This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE price increase for rental strollers

Effective April 6, 2008, prices for stroller rentals skyrocket.

A single will rent for $15/day ($13/day with multi-day rental discount), up from $10 ($8 with discount).

A double will rent for ... and no, this isn't a typo ... $31/day ($27 with multi-day rental discount), up from $18 ($16 with discount).

Re: HUGE price increase for rental strollers

good grief!!!! I've NEVER rented a stroller...we always brought one. But, I was at least thinking that if the kiddo doesn't make it walking around next year (she'll be 7) we'd rent one. That's ridiculous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
      Effective April 6, 2008, prices for stroller rentals skyrocket.

A single will rent for $15/day ($13/day with multi-day rental discount), up from $10 ($8 with discount).

A double will rent for ... and no, this isn't a typo ... $31/day ($27 with multi-day rental discount), up from $18 ($16 with discount).
      Wow that is quiet the price increase! I can only imagine that the number of strollers purchased for the around $40 price and then abandoned will increase now. Or is this their way to deal with the LARGE number of strollers present in the parks?
      Last edited by BigPigletFan; 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Wow! We were actually going to rent a double stroller for the first (and only) time next week for my daughter and cousin.
        We thought it would be fun for them to ride together.

I don't think we are going to do that now.

Comment

Did this change at Disneyland too? At least at Disneyland you can still get 2 free stroller rentals a day with your Disney Visa Card!!!

That a really harsh increase!
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
            Wow that is quiet the price increase! I can only imagine that the number of strollers purchased for the around $40 price and then abandoned will increase now. Or is this their way to deal with the LARGE number of strollers present in the parks?
            Not sure if its trying to curb the numbers or just max out profits under the radar. A rental fee increase usually doesn't attract as much attention (or cost as much in new signage) as park tickets do and it's one of those things where if you don't know about it in advance and did not bring your own your rather stuck paying whatever they ask for them...

At those rates though I hope they finally add some soft cushy bumpers on the front to save the backs of my legs!
            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I think this is crazy. I always bring my own.
              Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                Not sure if its trying to curb the numbers or just max out profits under the radar. A rental fee increase usually doesn't attract as much attention (or cost as much in new signage) as park tickets do and it's one of those things where if you don't know about it in advance and did not bring your own your rather stuck paying whatever they ask for them...

At those rates though I hope they finally add some soft cushy bumpers on the front to save the backs of my legs!
                This seems like a curb the numbers increase. If they were trying to maximize profits they would to the increase of a 1 - 2 dollars every six months.

I personally think it has gotten a bit out of hand.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                  This seems like a curb the numbers increase. If they were trying to maximize profits they would to the increase of a 1 - 2 dollars every six months.

I personally think it has gotten a bit out of hand.

While I agree it's out of hand I'm not sure it's a curb the numbers issue. All this will do is encourage more people to bring their own strollers it will do little to nothing to reduce the total number of strollers in the park itself.

Personally I think the bring your own causes its own set of issues, some of the cheap ones get stuck everywhere as lets face it there's a lot of sidewalk gaps and train tracks etc to get caught on which impacts crowd flow. I've noticed that with personal strollers people do not want to part with them and dragging them inside restaurants, taking up space on buses etc. Not to mention the "lets buy a cheap one and toss it when we leave the park" is not very eco friendly.

Comment

its just going to make people bring their own
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

It could still curb the numbers. If people are on the fence about doing a stroller and they are "forced" to bring their own on the plane, bus, car, etc..., they might just forget the stroller all together. So, that would limit the numbers in the park some.

Do you put a deposit on the strollers at all? Or, you pay up front and then it's yours? I'm always amazed at how many strollers are left all over the park or in the parking lots at night. Aren't they supposed to return them up front?

Either way, if people bring their own instead of renting, they at least save some money in cleaning up the stray strollers at night.
                      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                        It could still curb the numbers. If people are on the fence about doing a stroller and they are "forced" to bring their own on the plane, bus, car, etc..., they might just forget the stroller all together. So, that would limit the numbers in the park some.
                        More likely I think we'll see more tired cranky kids being literally dragged around the park but I see you point.

Do you put a deposit on the strollers at all? Or, you pay up front and then it's yours? I'm always amazed at how many strollers are left all over the park or in the parking lots at night. Aren't they supposed to return them up front?
                        It's a one dollar deposit on the singles, possible more for the doubles, it's an incentive to bring it back at the end of the day and paid via a Disney dollar. I think what they should have done is made it a 5$ deposit and kept the rental the same, would have the effect of scaring off the folks on the fence AND would be a bigger incentive to return the stroller at the end of the day rather than abandoning it. Lets face it a dollar just isn't the incentive it used to be...

Either way, if people bring their own instead of renting, they at least save some money in cleaning up the stray strollers at night.
                        If they take them with them and not leave them abandoned as they dash to get to the airport on the last day. I have a feeling we'll see a lot more of the cheap strollers in the lost and found or in the garbage.

If they really want to limit the stroller racers in the park or cut back on the collisions with strollers and people the easiest way would be to cut back on the amount of people you let into the park... Not a popular idea for sure but it would make life for those of us in the park a little nicer in the form of shorter lines, etc.

Comment

More likely I think we'll see more tired cranky kids being literally dragged around the park but I see you point.
                          Personally I do not think that parents should drag their kids around. I think they should be responsive and either go back to the hotel if their kids get tired or find a nice quite area, sit for a while and let the kids recharge their batteries.

I know people want to squeeze every last drop of fun out of their vacation, because it isn't cheap, but I personally think the vacations that are more lesiurly and responsive to the kids energy level are much better.

Just a personal thought.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

It's a one dollar deposit on the singles, possible more for the doubles, it's an incentive to bring it back at the end of the day and paid via a Disney dollar. I think what they should have done is made it a 5$ deposit and kept the rental the same, would have the effect of scaring off the folks on the fence AND would be a bigger incentive to return the stroller at the end of the day rather than abandoning it. Lets face it a dollar just isn't the incentive it used to be...

If they take them with them and not leave them abandoned as they dash to get to the airport on the last day. I have a feeling we'll see a lot more of the cheap strollers in the lost and found or in the garbage.

If they really want to limit the stroller racers in the park or cut back on the collisions with strollers and people the easiest way would be to cut back on the amount of people you let into the park... Not a popular idea for sure but it would make life for those of us in the park a little nicer in the form of shorter lines, etc.
                            You don't have to take deposit back in Disney Dollars, you can ask for real money.

I think the charge is outrageous, just another way for Disney to make more money. Next thing they will do is raise the parking fee to $15.00 a day when in reality, given the cost of admission to the parks, parking should be included. Parking is on Disney property and it is Disney CM's that run it so they are not paying another company for this service, it should be provided free to guests.
                            Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                            www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                            Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                            Favorite Sites for latest news:
                            WDWNewToday.com
                            WaltDisneyBoards.com
                            DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I think they ought to limit the age of the kids in strollers. Working in the parks, I see daily kids that are almost in their teens in strollers still. My brother came down with my nephew when he was 4. We did not get a stroller. When my nephew was too tired, we sat for awhile or went back to the hotel. My nephew did not want to go back to the hotel, so we stayed. By the end of the night though he was tired and slept very well. The next day, another park, he did not get as tired, but another good nights sleep. I think the age limit for any kind of stroller should be 5 and under. If they are over 5, guess what no stroller for you.

Now if we could limit the number of ECV'sin the park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X