Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finger readers being removed from MK?

sooo...what happens if it gets torn up? Will they replace it...or do you have to pay to replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
      sooo...what happens if it gets torn up? Will they replace it...or do you have to pay to replace it?
      Torn, lost, wet, unreadable...they replace it with a new one. The only reason it's ever a PITA is when you're stuck at the turnstiles and are made to wait for them to exchange it.

One time my youngest got through, she was 4 at the time and wanted to run off and I was told I had to stand there and wait. That made for an interesting situation I can tell you. LOL

Comment

I really do like the idea that replacing the pass is free. I've yet to lose a pass, but it is nice to know. I would bet that plastic passes, despite the high cost of an Annual Pass, would have a replacement fee. Photos would also mean that there would have to be processing centers instead of being able to go to any ticket window or Guest Relations.

I just wish renewal did not require having to get a separate pass, it'd be great if the one I have would just continue to work.

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
        The only reason it's ever a PITA is when you're stuck at the turnstiles and are made to wait for them to exchange it.
        I was actually very impressed that the pass is replaced right then and there at the turnstiles. I was afraid I'd be sent to a ticket window, and I was at the Magic Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          I was actually very impressed that the pass is replaced right then and there at the turnstiles. I was afraid I'd be sent to a ticket window, and I was at the Magic Kingdom.
          Oh I agree the convenience is great, having my daughter be on the other side of the turnstiles and me not being able to stop her from running off, not so great. Luckily she didn't move though. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ex-wdi View Post
            That means he probably doesn't enter through the front gates usually...
            maybe not for work, but im there just about every other day....

it didnt seem to me that this removal was completely confirmed, despite the fact that they may be running a test program. as i said before, dont be suprised if they stay...
            sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
            Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              I agree. Even the voucher you buy at the Disney Store is plastic. Boggles the mind. Even the FunCards from Busch Gardens/Sea World have your photo on them. Well at least the one I had for a couple years did but that was in like 2000/2001 so it might have changed since then.
              It did, no more photo...paper ticket....sigh...
              My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I'm surprised the WDW APs aren't on hard plastic or have photos too. The AP I have for Kennedy Space Center has a picture on hard plastic. But I have no problem with the finger scans either.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                  I'm surprised the WDW APs aren't on hard plastic or have photos too. The AP I have for Kennedy Space Center has a picture on hard plastic. But I have no problem with the finger scans either.
                  I like the way Disneyland does the annual passes - and the ticket system is quicker there too.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    I like the way Disneyland does the annual passes - and the ticket system is quicker there too.
                    How does DLs work? Last time I went to DL i used unused days on my WDW hopper pass, so it wasn't a quick entry.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

My experience at DL was that they had about four turnstiles open in the morning, so the queues were outrageously long. The same thing happened three days in a row at both DL and DCA. It was very odd to me being used to WDW.
                      -Tim

Comment

Just an update to this...the finger readers are still at the MK. I just got home from there today and they were all in full effect. Nothing has been removed.
                        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                          Just an update to this...the finger readers are still at the MK. I just got home from there today and they were all in full effect. Nothing has been removed.
                          I forgot about this thread! I can confirm as well, I went last Sunday and had to use the finger reader myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X