This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you stalk the dream team?

I've heard people talk about this in other threads....but, I've always thought it was weird. Why would you waste time stalking them? I would feel completely stupid following them around and even more so, standing around waiting for them to give me something. Am I the only one who thinks this? I just think it's a waste of a perfectly good day at the parks and a sad plea to "win" something. It doesn't really seem like winning if you're following them around to get it. Takes the fun out of it.

I mean, if you don't see a problem with it, and do it yourself.....more power to you. I just wouldn't feel right doing it. But, then....some people out there don't like me trying on that Goofy hat for a pic or mowing people down with my stroller. (last one was a joke people.....I say excuse me THEN mow people down). To each--their own.

What do you think?

Re: Do you stalk the dream team?

I actually wish they weren't recognizable with unique costumes like they have. Then it would be more surprising to win something. I see the Dream Team all the time and never follow them even though I know if I did I could "win" something. Like Stitchy, I think it takes the fun out of it. So, I just do my thing and hope someone surprises me one of these days.
    -Tim

Comment

You can never have enough Mouse ears! LOL

Comment

I've seen them and have kept an eye on them to see if they're going to "strike", but I've never followed them. I did see them handing out ears last summer at Downtown Disney and ran over to score the last pair. So now I can't say I didn't "win" anything. :lol:

Comment

you didn't push people out of the way did you , Aimster?

Comment

no, I did see them walk out of an area once with vests on. We were resting on a bench. When we got up to walk to the bread factory they were on the bridge. when we walked by we got fastpasses, but I don't think that was stalking. It's not like we shadowed them....

Comment

i dont stalk them, but anytime i see them, ill go up to them and trade a pin to see if they are giving anything out at the moment, but if they dont give me a dream prize then i just walk away as if i only wanted to trade a pin....

Comment

Being that the last time I saw them was going to be the only time I saw them, I did walk up to them. If I was in the position that I was able to go to the parks a lot and see them a lot I probably wouldn't charge after them every time I saw them.
                sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                A Photographed Life
                12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                  you didn't push people out of the way did you , Aimster?
                  LOL! No I didn't.

Comment

This reminds me of my last visit to Disneyland. My friend and I were on our way out of the park when a surveyor stopped and asked us our opinion of the day. He had his little touch screen laptop thing and started asking questions. Mind you, this was before The Year(s) of a Million Dreams. But, about 15 people stopped as we were doing the survey, butted in and were like, "what are you giving away?" The cast member said it was a survey and they were all like, "Meh - let's go". It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've been asked maybe 15-20 times to do a survey while in the parks and I always happily oblige. But, I've never won anything from the Dream Team. But, I'm perfectly cool with that.
                    -Tim

Comment

I don't stalk them, but if I happen to be sitting/standing somewhere I will watch to see where they might be going. LOL I've never followed them though, I agree it would be a waste of my day.

I'm also a firm believer that if it is meant to happen, it will so I try to leave them to their jobs.

Comment

I follow them home. Is that odd?
                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                          Why would you waste time stalking them?

What do you think?
                          Why not stalk them? Isn't that what they do to guests?

In all fairness, I do not stalk them. Nor do I care to.

Comment

If I was a Dream Squad Cast Member and I noticed someone following me I would not want to award their behavior with a dream!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

FYI, "Stalking" is against the rules of the contest, and Dream Team members are required to report stalking behavior, especially if they see the same person multiple times. It can get you to become "ineligible" in the contest, and in extreme cases, kicked out of the park.

So yes, you can keep an eye out for them, and look for White Vests while walking around.

But you are not supposed to follow a "non-white vest" member as they do Guest Relations work waiting until they get the assignment to go place their White Vest on to hand out prizes.

So, being observant and paying attention is Good, Stalking CM's is BAD.
                              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I don't stalk them. Just not that interested in it, not to say that I wouldn't be happy if I happened to win something. But other people go crazy over the stuff. One time this huge family, adults and all, bolt out of the Pinocchio (dl) line to run over to Snow White and "win" dream fastpasses.

Comment

I only stalk Disney mid-level managers ...sorry.

Comment

Sorry but I do all of my stalking online. If the Dream Squad joins Facebook, then I'll consider stalking them.

Comment

Working...
                                    X