X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fastpass

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Disney should not offer a choice on how to enjoy rides and shows... everyone at the park should be treated the same, with the same priviledges. Or else, Disney needs to start charging money for this priviledge which is clearly abused by the masses.
    TDLFAN, I agree with most of your post but not the above portion. I really like the fact that we have a choice and to me the more options the better. Right now everyone is treated the same, charging for FastPasses would be treating people differently.

The only things I do not like about FP is the way people hang out at the return entrance waiting for their time. What is the point of having the FP if you are just going to wait at the return for 10-15 minutes? At least sit down on a nearby bench and soak up the Disney (or buy something, that's what FP were invented for anyways, lol).
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
      Another quick question: how come the Fantasyland attractions at Disneyland don't offer FastPass? That is nonsensical. Every time I've been to Disneyland, some of the longest waits were in Fantasyland, and for some of the shortest rides. Magic Kingdom has FastPass in Fantasyland, and that allowed us to breeze into Peter Pan and Snow White.
      What you're seeing is actually a negative effect of FastPass. In the 90s the quaint Fantasyland dark rides were a short wait. We'd ride Alice in Wonderland several times in an hour if we wanted to.

Problem is, since FastPass was added to all the high-capacity rides (aside from Matterhorn which isn't high enough capacity, and Mansion where the capacity is so high that FP is reduandant.) All the people who get FP for these big rides then go kill time by riding rides that don't have FP.

So basically you can only ride Alice once an hour now because the line is filled with people who, twenty years ago, would have been waiting in the line for Big Thunder or Pirates instead.

Comment

^ Exactly. I claim Fastpass negatively increases the park's attendance "virtually" by allowing people to "ride" more than one thing at the same time. So, if 30,000 people are in the park, there are virtually 40-50,000 people riding rides. So, the wait times for all the attractions gets longer. It's a negative side affect to a system that "appears" to be saving everyone time.

I guess it goes hand in hand with the theme park though. It's all about an illusion to the guest.
        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
          On our recent trip to WDW, my gf and I made frequent use of the fastpass, but had no idea that you could get away with using an expired pass. But that wasn't a problem at all -- we just showed up on time.
          You have just earned my respect. I wish the other 98.2% of those using Faspass didn't abuse it like they do. Better yet. I wish Disney was more vigilant about illegal use of FPs all over property, since they are not willing to pull the plug on this "virus" affecting the Disney parks worldwide.

Comment

I agree that the fast pass system is broken,however, the whole point to my question was late within reason, within a few minutes. I'll be a first timer to WDW, and as a first timer, I am very unfamiliar with the parks and i am concerned about travel time.

Comment

Working...
            X