X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bob Iger says, "No Ratatouille Attractions"

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Instead of passively going by scenes from the movie in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, you 'actually' hit a train and went to Hell (among other things that happen to you in the ride). This actually 'happened' to you as you rode the ride, you were not a passive viewer of it happening to a character. Also, many scenes in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are not (remember it still exists in DL) taken from the movie, so it took a lot more imagination to create than the ride part of The Seas with Nemo and Friends for example.
    They are completely different types of rides. I love Mr. Toad, but it is a low tech ride; Nemo shows off a new technology which allows characters to appear to interact with live animals (fish) in a tank. I believe that couldn't possibly be showcased in a fast moving ride.

I am not saying that Nemo is a better ride than Mr. Toad (which happens to be my all-time favorite Fantasyland ride). What I am saying is that I enjoy Nemo for what it is, and see nothing wrong with the slow-moving, passive aspect of that ride, since what you get to see is extraordinary. Isn't Pirates slow moving and passive? Isn't HM? IASW? How about Peter Pan, Snow White, and all the other Fantasyland rides (except Toad). In fact, most dark rides are slow moving and passive. So if you dislike Nemo and the Seas, that's your personal preference, not because there is something inherently wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
      They are completely different types of rides. I love Mr. Toad, but it is a low tech ride; Nemo shows off a new technology which allows characters to appear to interact with live animals (fish) in a tank. I believe that couldn't possibly be showcased in a fast moving ride.
      I have to admit that I did enjoy that tech part of the ride. I thought it was well done. I always found the "ride" part of the Living Seas to be poorly done, though I did like the films and hydrolators.

The real problem with the refurb is the Nemo takeover in the small exhibits. Now with a giant climb-thru Bruce instead of interesting educational exhibits about fish and oceanography
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

The fact that Toy Story, Cars, and Little Mermaid have their own line of merchandise, and are also the movies all the rides added to DCA in the next five years will be based off off (except the Trolley Cars, but that is only like an A or B Ticket) prove that the DCA expansion is only driven by merchandise.
        I believe it was over at Blue Sky Disney, and possibly by Lutz too, that there may actually be some clever thinking on the part of Weiss and his team. The synergy, short term focus of the Phase I attractions are there to help guarantee immediate success needed for Phase II to go ahead, which will then contain two (?) non-synergy E-Tickets. Makes sense, but I'm too demoralized to hold out too much hope.

I'm sorry, but as cool as it looks, the huge color difference along with fish going through each other, blows the illusion in my book.

I am not saying that Nemo is a better ride than Mr. Toad (which happens to be my all-time favorite Fantasyland ride). What I am saying is that I enjoy Nemo for what it is, and see nothing wrong with the slow-moving, passive aspect of that ride, since what you get to see is extraordinary. Isn't Pirates slow moving and passive? Isn't HM? IASW? How about Peter Pan, Snow White, and all the other Fantasyland rides (except Toad). In fact, most dark rides are slow moving and passive. So if you dislike Nemo and the Seas, that's your personal preference, not because there is something inherently wrong with it.
        The issue is a continuing trend of merely retelling the story that everybody owns on DVD. The Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction is the Reader's Digest version of Finding Nemo, except it is happening "again".

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          I believe it was over at Blue Sky Disney, and possibly by Lutz too, that there may actually be some clever thinking on the part of Weiss and his team. The synergy, short term focus of the Phase I attractions are there to help guarantee immediate success needed for Phase II to go ahead, which will then contain two (?) non-synergy E-Tickets. Makes sense, but I'm too demoralized to hold out too much hope.
          Yeah, I remember Blue Sky Disney saying the area where Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is, will hold a 'non-synergy' E-Ticket. However, these synergy attractions are going to take up a lot of room that could be used for something else. I don't understand spending 300 million dollars on a ride that may only have short term appeal. If you are going to spend 300 million dollars on a ride, build an Indy, POTC, Haunted Mansion, or Journey to the Center of the Earth. A ride that is completely timeless. Even if Indy is based on a movie franchise, that franchise had proven to stand the test of time by the time the ride opened. Plus Indy represents things that people were fasinated with before Raiders of the Lost Ark was made. You know: adventure, exotic locales, archaeology, danger, and rare treasures. Cars just represents talking cars, and I don't picture talking cars having timeless appeal.

Comment

Yeah, I remember Blue Sky Disney saying the area where Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is, will hold a 'non-synergy' E-Ticket. However, these synergy attractions are going to take up a lot of room that could be used for something else. I don't understand spending 300 million dollars on a ride that may only have short term appeal. If you are going to spend 300 million dollars on a ride, build an Indy, POTC, Haunted Mansion, or Journey to the Center of the Earth. A ride that is completely timeless. Even if Indy is based on a movie franchise, that franchise had proven to stand the test of time by the time the ride opened. Plus Indy represents things that people were fasinated with before Raiders of the Lost Ark was made. You know: adventure, exotic locales, archaeology, danger, and rare treasures. Cars just represents talking cars, and I don't picture talking cars having timeless appeal.
            Herbie did and he was mute.
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I don't understand spending 300 million dollars on a ride that may only have short term appeal. If you are going to spend 300 million dollars on a ride, build an Indy, POTC, Haunted Mansion, or Journey to the Center of the Earth. A ride that is completely timeless. Even if Indy is based on a movie franchise, that franchise had proven to stand the test of time by the time the ride opened. Plus Indy represents things that people were fasinated with before Raiders of the Lost Ark was made. You know: adventure, exotic locales, archaeology, danger, and rare treasures. Cars just represents talking cars, and I don't picture talking cars having timeless appeal.
              From what it sounds like, Radiator Springs Racers will not be just a rehashing of Cars (and hopefully not Cars 2). Even if all of the Indiana Jones films absolutely sucked, the Indiana Jones Adventure would still be an amazing attraction. A solid attraction will establish its own reputation and continue to draw well after the films are forgotten. Case in point, Splash Mountain. When the attraction opened it had been three years since anybody had seen the film, now it has been twenty (excepting bootleggers).

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                From what it sounds like, Radiator Springs Racers will not be just a rehashing of Cars (and hopefully not Cars 2). Even if all of the Indiana Jones films absolutely sucked, the Indiana Jones Adventure would still be an amazing attraction. A solid attraction will establish its own reputation and continue to draw well after the films are forgotten. Case in point, Splash Mountain. When the attraction opened it had been three years since anybody had seen the film, now it has been twenty (excepting bootleggers).
                Right. It's all about the quality of the attraction. Not many remember The Wind in the Willows or The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, but that hasn't stopped the ride from developing an enduring following.

Comment

I must admit, I was never a big Toad fan. It was OK. The biggest problem is the Pooh ride is mediocre and not an upgrade. And they built an amazing Pooh ride in Japan but left us short changed
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                    I must admit, I was never a big Toad fan. It was OK. The biggest problem is the Pooh ride is mediocre and not an upgrade. And they built an amazing Pooh ride in Japan but left us short changed
                    I never saw the Japan Pooh, but thought the one in Florida is charming, with some beautiful scenes. The rainstorm/flooding part is terrific. My favorite ride in MK's Fantasyland (although my favorite attraction there is Mickey's PhilharMagic).

Comment

Here's some of the ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhc3a...eature=related
                      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I wish Bob Iger would have said " No Soup for you!!! instead. Back to topic. lol.
                        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          I wish Bob Iger would have said " No Soup for you!!! instead. Back to topic. lol.
                          ok then
                          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X