This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW at the Holidays

I'm sure there have been threads about this in the past, but I am going to Disney World this Thanksgiving. I have been to WDW 5 times in the past, but always in the summer. I'm just looking for some advice perhaps where we could have Thanksgiving dinner? I know out here the Disneyland Hotel does their buffet that we sometimes attend, is there any kind of equivilent? Also, when does MVMCP begin? I was hoping to go, but I'm thinking we may be going to early. Any advice would be great because I am extremely excited and I want to make the most of the holiday atmosphere.
    Katie :love:

Re: WDW at the Holidays

Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern is a good idea if you are looking for a traditional meal.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it is "permitted" to post links to other websites. But, a quick Google search brought up [ink removed] information from 2007. I can only assume 2008 will be somewhat the same.

I would definitely book in May on the first day you can. (6 months out).
      Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-09-2008, 06:29 PM. Reason: link removed, sorry!
      -Tim

Comment

Book your dinner as FAR out in advance as possible! This will ensure that you get dinner on Thanksgiving!
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I have done Thanksgiving twice now at WDW, I will warn you its a bit crowded around that time as a lot of schools are out but not quite as bad as say July 4th or between Christmas and New years. Last year we did both breakfast and dinner at the Tusker house in AK last Thanksgiving and it was absolutely fabulous.

Most of the table service restaurants have a special Menu on that day although its not always advertised in advance. You can pretty much count on turkey and stuffing at most of them. Now the bad news, they fill up extra fast on thanksgiving so do plan to make reservations first thing in the morning 180 days in advance to get a seat where you want. If you want to hedge your bets, Liberty Tree Tavern ALWAYS has turkey on the menu no matter what day you go so you might decide to do it a day early or later there if you canot get what you want on turkey day.
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I don't know the exact dates yet of MVMCP this year but is does start before Thanksgiving. It keeps getting earlier each year I think last year there were some dates as early as around the 10th of November if i remember correct.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
              I don't know if it is "permitted" to post links to other websites. But, a quick Google search brought up [ink removed] information from 2007. I can only assume 2008 will be somewhat the same.

I would definitely book in May on the first day you can. (6 months out).
              Hi, the general rule is that you can link to a site unless it's a disney/theme park site that has message boards. And that one did, sorry!

To the OP... just do a web search and you should find the info
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I know I can just search but I prefer to hear from people who have experience. What they liked what the didn't like...its better then just straight info about what is there.

Comment

A lot of the restaurants will offer traditional Thanksgiving dinners. But as some of the posters before, book it 180 days out unless you lilke McDonald's for dinner. Keep in mind, a lot of locals also book the resort restaurants, as park admission is not required, for holiday meals so they book up very fast.

Most of the restaurants for holiday dining will require a credit card guarantee so have your card ready.
                  Last edited by Lindsy1052; 04-10-2008, 05:27 AM. Reason: Additional info
                  Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                  www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                  Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                  Favorite Sites for latest news:
                  WDWNewToday.com
                  WaltDisneyBoards.com
                  DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I have gone the last 4 Dec right before XMAS and I will say the LTT is a nice meal.
                    I also really like Whispering Canyon and Artist Point or Yachtsmen Steakhouse.
                    Kelly

Comment

The dates for MVMCP this year are,

November, 10, 11, 14, 16, 20, 21, 30

December, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 19

If you are going for Thanksgiving you should be there for one of the late november party's.
                      Tickets go on sale on May 1st, we went last year and really enjoyed it

Comment

Thank you for all the help

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X