Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

    One thing, that really bothers me at the MK is the fact that the Haunted Mansion show building is clearly visible on both sides of the facade. I noticed this last December. Why isn't there anything covering up the show building?

    This is very bad show.

  • #2
    Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

    There used to be, but I think some of the trees have died or thinned out over the years. They do need to do some planting to cover it back up again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

      The thinning of WDW's forrests began with the 3 hurricanes a few years ago. Not only is the show building of the Mansion visible but also, when you take the railroad, or even from the back side of Toontown Fair, you can see into the roadways and warehouse buildings of the backstage area of the MK. It looks horrible, and nothing has been done by management to replant or try to cover up those booboos that effectively kill the magic there.
      Likewise, look at how bad some areas of the property look as well.. Things like the entire area at EPCOT's entrance that burned down... it has not been replanted and look horrible. Same for areas near the Wide World of Sports complex. It's like purposely, management has decided to shrug off shoulders and not care. Very sad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

        Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
        Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?
        I believe the werehouse is where the werewolves live.

        Next question ....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

          Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
          I believe the werehouse is where the werewolves live.

          Next question ....
          :lol:

          I would assume that there is a WAREHOUSE behind the attraction, because it would be better than havng it in front of the attraction....

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

            Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
            I believe the werehouse is where the werewolves live.

            Next question ....
            I just noticed my typo in the thread title and I don't know how to change it. Mods, please change werehouse to warehouse in the thread title please.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

              Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
              One thing, that really bothers me at the MK is the fact that the Haunted Mansion show building is clearly visible on both sides of the facade. I noticed this last December. Why isn't there anything covering up the show building?

              This is very bad show.
              i agree and i have mentioned this before both here and to ad-lib management and even agricultural services.

              The "werehouse" you see behind the facade is actually what you travel through on the ride.

              Im hoping they cover it back up with some shrubbery as HM is one of those attractions where theme is extremely important.....on that note, some new shrubbery and tree coverage would be nice on the railroad too!
              sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!


              Originally posted by TheRockr
              Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
                I believe the werehouse is where the werewolves live.
                :lol:
                [SIGPIC]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  The thinning of WDW's forrests began with the 3 hurricanes a few years ago. Not only is the show building of the Mansion visible but also, when you take the railroad, or even from the back side of Toontown Fair, you can see into the roadways and warehouse buildings of the backstage area of the MK. It looks horrible, and nothing has been done by management to replant or try to cover up those booboos that effectively kill the magic there.
                  Likewise, look at how bad some areas of the property look as well.. Things like the entire area at EPCOT's entrance that burned down... it has not been replanted and look horrible. Same for areas near the Wide World of Sports complex. It's like purposely, management has decided to shrug off shoulders and not care. Very sad.
                  Agreed. But since management has been thinning greenery in the MK itself -- take a look at pics of the MK a decade ago and from Town Square to the Hub to the Fantasyland planters, you'll see how mature trees have been removed and replaced with strip mall twigs and shrubs -- it only stands to reason they aren't going to clean up Mother Nature's own messes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                    Does anyone think the thinning of the greenery has to do with the water conservation? I know there has been a lot of pressure on Disney to be environmentally friendly (that's not bad) and with the fires and drought last year they were on a limited watering schedule. I talked with a cast member last year when I was there for the Flower and Garden show and she was mentioning these points (especially the drought) when I asked about some of the roses. Just a thought.
                    Princess Michele
                    Disney Travel Planner
                    Magical Travel
                    princessmichele@charter.net

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                      Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
                      i agree and i have mentioned this before both here and to ad-lib management and even agricultural services.

                      The "werehouse" you see behind the facade is actually what you travel through on the ride.

                      Im hoping they cover it back up with some shrubbery as HM is one of those attractions where theme is extremely important.....on that note, some new shrubbery and tree coverage would be nice on the railroad too!
                      I was on HM last week and there was a 40-45 year old couple in front of me. We were waiting in line and they were talking about where the ride goes. They were pointing at the facade to the right and wondering where the load track was and where the stretching room was and where the track went in the building, how they fit it all in there, etc.

                      They were bithley unaware of the giant "go away grey" building off to the left. To me, it was in plain sight because I KNOW it's there, and because of the many discussion on "fan" forums I can't help but look for it when I ride.

                      These two people had no idea it was there. They had even spent some time looking at the tombstones and still did not see it. Being an engineer by training and having worked in the construction industry for a number of years, I have a natural desire to find out things work. But I wonder what sort of disservice to myself I have done by doing so. What sort of magic have I (and perhaps others here) ruined for themselves by looking so closely at things. These people in front of me were perfectly happy, and I bit my toungue and perserved the magic for them by saying nothing.


                      -dave
                      Last edited by Phonedave; 03-24-2008, 07:51 AM.
                      "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                      "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                        Keeping it in perspective... its there if you look. I don't think its blatant. The trees do need to be thickened up though.

                        Too bad in 30+ years they haven't been able to do anything about the rooftops you sit and watch for 60+ seconds while riding the astro orbitor either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                          It's been a while since I was at WDW -- pix?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why is there a Werehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                            Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                            Agreed. But since management has been thinning greenery in the MK itself -- take a look at pics of the MK a decade ago and from Town Square to the Hub to the Fantasyland planters, you'll see how mature trees have been removed and replaced with strip mall twigs and shrubs -- it only stands to reason they aren't going to clean up Mother Nature's own messes.
                            The thinning greenery is not exclusive to the MK. EPCOT's World Showcase has been suffering from that as well... Germany has lost the nice big trees out front for smaller ones, and France has also lost the big trees for smaller ones where the portrait painters sit by the edge of the water. Not to add.. even the Flower Festival gardens were nice but skimpy this year.
                            Go figure.

                            Whatever happened to Walt's philosophies "Trees will grow, the place will look much pretty"? Oh, they went out the door, just like costumes go out the door and into our local Publix supermarket due to Castzooming...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why is there a Warehouse behind the Haunted Mansion?

                              :ap: I noticed this, too. If your ever on the WDW Haunted Mansion and are riding down the hallway with the portraits, look at the windows and you can see the outside everytime the lightning strikes. (Yep, even the "warehouse") I know this because I was attempting to take a picture of the all new additions and happen to snap a picture of a window. In the picture you could clearly see bushes,etc. and the white walls of the warehouse.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X