Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brer Rabbit...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brer Rabbit...

    Can anyone tell me what the name of the first song on Splash Mountain is? The one that plays as you go through before the toss. And....can anyone tell me where I can find it? Anywhere on the internet? Thanks guys!




  • #2
    Re: Brer Rabbit...

    Time to be moving along

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Brer Rabbit...

      Actually, It's "How Do You Do" It's on the Official Albums in the Splash Mountain medley, as well as some instrumentals that appeared on the WDW Forever kiosks.
      It's my favorite song in the attraction.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Brer Rabbit...

        Splash Mountain - How Do You Do (bees) from Disneyland - Critter Country
        http://uabmagic.com/ and it can be requested if you want to hear it there, too.
        sigpic

        Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
        Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

        ~<8O]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Brer Rabbit...

          aw, thanks guys!!! I LOVE Splash Mtn. And was looking for that song to turn into a ring tone, found a ring tone of it though! And thanks for the words, WOK. It's great to finally read everything that rabbit is saying!



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Brer Rabbit...

            lol I used to think when they sang, "Pretty good sure as you're born" they were saying something else that was very inappropriate. I won't post what I thought they were saying, but suffice it to say that once you hear it, it will be the only thing you hear when you ride the ride.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Brer Rabbit...

              :blink:

              1984?

              That song is in the movie Song of the South. I remember Uncle Remus singing it with the animated characters. I think that's when we first meet Brer Rabbit as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Brer Rabbit...

                Originally posted by aimster View Post
                :blink:

                1984?

                That song is in the movie Song of the South. I remember Uncle Remus singing it with the animated characters. I think that's when we first meet Brer Rabbit as well.
                Probably because it is a different recording. The solo is listed as being sung by Thurl Ravenscroft, not James Baskett.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Brer Rabbit...

                  Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  :blink:

                  1984?

                  That song is in the movie Song of the South. I remember Uncle Remus singing it with the animated characters. I think that's when we first meet Brer Rabbit as well.
                  I've been wondering that. I don't think I've ever seen Song of the South...but, I've known the Brer Rabbit story as long as I can remember. I think I used to have a story book with his story.....



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Brer Rabbit...

                    in 1956 there was a Disneyland Record that had the song "How Do you Do" on it

                    http://www.songofthesouth.net/memora...y/wdl4001.html

                    Also the song was written in 1946

                    http://imdb.com/title/tt0038969/soundtrack

                    Personally I think it is important that this movie with the FIRST African American male to be awarded an Acadmey Award should be available for viewing.
                    http://imdb.com/name/nm0059934/bio
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Brer Rabbit...

                      Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                      lol I used to think when they sang, "Pretty good sure as you're born" they were saying something else that was very inappropriate. I won't post what I thought they were saying, but suffice it to say that once you hear it, it will be the only thing you hear when you ride the ride.
                      now you have to PM each and every of one of us so we can know what you meant.
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Brer Rabbit...

                        Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                        now you have to PM each and every of one of us so we can know what you meant.
                        I concur.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Brer Rabbit...

                          Originally posted by SkittleKicks View Post
                          I concur.
                          I will PM you as long as you promise you won't get offended, by a mildly graphic comment.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Brer Rabbit...

                            Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                            I will PM you as long as you promise you won't get offended, by a mildly graphic comment.
                            I read your PM and let me just say

                            )
                            www.jamboeveryone.com
                            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Brer Rabbit...

                              Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                              I read your PM and let me just say

                              )
                              Congrats on the 1,000th POST!
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Brer Rabbit...

                                Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                                I've been wondering that. I don't think I've ever seen Song of the South...but, I've known the Brer Rabbit story as long as I can remember. I think I used to have a story book with his story.....
                                They used to show clips of it on the Disney Channel back in the 80's on shows like Good Morning Mickey and Donald Duck presents. Maybe that's where you remember it from?
                                [SIGPIC]

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Brer Rabbit...

                                  Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                                  lol I used to think when they sang, "Pretty good sure as you're born" they were saying something else that was very inappropriate. I won't post what I thought they were saying, but suffice it to say that once you hear it, it will be the only thing you hear when you ride the ride.

                                  That is pretty funny I used to think they were saying something completely inappropriate too. I still hear the incorrect lyrics everytime I ride.

                                  PM me what you thought it was, I promise I won't be offended, it probably is the same thing I thought it was. :lol: I know a few people who have mis heard it the same as me.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Brer Rabbit...

                                    Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                                    Congrats on the 1,000th POST!
                                    thanks. I didn't even notice it
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Brer Rabbit...

                                      Originally posted by Chickles View Post
                                      They used to show clips of it on the Disney Channel back in the 80's on shows like Good Morning Mickey and Donald Duck presents. Maybe that's where you remember it from?
                                      I don't know. I just can't remember. I am leaning towards it was a book. I was BIG on books when I was little. I always listened to those books that had the record...and when the record was finished with a page, it would ding. You'd turn the page, and the record would "read" that page. I'm wondering if there was a Brer Rabbit one of those...



                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Brer Rabbit...

                                        Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                                        That is pretty funny I used to think they were saying something completely inappropriate too. I still hear the incorrect lyrics everytime I ride.

                                        PM me what you thought it was, I promise I won't be offended, it probably is the same thing I thought it was. :lol: I know a few people who have mis heard it the same as me.
                                        I can't believe we thought it said THE SAME THING!

                                        ROFL!
                                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X