X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annual Theme Park Attendance Numbers

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
    I need more. Not neccessarily names and sources, but generally where this information comes from. If the numbers are inflated, how are they inflated? Who's doing the inflating and who's doing the reporting?
    You need more?

This isn't a buffet Danny.

You get what your server brings. You don't like it, you dine elsewhere. (though I do hope you're a pity tipper and will leave me 30% for mediocre service!)

But since you're a pal, I'll tell you this comes from empoyees inside the company who have access to numbers on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly) basis.

As to how they're inflated, I believe I told you the games that are played with everything from hard-ticket events and park-hopping to CM comps and even EMH.

A lot of clicks that shouldn't count, do.

And a lot of Chicago-style voting (or Florida these days) tends to happen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
      We know that all of them are incorrect unless they have been provided to Thea by the theme parks themselves (which none of them have)
      Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Excuse me, but the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and the Oriental Land Company (TDR) both release their official figures, and maybe some other parks, not sure of the World Wide companies.

And it isn't TEA that comes up with the numbers, they hire ERA to come up with the actual numbers, who are experts at doing things like this. Heck, Walt Disney hired them to try and figure out where to build Disneyland in Southern California back in the early 50's. And I think they did a GREAT job in figuring out where the center of SoCal would be 50 years later!
      I seem to recall that Euro Disney SCA has also released some numbers in the past.

I really don't find it hard to believe the numbers for the Magic Kingdom are padded. Five million people though seems to be a lot of padding.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
        Excuse me, but the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and the Oriental Land Company (TDR) both release their official figures, and maybe some other parks, not sure of the World Wide companies.
        I didn't know Cedar Fair released their figures. Unless you have the stock I am not sure your going to see it.

Comment

Anything given to stock holders would be publicaly available - not sure what you mean there

Comment

Wow
            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
            X