X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Fuji Rumor is Back

http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/04/03...-mill/#respond

The Mt Fuji bobsled ride in Japan at WS is again being rumored. I am not a proponent of thrill rides in WS. They could the Rhine River deal at Germany or the gondola ride in Italy. I would love dark rides on a country's history, but Maelstrom is a thrilling as it it should get.

what say you?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Re: Mt Fuji Rumor is Back

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/04/03...-mill/#respond

The Mt Fuji bobsled ride in Japan at WS is again being rumored. I am not a proponent of thrill rides in WS. They could the Rhine River deal at Germany or the gondola ride in Italy. I would love dark rides on a country's history, but Maelstrom is a thrilling as it it should get.

what say you?
    agreed....id like to see a ride like that, just not at the WS....a dark ride would be awesome because the norway film isnt cutting it for me
    sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
      agreed....id like to see a ride like that, just not at the WS....a dark ride would be awesome because the norway film isnt cutting it for me
      I don't mind the Maelstrom. I would have preferred a scene or two more of Vikings for sure. Maybe a history scene of two as well. Its too short, but its the kind of attraction I like at WS cultural and fun. Except for that horrible film
      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm growing tired of the roller coaster on a mountain rides. I think Fuji may have once been a great addition to the parks, but we already have BTMR and Everest, we don't need another ride a coaster through a mountain. I'd like to see a big E ticket or two good C tickets in World Showcase, I just don't think this is the right thing.

Comment

Will Godzilla be in the mountain? lol
          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I personally would prefer to not have thrill rides in WS.
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

Comment

you're probably right Denise. One of the great things about WS right now is how relaxing it is. I can imagine that hearing people scream on Mt. Fuji and the coaster roar by could detract from that feeling of peace and serenity that WS has. I wouldn't mind a mild river raft ride in Canada however but I think I'd much rather see that Germany river ride come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                I'm growing tired of the roller coaster on a mountain rides. I think Fuji may have once been a great addition to the parks, but we already have BTMR and Everest, we don't need another ride a coaster through a mountain. I'd like to see a big E ticket or two good C tickets in World Showcase, I just don't think this is the right thing.
                tired? theres 2?
                Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                  absolutely
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I really like Maelsrom, I defiantly think more things like that would be great. I would hope, though, that they keep in line with the country and not too heavy on Characters. (Like Mexico's El Rio del Donald) I just think that WS attractions need to be about the culture and an E ticket may take away from the quiet enjoyment there...
                    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                      what about the giant ants.....or Mothra......

I personally would prefer to not have thrill rides in WS.

I'm with you. WS is SOOO relaxing, it's a take it easy kinda place. I've come to LOVE that. Why ruin it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                        what about the giant ants.....or Mothra......

or that turtle that spins, gamera or something like that

of maybe the Smog Monster
                        www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda of the attitude of no thrill rides--but something should be installed.

And isn't, forgive me if I'm wrong, Mt. Fuji of profound religious signifance in Shinto? Wouldn't it be an insult to have it presented in such a manner as a 'thrill ride' with bobsled on a mountain that doesn't even have a bobsled run?

I do think something with Godzilla would be a hoot, tho.

Peace,
                          Roo
                          husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                            or that turtle that spins, gamera or something like that

of maybe the Smog Monster
                            oh yes. And the best part? The Imagineers won't have to worry about the animatronics' mouths being in sync with the words!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                              I'm kinda of the attitude of no thrill rides--but something should be installed.

And isn't, forgive me if I'm wrong, Mt. Fuji of profound religious signifance in Shinto? Wouldn't it be an insult to have it presented in such a manner as a 'thrill ride' with bobsled on a mountain that doesn't even have a bobsled run?

I do think something with Godzilla would be a hoot, tho.

Peace,
                              Roo
                              I'm wondering that as well
                              My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I'm still waiting for Mr. Toad to come to Britain first.
                                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

THAT would be MEGA cool!!!!!

Comment

If it wouldn't look so odd, I'd love to see an Alpine mountain rise up from the France Pavilion to hide that postmodern eyesore.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a nice relaxing mountain ride! Thrills are fun but I don't think they should be doing that to World Showcase.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

youknow I wouldn't mind either way

the world showcase could deffinatly do with one or two more actual rides in my book and since most Disney rides are pretty moderate for thrills I really wouldn't mind at all

right now there seems to be kinda a slump in rides there and it feels like Maelstrom and Grand Fiesta have above average crowds mostly because they're the only real rides on the showcase which is kinda a shame as it seems like they could do a thing or two with the local culture or superstitions or folklore in each area or maybe even cover some sort of exciting historical events (rides as entertainment should be more action then pure edutainment in my book but I do enjoy the layers they add on to these things)

Maelstrom has alot of interesting parts but it's overall too short and yeah I agree with those who say it should have more to do with the vikings or other interesting things that just seem skimmed over

Grand Fiesta's origional incarnation was pretty meh in my book and the minor (well in some ways it's overwhelming but technologically speaking it's pretty minor) alternations to it really livened up the energy and is one case were I don't mind the more classic kinda characters and they don't feel too out of place (though I probably don't want them setting a bad example for other showcases to follow)

Personally I think the World Showcase could go for two more REAL rides or maybe even divide it up into four C/D ticket darkrides or something, it could really push epcot into a two day park and would hopefully alleviate some of the blood clot in an artery situation that forms outside of Maelstrom and Grand Fiesta
                                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Working...
                                        X