, I had a FFA meeting to attend. What's FFA you say? Why Figaro Fries Anonymous of course!

Left to right: SummerinFL; EvilQueenRocks; It'sGoodToBeKing (Evils hubby) and PhoneDave.

Some little girl was having a birthday, so 3 CM's sang a song to her. Everybody say awwwwwww..

This is for all my VMK friends out there. I so want this shirt..

The tarp is down on City Hall, needless to say she's still Topless.

Time to hop the monorail!

This is where my photos get a little off kilter, (no pun intended) as the event was starting and I needed to hand out packets.

Let me see if I can get all the names right of who showed up. LOL

EvilQueenRocks; ItsGoodToBeKing; PhoneDave; WDWLakelandFL; OFTEric; his assistant Heather (very nice girl btw); Cyre; Skittlekicks and her honey Jim; WitchesofMorva; Aashee; Nbodyhome(Denise) and DoomBGI (Who came by fashionably late to the evening meet and stayed the rest of the day.

Everybody showed up a few minutes early, so I started handing out packets. They each got a bag with the quest and a pen to write down their answers.

To recap, they had 3 hours to obtain as many points as possible. Every on-ride question was worth 2 points, every off-ride question was worth 1 point. There was also a list of items they could obtain and each of those items was worth 1 point as well.

So after giving out some rules, no cutting, no splitting up teams etc.. I sent them off!

Everyone scattered like roaches after a light switch.(I know there's a better analogy somewhere.)

We met up for the prize awards later, Nbodyhome has a great thread on that, I recommend reading more about it here.

Again, I can't say thanks enough to everyone involved, Eric for the prizes, Rixter for the lovely magnets, Denise for taking some photos and Todd for having such an awesome site that brings us all together.

So while everyone was out questing, a small group of us tried to kill 3 hours.

We went on Figment again. It appears that he is no longer drunk, unless I'm wrong and he is studying his hand a little too close in this photo.

Then we went on a Norwegian adventure, thanks to Evil's hubby, all I kept thinking about was Mystery Science Theater. LOL

It was then a certain witch decided she wanted to be a viking.
          Orwen! What did I tell you about playing with pigtails? Tsk,tsk.

After handing out the wonderful prizes and grabbing some dinner, we said our goodbyes to Skittlekicks and her honey, Eric and Heather (who were on their way to a Hootie and the Blowfish concert, jealous!) and the rest of us hopped aboard the Living with the Land attraction.

Afterwords, we took a walk around World Showcase. No sip and nibbles this time but we did stop occasionally for drinks and conversation.

Stopped by in the National Treasures exhibit, I had never been in there before, was quite interesting!

We Can Do It!

From the looks of this hat, I would say Lincoln had a really small head. LOL

Another rare moment of solitude. (The crowds were so much better than I expected on that day.)

It was then that we lost Evil and her husband as they had dinner plans in Japan. So the rest of us finished off the other 1/2 of WS, with a brief visit to the Gran Fiesta Tour.

We all decided to call it a night after that but with one last stop on Spaceship Earth. We got stuck right at the beginning of the attraction as someone decided to hop out of their car, so there were a lot of CM's running about.

They did manage to get us back up and running and DoomBGI got to ride the attraction for the first time since the refurb. They even put his photo up there twice on the globe.

Some other thoughts from the day:

PhoneDave: It was wonderful to meet you, I'm so glad you could attend. We must have another FFA meeting in the future.

Aashee: I so enjoyed telling dirty jokes and hearing all about this Fartation Club you're a part of. I'm intrigued! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, your children are adorable.

DoomBGI: Thank you so much for taking time out of your weekend to come and visit, it was so nice to see you!

My only regret was not being able to spend as much time as I would have liked with everyone who came!

We had plans to go to Animal Kingdom today but I was just too tired, so we slept in, ate breakfast at Boma's and drove home.

Thank you for spending time with my family.

Good night!

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post

Still smiling after her latest night ever! My baby is growing up...*sniffs*

I see your daughter is Montana fan like my 3 year old.
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
              I saw a pic of you over in Denise's post. I like your new 'do. It's da bomb.
              Thanks! Although the more I see myself in photographs, the more I feel I look like Hurley from Lost. :lol: It's ok though, I'll rock it anyway.

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
              I see your daughter is Montana fan like my 3 year old.
              Oh yes, in the crazy "Beatles" kinda way. She about broke my heart the other day when she went, "Mommy, I don't like princesses anymore, I only like pop stars." LOL

I do enjoy her music though, although I prefer Miley over Hannah, not as "cutsie".

I almost forgot! One of the things they had the option to do was send a postcard from Space in the Mission:Space exit area.

Here they are!

Team Serious

Skittlekicks and honey

Cyre

WDWLakelandFL

PhoneDave
              Last edited by SummerInFL; 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

She about broke my heart the other day when she went, "Mommy, I don't like princesses anymore, I only like pop stars." LOL
                It goes in cycles I think
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

You know, with no one around, Brucey really creeps me out
                  you're right......spooky.

Comment

DoomBGI
                    Did he come in last place?
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Haha, I love the cards from Mission:Space! (Especially Phonedave's! :lol Nice photos and report Summer. As I mentioned in Denise's thread it looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad to hear the crowds were low so you were able to enjoy your time and ride more things. Hopefully we can do another event like this and I can join in!

Comment

ORWEN: Well, I just wanna' give you a BIG hug, Summer, duckling--for taking my picture as a Vi-Queen!! I mean, this should certainly help lay to rest the wicked claim by a certain nasty old biddy that the wide angle lense needed to take a picture of me hasn't been invented, yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                          Did he come in last place?
                          :lol: He gets a "A" for effort. LOL

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                          Hopefully we can do another event like this and I can join in!
                          That would be awesome!

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                          ORWEN: Well, I just wanna' give you a BIG hug, Summer, duckling--for taking my picture as a Vi-Queen!! I mean, this should certainly help lay to rest the wicked claim by a certain nasty old biddy that the wide angle lense needed to take a picture of me hasn't been invented, yet!!!
                          I must say though, finding a photo of you is definitely difficult! Wide angle lens or no. LOL

Comment

ah he did make it lol
                            sounds like a great weekend!!!!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

looks brillaint!! wish i could come! hopefully there'll be a meet arranged when im in florida one year!

Comment

Sorry I could not attend you guys. I was busy at TDR taking photos...(check link below in signature/shameless plug!)
                                Hopefully next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X