Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train Tour?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Train Tour?

    Hi everyone. We're not looking at another WDW vaca until next Sept. But, I'm hoping to nail down some details this month with everyone that's going. Hoping you can help me out with this.


    I read somewhere that MK gives tours involving their trains. Have any of you been on it? What does it include/involve? Is it worth the cost? Does anyone know what the cost is? How long does it take?

    I'm hoping to take my mother and daughter to the Grand Floridian for tea one afternoon. I was looking for something to occupy hubby and my Dad....when this popped into my head. My father's favorite ride in the whole park is the train. he could sit on that thing allllll day. Any other suggestions you have besides the train tour is appreciated. I'm sure they would both be happy going somewhere for ice cream and people watching. So, any good spots for that?


    Thanks everyone!!!




  • #2
    Re: Train Tour?

    The tour is the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour.

    I believe it is around $40, with park admission required. Definitely worth the price.

    The tour starts at 7:00 AM before the park opens and ends around 10:00 AM.

    The tour includes, but is not limited to, a trip back to the roundhouse (I was not allowed to walk around but in the Disneyland Forum another member said he was once) and watching one of the trains get ready for the day. There's a lot of great information too.


    Since your father loves trains, be sure he checks out the Carolwood Room, formerly the Iron Spike Room, at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I believe, the third Thursday of every month there is a speaker there during the evening, I want to say around 8:00 PM. It is nothing elaborate, just a neat place to go sit and relax.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Train Tour?

      Have they ever been to the Beach Club Resort? There is a restaurant there called Beaches and Cream that sells food, as well as ice cream. They have a lot of ice cream concoctions. One of their concoctions is the Kitchen Sink. It is a challenge to try and finish it.
      BarbaraAnn

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Train Tour?

        Since your father loves trains, be sure he checks out the Carolwood Room, formerly the Iron Spike Room, at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I believe, the third Thursday of every month there is a speaker there during the evening, I want to say around 8:00 PM. It is nothing elaborate, just a neat place to go sit and relax.
        thanks!!! I think he'd like this. My father is BIG on just sitting and relaxing....he doesn't get to do that much. I think he'd like to check this out.


        Have they ever been to the Beach Club Resort? There is a restaurant there called Beaches and Cream that sells food, as well as ice cream. They have a lot of ice cream concoctions. One of their concoctions is the Kitchen Sink. It is a challenge to try and finish it.
        ooo, thanks, BA. That sounds right up his alley. He LOVES ice cream. My only fear is....my husband will get that kitchen sink. AND eat it all......AND be sick the rest of the day!!! Haha. But, I think they'd enjoy it.



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Train Tour?

          If he eats the Kitchen Sink (which is HUGE) alone and does so in an hour, he gets it for free.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Train Tour?

            Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
            Hi everyone. We're not looking at another WDW vaca until next Sept. But, I'm hoping to nail down some details this month with everyone that's going. Hoping you can help me out with this.


            I read somewhere that MK gives tours involving their trains. Have any of you been on it? What does it include/involve? Is it worth the cost? Does anyone know what the cost is? How long does it take?

            I'm hoping to take my mother and daughter to the Grand Floridian for tea one afternoon. I was looking for something to occupy hubby and my Dad....when this popped into my head. My father's favorite ride in the whole park is the train. he could sit on that thing allllll day. Any other suggestions you have besides the train tour is appreciated. I'm sure they would both be happy going somewhere for ice cream and people watching. So, any good spots for that?


            Thanks everyone!!!
            I did the tour a few years back with my family. We loved it! I think it is worth the money for this tour. It's a treat to be in the park before opening. They gave us each a train tour collectors pin.

            If you have a Disney Visa card you may get discount.

            Tour information below:


            (7:30 am - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays - 3 Hours)
            Cost: $40 USD per personWalt Disney WorldMagic Kingdom
            Denise
            www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

            Be careful of imitators. Only book with
            Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
            denise@magicaltravel.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Train Tour?

              Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              Since your father loves trains, be sure he checks out the Carolwood Room, formerly the Iron Spike Room, at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I believe, the third Thursday of every month there is a speaker there during the evening, I want to say around 8:00 PM. It is nothing elaborate, just a neat place to go sit and relax.
              I don't know about the speaker. Do they talk about trains? I happened upon the room while staying at the WL not the villas and thought it was really interesting. It is a neat place to sit and relax I agree.
              Denise
              www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

              Be careful of imitators. Only book with
              Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
              denise@magicaltravel.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Train Tour?

                Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                If he eats the Kitchen Sink (which is HUGE) alone and does so in an hour, he gets it for free.

                he does NOT need this challenge!!! He would SOOO go for it. My husband can eat. I am convinced he has a bottomless stomach.



                Denise--thanks SOOO much for that info. I really think it's something my dad would like. I'm going to mention it to him and see what he thinks. It sounds like fun.....and it'd be something great for the guys to do.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Train Tour?

                  Originally posted by Denise View Post
                  If you have a Disney Visa card you may get discount.

                  As of last Thanksgiving they where offering discounts on all the tours when you put it on your Disney Visa, I got a nice one on the Segway tour at Epcot. We also got a discount at the BBB in world of Disney which at those prices made a big difference. Basically the discount is around the same as it was with the old Magic Kingdom club at DTD stores. (man I feel old now...)
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Train Tour?

                    ooo, thanks for letting me know about the discount guys. We DO have a card....so, if they decide to do this...that'll come in handy.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Train Tour?

                      Originally posted by Denise View Post
                      I don't know about the speaker. Do they talk about trains? I happened upon the room while staying at the WL not the villas and thought it was really interesting. It is a neat place to sit and relax I agree.
                      The talk about trains, but I guess mostly relates to Disney connections. I have never been, but it is also only that one day a month. The room is at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, but there is no hard border that separates it from the rest of the resort.

                      Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                      he does NOT need this challenge!!! He would SOOO go for it. My husband can eat. I am convinced he has a bottomless stomach.
                      I tried a couple of weeks ago, what I did not consider was how cold I would get trying to eat the thing. It would be fun thing to do as a family, it's like $23 and you must pay if there is more than one person, as a bit of a deal is made about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Train Tour?



                        The ingredients in the kitchen sink are up to you. If you don't like certain things, they can leave them out. Keep in mind, that they put an entire can of whipped cream on the top. It was yummy! I helped to eat one, and we got it down to a soupy mess at the end.

                        I don't remember a "Eat it all - Money Back quarantee" We did this in 2006.
                        BarbaraAnn

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Train Tour?

                          thanks SOOO much for the picture, BA. When I told hubby, his first question was "how big is it?" I just showed him the picture, and he thinks he could eat about 3/4.......but, he'd probably be sick the rest of the day! I think it'd be a great thing for my dad and him to do. My father is fanatical about ice cream. I think he'd get a good laugh when they brought it to the table!



                          LazyBoy----you HAVE to pm me if you EVER beat the challenge. I MUST know!!!


                          thanks again, guys!!!



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Train Tour?

                            That looks really good!
                            I can't wait to take this tour!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...


                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Train Tour?

                              Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              I don't remember a "Eat it all - Money Back quarantee" We did this in 2006.
                              The offer is only if you do it solo.

                              Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                              LazyBoy----you HAVE to pm me if you EVER beat the challenge. I MUST know!!!!
                              I think I will shout to the world if I do. Now that I know what I am getting into, I think I can do it the next time I head down. Apparently the record is 9 minutes. Yuck.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X