Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - and I need some help from the WDW Florida crew!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's official - and I need some help from the WDW Florida crew!

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Afraid to go to Clearwater? I live here and absolutely love it. Small city with a big city feel. Everything is close by. In Tampa you have to drive at least a half hour to get anywhere.
    Like I said. I'm afraid of being audited.

Comment

Afraid to go to Clearwater? I live here and absolutely love it. Small city with a big city feel. Everything is close by. In Tampa you have to drive at least a half hour to get anywhere.
      That's not true at all, I live in Tampa and I'm 5-10 minutes from everything. :P

I will say that traffic is better in Pinellas County though, Tampa traffic is just mean! :lol:

Comment

You must live in the middle of Tampa then. I lived in north Tampa for 5 years (if you went like a mile up the road you'd be in Lutz). Only thing that was 10 minutes away was the scary University Mall and Busch Gardens. I don't miss living there one bit.

Comment

You must live in the middle of Tampa then. I lived in north Tampa for 5 years (if you went like a mile up the road you'd be in Lutz). Only thing that was 10 minutes away was the scary University Mall and Busch Gardens. I don't miss living there one bit.
          Nope, West Tampa, Town N Country, Westchase area. Super Target 2 minutes; Publix, movie theaters, all within 5 miles of the house.

But I know the area your talking about, you're right, there's nothing there. LOL Although it is expanding like crazy, seems there is only one way for them to go and that's up!

Sorry to change the topic here Trac, promise to only touch on Orlando from now on.

Comment

LOL thats okay - need to learn about the area and beyond right??? I told the girls that Florida is Pirate area - so hey REn Faires, Pirate Faires, the beach, fishing, boating, Key West - ahhh heck the area! LOL

Tho yes I need to learn about Orlando - I want to be in a good area for my kids (ooops young adults) but for me too - I need to get out and about -
            Spell Binding Books
            http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
            The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
            We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
            Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
            Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Originally posted by Trac View Post
              LOL thats okay - need to learn about the area and beyond right??? I told the girls that Florida is Pirate area - so hey REn Faires, Pirate Faires, the beach, fishing, boating, Key West - ahhh heck the area! LOL

Tho yes I need to learn about Orlando - I want to be in a good area for my kids (ooops young adults) but for me too - I need to get out and about -

Oh!! We have a FABULOUS Ren Fest that comes to Tampa every March/April. If you ever get to go you must see the "Washer Women" and the "Mud Guys", they are hilarious. Also, every year in Tampa there is a pirate festival called Gasparilla, it's all New Orleans and pirates, so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                Nope, West Tampa, Town N Country, Westchase area. Super Target 2 minutes; Publix, movie theaters, all within 5 miles of the house.

But I know the area your talking about, you're right, there's nothing there. LOL Although it is expanding like crazy, seems there is only one way for them to go and that's up!

Sorry to change the topic here Trac, promise to only touch on Orlando from now on.
                Where I am now there's a Super Target, Publix and all sorts of restaurants within 5 minutes. And the mall is only 5 miles up the road on 19.

Oh and I avoid the Ren Fest like the plague. My ex shoved all that stuff down my throat and dragged me kicking and screaming to the Fest over the 5 or 6 years I was with him so I've had more than my fill. Plus now he "volunteer" works at the Fest now so I don't go as I never want to see his face again (he was an abusive jerk).

*ahem*

Sorry. Didn't mean to ramble.

But the Gasparilla pirate thingy is really cool.

Comment

I had a home in Metrowest when it was really nice over there. It was miserable trying to sell it because the surrounding area has become so bad. You may want to look in Winter Park itself. It is a very quaint town, full of beautiful shops, right near I-4 which takes you right to Disney. If you like more hills and valleys, you may want to look at Clermont, up near State Road 50...puts you 25 mintues to Disney, there are some beautiful areas there and everything is new. Weikva is very nice as is Sable Point, but hard to find houses. Most people there have been there forever. Sable Point is upscale price wise, Weikva I would say Upper Middle Class....just don't buy anything until you live in the area for at least a year. We almost bought before we came here and would have wound up miserable in the area we picked, so I would suggest rent, until you know where you really want to be.
                  Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                  www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                  Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                  Favorite Sites for latest news:
                  WDWNewToday.com
                  WaltDisneyBoards.com
                  DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                    I had a home in Metrowest when it was really nice over there. It was miserable trying to sell it because the surrounding area has become so bad. You may want to look in Winter Park itself. It is a very quaint town, full of beautiful shops, right near I-4 which takes you right to Disney. If you like more hills and valleys, you may want to look at Clermont, up near State Road 50...puts you 25 mintues to Disney, there are some beautiful areas there and everything is new. Weikva is very nice as is Sable Point, but hard to find houses. Most people there have been there forever. Sable Point is upscale price wise, Weikva I would say Upper Middle Class....just don't buy anything until you live in the area for at least a year. We almost bought before we came here and would have wound up miserable in the area we picked, so I would suggest rent, until you know where you really want to be.
                    Thats what I'm going to do is rent for a year or two until I figure out where to buy - whether it's FL or CA - I'd love to have a house with a MIL apt so my Dad could move there but that will never happen BUT when I find a home with that MIL apt my older daughter will be moving in there

