X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future of the Speedway

Originally posted by halltd View Post
    But, bulldoze it for another movie tie-in that doesn't "fit" is just wrong.
    I don't advocate that
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

And exactly what do you think would be an acceptable replacement for a tired attraction like the Grand Prix?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        And exactly what do you think would be an acceptable replacement for a tired attraction like the Grand Prix?
        I don't have any specific idea. I may take the area to expand Tomorrowland and Toontown, but I don't have any specific ideas.
        www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

So, now i'd like to break up this arguement, to introduce a new thread on Micechat. It's Earth Hour 2008. Here's the thread http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...and-92666.html
          Help our enviroment :thumbup: and be a better person:yea:, and don't forget to tell your friends.

Thanks for th interest and now return to your fight.

Comment

No one is fighting here and you should be ashamed for saying that. Go face the corner young man!!

Comment

wow, i'm sorry for wrongfully describing your discussion

but i was only trying to spread awareness of Earth Hour 2008.
              I didn't mean to anger anyone.
              sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

You didn't anger me. I was just taking a cue from your comment and posted what is intended as a joking remark. Oh well... I guess many of you do not get my dry sense of humor here. You'll get used to in no time...

Comment

oh well in that case. )

and back to the topic of this thread, just don't remove speedway, redo it, make it better, still family friendly, and having to do with tomorrow.

Comment

I agree with you. I personally do not care to ride this attraction but, I reckon there are other people who enjoy doing this for the sake of spending some fun time in the company of their young children and such, and that is what makes the raceway a tad special.

Comment

i don't really ride Autopia that often at DL or the speedway a Mk, but when I do I actually have some enjoyment. The just need Speedway to be more tomorrow themed.

and for those people who want to expand toontown they can expand north, don't take up the land of the speedway.

Comment

Prior to my driving days, the Autopia at Disneyland was a MUST every time I went. So I imagine this is a great attraction for everyone at least until age 15, which is reason enough for them to keep it around.

But yah... it definitely needs an upgrade. Disneyland's was redone 8 years ago. HK's was created not too long ago to use electric cars. I think enough testing around has been made for them to make something even more incredible. They should now know what works and what doesn't work.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Unlike the The DL Autopia, there just isn't any reason to ride the TL Speedway. It either needs a MAJOR upgrade and retheme or just loose it all together.

The ride takes up way to much prime real estate for what it is and if they include the walkway also that's one BIG area to work with.

Why not build a new E-ticket outside the berm and use the the inpark area to expand TL, FL and MTTF. That way the ride could be added to anyone of those lands.

Now, combine that with an all new Fantasyland upgrade and you'll have a whole new MK.
                          That park has so much space to expand it's not even funny, poor DL.

Hey, a guy can "Dream" right?
                          Last edited by 3rdshiftCM; 03-20-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                            Unlike the The DL Autopia, there just isn't any reason to ride the TL Speedway. It either needs a MAJOR upgrade and retheme or just loose it all together.

Someone on my side. Yea
                            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

autopia at DL is worlds better then MK's simply because there is at least some identity on the course. the MK one is abysmal.

car speed is pathetic (my local paramount park has much bigger cars that go faster w/o issue) and the course is dreary, gloomy, and dull.

The attraction is not up to par for Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                Someone on my side. Yea
                                I thought I was on your side as well...but I don't fail to recognize why the ride is still there.

Comment

I thought I was on your side as well...but I don't fail to recognize why the ride is still there.
                                  You say blow it up too?
                                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

but I don't fail to recognize why the ride is still there.

It's a low cost, fairly high capacity attraction and the kids enjoy it.

But, that's no reason to keep an outdated mostly unthemed useless waste of a lot of space. There is more than enough room for a quality upgrade but, I just don't think WDW Mgnt would be willing to spend the $$$ for any kind of major upgrade. I mean what did they do the last time, add some bricks to the course and new decals on the vehicles.

If DL was willing to upgrade the original Autopia than MK should be willing to do the same. You would think it would be an easy decision.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                      Over my dead body.
                                      Okay. lol. Jumba say hi.
                                      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Working...
                                      X