X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WDW vs. DLR

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Oh Please, Don't remind me, I went in April of 2001. I'll always remember my parents telling me "This park is not very good", lol. Yes I remember seeing "Steps in Time" and "Eureka", oh god, how horrible. And the infamous "Supersatar Limo", I can't believe I went on that ride twice the first time, I guess I wanted to make sure the atrocity that I saw the first time wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me. There was still no Electrical Parade, Millionaire Show, Monsters Inc, Tower of Terror, One Man's Dream, Fun Fair, Power of Blast. It was also the first and last time I saw Seasons of the Vine. Oh, god, it it hurts to think about that rough spot of a year.

Remember the Joan Rivers puppet from SuperstarLimo?

:::shudders:::

I do.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post

I do.
      The Whoopie one at the end was no prize either.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
        The Whoopie one at the end was no prize either.
        Stop it, guys, you're scaring me...

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
          Stop it, guys, you're scaring me...
          WDI started it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

What most people said for Disneyland, but Disneyworld wins for the People Mover they have there rockets high in the air and not causing problems and Disneyworld has way more E ticket rides to put it simply.

Comment

You simply can't compare WDW to DL. It's not a fair comparison. It's like comparing a lake to an ocean.

You can compare the MK to DL ... and the Anaheim park just blows away its Florida relative in quality, quantity and show.

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post
                What most people said for Disneyland, but Disneyworld wins for the People Mover they have there rockets high in the air and not causing problems and Disneyworld has way more E ticket rides to put it simply.
                DL has better quality E-Tickets IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                  DL has better quality E-Tickets IMO.
                  So does WDW.
                  Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I do.
                    Oh man, what were the imagineers on?
                    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Often the dislike about DCA is a representation of the locals dislike of how the company has been handling a great many things and DCA, though it has a shining star here or there, was proof that management did not know what they were doing. And going to DCA now is a much better experience than if you did when it first opened in 2001.

Imagine a DCA without a Pixar Parade. Imagine DCA without Tower of Terror. Imagine DCA without the Electrical Parade. Imagine DCA without Monsters Inc, but another dark ride that did so much to bore and frighten you at the same time (superstar limo). Imagine a DCA without Flik's Fun Fair, as bad as it is, it wasn't even there to open the park. Imagine a park with FOUR more restaurant locations than they have now (Soap Opera Bistro became Playhouse Disney, Maliburritos is becoming Toy Story Midway Mania, two other locations remain shuttered). Imagine a DCA without a good show in its premiere theater.

And now imagine going to Disneyland and learning all of the rules of what made it so special, and throw it all out the window. You were no longer contained in this park because all of the surrounding hotels and convention centers are completely visible from within.

And to top it off, you were paying the exact same price for DCA as it cost to go to Disneyland. (DCA opened with 3 E-Tickets that was Soarin, Grizzly, and Screamin, and 1 D-Ticket dark ride that closed within a year. Disneyland has 3 E-Tickets on its east side alone... with more than double that on the west side).
                      I sort of understand why people are down on DCA, but as I said, I rather enjoyed it. We didn't see the parade (the day we were there was one of the days that the parade had been canceled) and didn't do ToT, nor any of the shows. Maybe I have some stuff to look forward to! It seems they could use another restaurant inside the park, but it wasn't too much of an issue for us, since we were staying at the Grand Californian and could go there or just go outside the park to Downtown Disney. Plus, we had a Park Hopper so we didn't feel like we were paying for only DCA...that might make it a bit different, if mostly mentally...

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                        Oh ok. You know, on this chat, it helps to state specifically what you're referring to. DLR is not the same thing as DL; unless you specify, people might get the wrong idea.
                        Yeah, I probably forgot to type the "R" after "DL". Sorry. Most of the time when we talk about a visit to the California theme parks with our neighbors or friends, we just say "Disneyland" and they know that we're talking about the whole place. I forget to be specific sometimes.

(To me, the California resort will always be "Disneyland" and the Florida resort will always be "DisneyWorld". When I was in HS and went to WDW for the first time (with the HS band), there was only a Magic Kingdom. But it was still Disney World...)

Comment

Us locals never say " Let's go to the DLR". We always say "Let's go to Disneyland" and it is assumed that DCA and DTD may be a part of all of that.
                          Oh, and by the way, we NEVER say "Let's go to Disney". That's the same thing as calling San Francisco, Frisco. You just don't say it like that to the locals.

Comment

Working...
                          X