I'm hoping to do this by the end of summer - I went over expenses last night - it's doable - thats what I'm aiming for at this time
                    Spell Binding Books

Comment

Thats what I'm going to do is rent for a year or two until I figure out where to buy - whether it's FL or CA - I'd love to have a house with a MIL apt so my Dad could move there but that will never happen BUT when I find a home with that MIL apt my older daughter will be moving in there

I'm hoping to do this by the end of summer - I went over expenses last night - it's doable - thats what I'm aiming for at this time
                      Well good look to you, and hope all goes as you plan.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                      WDWNewToday.com
                      WaltDisneyBoards.com
                      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I went in and looked at maps and such for WDW - how in the world does someone see and do everything???? My goodness - I can do DL and DCA in one day (because I know the in's and outs) a weekend would be the whole thing, but WDW???? Just wow I'm overwhelmed just reading about it!!!!!

Now I've been trying to get answers to some ads for houses - I need to know about Oveida.....altamonte springs.....Lake Mary.....Baldwin Park.....Apopka

Any help would be great!
                        Spell Binding Books

Comment

I went in and looked at maps and such for WDW - how in the world does someone see and do everything???? My goodness - I can do DL and DCA in one day (because I know the in's and outs) a weekend would be the whole thing, but WDW???? Just wow I'm overwhelmed just reading about it!!!!!

Now I've been trying to get answers to some ads for houses - I need to know about Oveida.....altamonte springs.....Lake Mary.....Baldwin Park.....Apopka

Any help would be great!
                          NO Apopka, Oveida...fair....Altamonte Springs...nice...Lake Mary...very nice, a little far from where you want to be...Baldwin Park...I would say no...

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                          WDWNewToday.com
                          WaltDisneyBoards.com
                          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Oviedo - Nice area, on the east side, traffic is a little heavy, not too much to do 'in town' but easy access to other areas

Altamonte Springs - Depends on where you are in Altamonte. There are really nice areas and areas you don't want to be in.

Lake Mary - Nice area, a little bit far, but it's easy to access I-4 to get to Disney (or the 417 if you want to take the long way)

Baldwin Park - The houses are gorgeous in some spots, plenty to do, nice town center, easy access points to the 408 (which takes you to I-4 or the 417) and to downtown. Still overpriced in general, though.

Apopka - I'd take one of the other areas over this one.

Comment

You will absolutely LOVE WDW and yes it is overwhelming compared to DL, but in a good way.

As a Socal gal living in NM, I would think your biggest living adjustment will be the hot, humid weather!
                              Good lord, every time I go to FL I feel like I'm melting. :lol:
                              It is VERY different than the dry air you are accustomed to here.

Not trying to rain on your parade, so I wish you the best of luck in your move and new adventure.

*There is a tiny bit of me that is secretly jealous . . .
                              ~~Jodi~~
                              Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Any help would be great!
                                If your going to rent, do you want a house or apartment complex...would be much easier if we had a rough idea price wise where your at per month?? If you would like, send me a PM with your name and address and I will be happy to send you off an apartment guide...at least you'll have something to look at...and then see where you are. There all current, usually will have floor plans and rates.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                WDWNewToday.com
                                WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Any help would be great!
                                  If your going to rent, do you want a house or apartment complex...would be much easier if we had a rough idea price wise where your at per month?? If you would like, send me a PM with your name and address and I will be happy to send you off an apartment guide...at least you'll have something to look at...and then see where you are. There all current, usually will have floor plans and rates.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                  WDWNewToday.com
                                  WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                  DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Any help would be great!

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                    WDWNewToday.com
                                    WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Working...
                                    X