This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Br'er Rabbit Stops the Hops!!

ORWEN: So, anyway ducklings, on April 9th, 2008, us Cauldron girls decided to visit the Magic Kingdom and ride Splash Mountain. We got ourselves a fast pass--

ORGOCH: --seemed more like fast gas ta me--

ORWEN: --before heading over to the attraction. But one thing we all noticed while gliding past a certain scene in our log was that Br'er Rabbit wasn't hop, hop, hopping along like he's supposed to do when you go past that one scene where he hops along side of a wooden fence. Instead, it was like he was just perched there on a pole--like a scarecrow--instead of doing his hopping thing.

ORDDU: Naturally, this got the 3 of us to speculating all over the place as to why?

ORWEN: I mean, that same scene is down more than it's up!!

ORDDU: So we were wondering if this might just be Management's solution to the problem? Could it be they've just decided to NOT let Br'er Rabbit do any more hopping for that particular scene? Or is this just a temporary suspension?

ORWEN: I hope it's not a permanent decision. I like to see Br'er Rabbit hopping along like he's got some place to go. This latest version of him just doesn't look right even if it IS better than just having an empty space to look at, instead.

ORGOCH: I was just thinkin' it'd sure be nice if'n they could git all them big ol' bull frogs off a Tom Sawdust Island ta stop hoppin' 'round some much, too! Sure would make it a lot easier fer a witch ta ketch supper ev'ry night, don'tcha think?!

Re: Br'er Rabbit Stops the Hops!!

I think that is a great effect, and it would be a shame if they used that as a solution. I do know that I have seen that done in the past, but when I was in WDW last (August), he was hopping just fine. I hope they find a simple solution to fix the hopping rabbit!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

i remember reading somewhere that the element was design for X amount of logs, if the they put over the X amount of log the element is shut off cause it can't keep up with the logs.

Comment

Originally posted by bluejayx View Post
        i remember reading somewhere that the element was design for X amount of logs, if the they put over the X amount of log the element is shut off cause it can't keep up with the logs.
        Doesn't make sense because Tokyo has the same effect and it works there for every single log. I blame lazy engineers at Walt Disney World.

Comment

ORDDU: That particular scene is often not working at all. For several years they've allowed that poor Br'er Rabbit to just disappear altogether when he wasn't able to hop. It's such a shame, too, because it's one of the unique features to the Florida version that makes it better than the California version. (sigh) Oh, well, what's a witch t do?

ORGOCH: Sure cain't use no magic ta fix this one. It ain't allowed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post

ORGOCH: Sure cain't use no magic ta fix this one. It ain't allowed!!
            Oh, ladies, I'm sure you could if you were quick enough.
            I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

ORGOCH: Nope, nope, nope! It's in the contract ev'ry dang Dizzy character has ta sign who's got magic in 'em. From the Blue Scary ta Stinker Bell! Ain't a one of us cain use magic ta fix nothin' at the parks.

ORWEN: I'm afraid the nasty old biddy's right for a change. The magical types among the Disney characters have to stay completely out of using magic to solve world politics problems, natural disasters or even fashion faux pa's of the stars!! (Not that we wouldn't love to TRY waving some magic wands over a lot of things and people we see making mistakes that affect all the rest of us!)

Comment

Luckily every time I've ridden Splash Mountain, hopping Brer Rabbit has worked. I haven't ridden in a long time though. Sad to hear it keeps going down like that. Dumb bunny!

Comment

Last month we went on it twice. It only worked one of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    Last month we went on it twice. It only worked one of the times.
                    OMG what did you do to that poor rabbit Ashee? Might not be a physical problem poor brier rabbit is still in shock that's all.
                    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                      OMG what did you do to that poor rabbit Ashee? Might not be a physical problem poor brier rabbit is still in shock that's all.
                      I brought him to his cryin' place.

Comment

I brought him to his cryin' place.
                        ROFL! cryin' place!

Now i am trying to figure out where my cryin' place would be....
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                          ROFL! cryin' place!

Now i am trying to figure out where my cryin' place would be....
                          Watch Old Yeller with Brer'. You'll find it. LOL!

Comment

Watch Old Yeller with Brer'. You'll find it. LOL!
                            I think my place is, eating a quart of Rocky Road Ice Cream, while doing Karoake all in my room singing, "All By Myself" by Celine Dion

Comment

I think my place is, eating a quart of Rocky Road Ice Cream, while doing Karoake all in my room singing, "All By Myself" by Celine Dion
                              Rocky Road is much easier to clean off than tar.

Comment

Rocky Road is much easier to clean off than tar.
                                WOW.... WOW....

Comment

WOW.... WOW....
                                  2 scoops of Rocky Road...COMIN' UP!

Comment

2 scoops of Rocky Road...COMIN' UP!
                                    lol

Comment

That's a real bummer! I've never been to WDW (only DL in Anaheim), but I've watched videos of the other Splash Mountains and thought this was a really cool effect. The idea of coming out all that way and then not seeing it work would be a huge letdown for me personally.

Comment

The first time we went to WDW this effect was working and we were so impressed. It has not worked on any of our subsequent trips. It makes me sad because I think this is something that really makes the WDW stand out from the DL version.

Comment

Working...
                                        X