X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mission Space: Orange or Green?

Neither! :sweat:

My first time on the orange side left me with unbearable :yuck: side effects, ruining my whole day. :thumbdown

So the second time 'round, green also gave me the :yuck:. but not quite as bad.

Twice was enough, I'm done, bah-bye! :wave:
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

I didn't even find the orange one to be too intense, so I can't even imagine riding the green version. It would be a waste of time for me. I actually found the two different orange versions to vary a bit in their intensity.

For a really intense ride of this type, try the G-force trainer at the US Astronaut Hall of Fame at the Kennedy Space Center. It made Mission: Space seem like a cake walk.
      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
        Never tried the green. The orange is wicked though. It's even more fun if you've had a couple too many drinks around the world.
        I'm not sure that would be fun for me!
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
          ORANGE!!!
          Orange all the way! During the Mice Chat invasion of 2006, Jimmie and I rode it no less than 5 times, and it remains our favorite. I was about to turn 57 at the time, and Jimmie is six years older. Neither of us experienced any problem whatsoever, nor did we feel any sensation of spinning. But we did as we were told, keeping our head back and facing forward.

Since it's best not to ride it on an empty stomach, I'd always stop by Club Cool and down a couple cups of Beverly first.

BTW, Orange is my favorite color. Always has been.
          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
          sigpic

Comment

Orange! Didn't get sick. I didn't think it was that bad at all.

Comment

Having massive ear infections my whole life--balance and spinning has always been at issue for me. When I was there in the summer of 2003, M:S hadn't opened fully and was still in testing. So my partner and a colleague rode, but since I had read the ride description--I knew it was out. I waited on line with them until the actual ride. When I asked to be excused, the cm stated with a sigh, "Oh thank GOD."

She walked me to the exit and explained how no one refuses and, well, as she opened the exit, there was a woman on a stretcher with oxygen.

I waited at the exit and when hubbie got off the ride, he was so green he had to sit and have water for a smidge.

It wasn't until I was able to go back in 2007 that the "Green" option was available. It was fine for me. Just enough to see what I was missing.

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Green for me. Used to ride orange all the time, but last time, both hubby and I got a headache - so we decided to lay off the spinnies for a while. Of course, next weekend, we did the teacups - so maybe it was just a bad day!

Comment

Orange, no question. I get dizzy on rides with a lot of spinning, but I followed the rules -- look straight ahead, don't close your eyes. Result: I didn't feel like I was spinning, I just felt those awesome G-forces pressing me down. Fantastic ride. I will never do the green team again. The green team is way too mild, but the orange team is my favorite ride at Epcot. You gotta feel those G-forces.
                  Mind you, if you are very prone to motion sickness, maybe green is for you...

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    I never tried the Orange because I wasn't willing to risk feeling sick. Green was very cool.
                    I agree completely. My girls absolutely adore the attraction on the green side, my youngest is prone to ear infections so I never recommended the orange, we've always been happy with green.

I personally like playing with the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post

I personally like playing with the buttons.
                      Do you make funny voices and pretend like you're getting things ready for liftoff too?

Comment

Originally posted by SkittleKicks View Post
                        Do you make funny voices and pretend like you're getting things ready for liftoff too?
                        *giggles* Maybe...

Anyone remember that movie Space Camp? When I was a kid, I took the dining room chairs and laid the back to the floor and then using crates I would build a tower over it and I would pretend I'm taking off into space or I was at Space Camp!

Mission: Space is just a glorified dining room chair with actual buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by SkittleKicks View Post
                          I always like telling strangers that they ruined our mission.)

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                            When I was a kid, I took the dining room chairs and laid the back to the floor and then using crates I would build a tower over it and I would pretend I'm taking off into space or I was at Space Camp!

Mission: Space is just a glorified dining room chair with actual buttons.
                            lol Summer, I used to do the same thing in my backyard! We also used to go to the playground and place "space shuttle" by curling up inside of the tubes that you crawl through.

The last time I was at Epcot, Mission: Space was still in spin only mode and I had no problem with it. A couple of my friends didn't come off looking too good though.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                              lol Summer, I used to do the same thing in my backyard! We also used to go to the playground and place "space shuttle" by curling up inside of the tubes that you crawl through.
                              Yes! And the little holes were actually space shuttle windows that looked out over Earth.

*ahem* Sorry, back on topic. I won't go on the orange side, I'm kinda too scared too. LOL

Comment

Orange for me! Riding the green side is like eating a BLT without the B, L, or T.

I do miss the single rider line, though. *sniff*
                                Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                                www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                                www.myspace.com/barryhom
                                www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

I went a few years back when it was all spin. Although I'd heard all sorts of things about it, and was sort of worried, I thought it was a great experience and enjoyed myself immensely. I poked around the inevitable gift shop at the exit with my girlfriend and decided to move on.

And managed to make it 2/3 of the way back to the central plaza before the aftereffects hit and I had to sit down on a convenient bench. I'd put my feet down and they'd end up about two inches to the side of where I'd intended.

Mission Space is a great experience, somewhat educational, and unique....but not to be underestimated. Without having experienced the vanilla version, I'd still advocate the full-strength experience. But maybe once per vacation.

When I make it out there again, I might try a run at the decaf once or twice for practice, and maybe afterwards to mellow out......but I wouldn't feel like I'd "done" Epcot without doing Mission Space: Hardcore again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                                    Orange for me! Riding the green side is like eating a BLT without the B, L, or T.

I do miss the single rider line, though. *sniff*
                                    I did green for the first time last two weeks ago. I have allways been Orange, or before that just the regular ride. But someone was running a mice chat scavenger hunt, and in the interest of saving time, I took the green side. I will admit it was very hard to say "green" to the CM when they asked me.

My kids (6 and 9) ride orange all the time. They were riding since they were tall enough. We lean over and mess with each others controlls during the flight. I guess we are just lucky that none of us have any sort of problems with motion sickness.

-dave
                                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Orange. I honestly can't tell that we're supposedly spinning on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                      X