Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

Originally posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    Lol Ive been hearing it a few times a month for the past 11 years, so it wasnt voluntary. I recently purchased a behind the scenes looks at the WDW mansion and it came with a transcript of it, including Leotas spiel, so now I know her spiel, too.

Do you work there?
    I purchased the same DVD. It's interesting to read the spiel and see the bits of dialogue you miss in the attraction and no I don't work at HM just know some people.

Comment

awwww....I was gonna harrass you with 20 million questions....XD

Poor Tony Baxter. Brilliant, but zero personality...I wish the DVD had shown a few more perspectives and areas of the show, like the area in the ballroom under the balcony with the mannequins..and some of the details. They put so much detail into HM and you never really get to appreciate it because your doombuggy is whizzing by and its pitch black... *sigh*
      Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

Comment

awwww....I was gonna harrass you with 20 million questions....XD

Poor Tony Baxter. Brilliant, but zero personality...I wish the DVD had shown a few more perspectives and areas of the show, like the area in the ballroom under the balcony with the mannequins..and some of the details. They put so much detail into HM and you never really get to appreciate it because your doombuggy is whizzing by and its pitch black... *sigh*
        Hey, just cause I don't work there doesn't mean I don't know anything.

Comment

do you know about any of the dinners or events that they do at the WDW HM every so often and if there are any heading our way?
          Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

Comment

photo credit: www.flickr.com/photos/22986897@N07/

The maniacs destroying WDW (Meg Crofton et. al.) must be run out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post

photo credit: www.flickr.com/photos/22986897@N07/

The maniacs destroying WDW (Meg Crofton et. al.) must be run out of town.
              The show building is clearly visible on the right in this picture, and can also be seen on the left from the queue. This really destroys the illusion of the Haunted Mansion being a real mansion. The current people in charge of the MK are morons. The mainteance has gone way down hill, there is more trash, and who in their right minds would greenlight Stitch's Great Escape, MILF, or Tiki Room Under New Management?

Comment

That's a pretty extreme angle to make your point. That's coming out of the exit, looking back, and being all the way to the side. Not very representative of what the normal guest sees.

Should be better concealed.. I agree. But keeping things in perspective..

Comment

^It can be seen from any number of places. Even across the River:

credit: www.flickr.com/photos/25072976@N03/

I disagree with your point about what the normal guest sees. Who's to say what the 45,000 pairs of eyes that visit the park every day see or don't see - all we know is the vast majority of people don't post their thoughts on message boards.

Even if a majority of guest don't notice things like visible show buildings, I don't think it makes it acceptable for management to lower standards of theming and upkeep. What ever happened to Disney taking some pride in creating an illusion and putting out a top quality product.

MK management (and apologists) should be embarrassed.
                  Last edited by RandySavage; 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

do you know about any of the dinners or events that they do at the WDW HM every so often and if there are any heading our way?

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. As far as I know the dinners only happen every once in a while. But with the recent re-opening I wouldn't be suprised if there's something in the works.

Comment

Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
                      I believe the werehouse is where the werewolves live.

Next question ....
                      :lol:... Next question...
                      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                        Keeping it in perspective... its there if you look. I don't think its blatant. The trees do need to be thickened up though.

Too bad in 30+ years they haven't been able to do anything about the rooftops you sit and watch for 60+ seconds while riding the astro orbitor either.
                        I agree. I don't deliberately spoil my trips by seeking out warehouses. Ok they need to tend to it but why spoil your day? I'm sure if enough folk whinge about it they may take noticeAnd I'm certainly not going to apologise for my view (no pun intended). Go to DLRP and take the Panoramagique balloon ride. You'll see all the warehouses/ backstage areas etc.
                        Go to any U K theme park and look at the lack of theme. Alton Towers don't even attempt to hide the warehouses.

Life's too short. Live with it!
                        Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                          I agree. I don't deliberately spoil my trips by seeking out warehouses. Ok they need to tend to it but why spoil your day? I'm sure if enough folk whinge about it they may take noticeAnd I'm certainly not going to apologise for my view (no pun intended). Go to DLRP and take the Panoramagique balloon ride. You'll see all the warehouses/ backstage areas etc.
                          Go to any U K theme park and look at the lack of theme. Alton Towers don't even attempt to hide the warehouses.

Life's too short. Live with it!
                          So just because parks like Alton Towers don't attempt to hide show buildings makes it acceptable for Disney not to hide showbuildings? Sorry, but in my book, I hold Disney to the highest standards in all regards. They set the standards themselves, all I'm asking is for them to live up to the standards they set.
                          A balloon ride takes you high over a park, you expect to see show buidings hundreds of feet up in the air.

Comment

Working...
                          X