This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a baby to the Magic Kingdom

Hi, we're thinking about heading to the Magic Kingdom at the end of this month. My son will be about 8 1/2 months old. Will we be able to ride any rides with him or will we have to utilize baby swap on all of them? This is all new to us so I have no idea what to expect.

Re: Taking a baby to the Magic Kingdom

Usually I don't reccomend people to take their babies to Disneyland or WDW until at least age 2, just because they can be easier and will remember it more. At that young of an age I highly doubt that you will be able to get on many rides. Although I've seen lots of people take their young children on rides in Fantasyland and Toontown.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I took my youngest daughter, who is now 3, to WDW for the first time when she was 4 months old, due to the fact we had plannd a week for my older daughter's birthday. There are many rides that a baby can "lap ride" on. Here is a list of the ones I can think of at the moment....

Haunted Mansion
      POTC
      Jungle Cruise
      Small World
      Peter Pan's Flight
      Snow White's Scary Adventure
      Cinderella's Golden Carousel
      Winnie the Pooh
      Tea Cups
      TTA(People Mover)
      Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
      The Train
      Liberty Belle

You'd be surprised. More than you think....
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

I will add on that list...

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
        Enchanted Tiki Room under new management
        Aladdin's Magic Carpets
        Philharmagic
        Story Time with Belle
        Pooh's Playful Spot
        The Miss Daisey water playground
        Country Bear Jamboree
        The Hall of Presidents

And you could always be like that lady a few years ago, and wear a yellow pancho and sneak your baby on tower of terror!

No DO NOT EVER do that!

Oh have fun and get the baby's hair cut on Main Street! It is soooo cute when they get their haircut and they put a 'hidden' mickey on their head!
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

^ OMG Really? Tell me they caught her before she got on the ride?

Comment

My son was 8 months old the first time he went and it wasn't that bad. He rode a lot of the rides listed above on our laps and he LOVED the parades. Just be sure to have a stroller he can sleep in or plan to go back to the hotel for naps. You will be amazed at how much they take in! All the bright colors and happy faces!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

I took my son when he was 13 1/2 months to WDW and it was great. Just take it slow.
              We took my son on a cruise at 8 1/2 months and that was awesome as well. You know your child and how much they can handle. Keep that in mind, schedule breaks, and you will have no problems.
              Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                ^ OMG Really? Tell me they caught her before she got on the ride?
                Nope. If you want to know the whole story, next time you see me ask.

Comment

Use your best judgment, I for one would not take a baby on any of the e ticket rides or the teacups... anything that whips you around is bad for an infant due to their undeveloped neck muscles etc.

For what its worth we went twice with my daughter when she was in diapers, I don't think we would ever do it again, the whole trip seemed to be a tour of every bathroom in the park more than the park itself...
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                    the whole trip seemed to be a tour of every bathroom in the park more than the park itself...
                    ROFL!

Comment

Use your best judgment, I for one would not take a baby on any of the e ticket rides or the teacups... anything that whips you around is bad for an infant due to their undeveloped neck muscles etc.
                      Don't spin the cup.... And keep the back of their head firmly against your chest. I don't even spin the cup when I'm on it.
                      Originally posted by larasound
                      am I the burrito man?

Comment

For what its worth we went twice with my daughter when she was in diapers, I don't think we would ever do it again, the whole trip seemed to be a tour of every bathroom in the park more than the park itself...
                        I think the important question here is, did you get photos of the bathrooms? Because honestly, there really are no photos of the bathrooms at WDW. :P

Comment

Short story on taking a baby to MK...My Mom came for a visit the summer my Grandson was 13 months old. She wanted to take everyone to MK so off we sent. On the Small World ride, the baby looked up at everything on the ceiling and started to clap his hands. We looked over and the tears were rolling down my Mom's face. She went home to NY and had a massive heart attack and we lost her. My grandson, today is 17 years old, he does not of course have any memory of what happened, but to this day the rest of us will never forget the look on the baby's face and my Mom's reaction. It was so very well worth taking him to the park.
                          Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                          www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                          [email protected]
                          Favorite Sites for latest news:
                          WDWNewToday.com
                          WaltDisneyBoards.com
                          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I can fix it. That happens to me more than I'd like to admit. LOL

Comment

I can fix it. That happens to me more than I'd like to admit. LOL
                              Thank you....must have done something wrong. Appreciate your help. At least now people won't think I'm nuts....:blush:
                              Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                              www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                              [email protected]
                              Favorite Sites for latest news:
                              WDWNewToday.com
                              WaltDisneyBoards.com
                              DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I think the important question here is, did you get photos of the bathrooms? Because honestly, there really are no photos of the bathrooms at WDW. :P

See now ya've gone and done it, expect a whole series of photo's from Nobody's home of the bathrooms reflected in the standing water on the floors and commodes coming soon... )

Comment

See now ya've gone and done it, expect a whole series of photo's from Nobody's home of the bathrooms reflected in the standing water on the floors and commodes coming soon... )
                                  I know I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO creeped out if I was in the bathroom and I heard someone taking pictures. lol

"Larry Craig is that you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                                    Short story on taking a baby to MK...My Mom came for a visit the summer my Grandson was 13 months old. She wanted to take everyone to MK so off we sent. On the Small World ride, the baby looked up at everything on the ceiling and started to clap his hands. We looked over and the tears were rolling down my Mom's face. She went home to NY and had a massive heart attack and we lost her. My grandson, today is 17 years old, he does not of course have any memory of what happened, but to this day the rest of us will never forget the look on the baby's face and my Mom's reaction. It was so very well worth taking him to the park.
                                    That is really sweet thank you for sharing that! I got a bit teary eyed reading that. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                                      I know I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO creeped out if I was in the bathroom and I heard someone taking pictures. lol

"Larry Craig is that you?"
                                      :lol: What's even funnier is after that stalker thread you started I just had a vision of you popping up over the stall taking random shots at the comedy club...

Comment

This makes me feel better about it. I was concerned we'd have to baby swap every single ride. Sounds like maybe we'll take in some things we've never taken time for before like the train, the steamboat, etc... We'll also focus on the slow dark rides. I wasn't sure how he'd react in something like Pirates or Haunted Mansion but he's probably too young to realize they're supposed to be spooky.

Comment

Working...
                                        X