Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

MK - Spectromagic; Bust's of Mansion and my first attempt with a tripod.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK - Spectromagic; Bust's of Mansion and my first attempt with a tripod.

Good day! Grabbed both cameras, my tripod and hopped in the car for a fun filled day at the Magic Kingdom.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

I arrived to tolerable crowds and the day was gorgeous.

I ended up going my traditional left jut towards Adventureland, with my first stop at POTC. That's starting to become an unintentional tradition of mine.

Looks like a pirates been playing in the paint again.

Meandering through Frontierland I stopped by to listen to a couple of pickers for a bit. They were quite good!

Feeling the country twang, I stopped by Country Bears for a good ole fashioned hoedown.

She's from Tampa, FL!

After, I noticed the Golden Horseshoe was open and serving lunch, as was the balcony seating area. So I grabbed a turkey and swiss and took in the atmosphere, I unfortunately never got to experience a show here. That makes me very sad, I can imagine how engaging a place like this might be.

On a side note, I was on one side and I felt like there was someone standing up there, but every time I would turn and look, there was no one. It was definitely the creepiest feeling I've had in the parks in a while.

Keeping with that creepy feeling, I headed to the Haunted Mansion next.

It was when I boarded my Doom Buggie and discovered that something wasn't right. As we turned the corner and I waiting patiently for the wise interjection of my "Ghost Host." What I got made me feel like I was at a Peter Frampton concert, the audio wasn't quite there and continued to stay that way throughout the duration. So out of my nature to never say anything, I mentioned it to the CM at the exit and she very nicely asked if I wanted another go around. Why, yes, thank you very much! However, the second time around the ride broke down in the graveyard. Not to lose out on the obvious opportunity to take indoor photos, I just so happened to be stopped in front of a group of singing "busts". I think I'm the only person who likes it when a dark ride breaks down and I have my camera. :P

Enjoy.

After about 20 minutes, the ride started up again to the cheers of fellow park attendees and I exited into the warm sun and made my way to Fantasyland.

Is it me or does Tinkerbell look like she's frothing at the mouth?

I never noticed these little guys on top of the Cinderella's Carousel sign, how cute is that!

I realized the other day that I didn't have very many photos of the carousel and I wanted to remedy that on this trip. Did you know that the entire story of Cinderella is portrayed in photos on the side of the carousel?

See anything extra in this photo?

Look closer...

Guess he was making sure Cinderella got home on time.

Uh oh! Midnight! I better get home! Not just yet.

Excuse me miss, what is in that box you have there?

Anyone ever notice how girly his lips are? It's not a bad thing, just something I noticed taking this photo.

So I get in my mine car and round the corner, when all of a sudden the car jerks to a stop and the house lights go on. What is it today with my luck and rides breaking down?

No, these weren't taken with a flash.

Anyone need a poisoned apple antidote?

The lights died down and the ride continued, only to be stopped here...

and here..

I know the apple is poisoned already! But now I know how to circumvent that.

I'm being stalked by birds! I think they are really animatronics, cleverly placed in the parks by management and used as video cameras, but's that's just my opinion.

Yes, I'm kidding...

It was then I looked over and noticed Dumbo had been stripped...

The queue people...come on!

I stepped in Pooh long enough to have to wipe it off my shoes and snap photos.

Someone remind me what the Dormouse was on again?

I think it's time for a drive through Tomorrowland.

Look! Lenny Kravitz! No, not really..

After my jaunt at speeding, I decided on a relaxing ride next.

Time for some progress!

Ooo Bobby has a scar on his face! The rebel...

Go Granny, Go Granny!

Since I had a FP for Pooh, I headed back over to Fantasyland.

Headed over into Toontown to visit Minnie, unfortunately she wasn't taking visitors today.

Random shots..

Is it wrong that I want these on my fence?

This CM asked if I needed a model for my photo, I said sure, as long as you know you'll end up on the internet. LOL

Mickey's House.

I love this tire, I never noticed it before.

You can't really see it, but I don't think it was wise to stick an outlet in the fireplace.

And I thought my kitchen was a mess..

Who knew Mickey was so good at every sport?

I see Mickey borrowed my pants again..

As the sun was setting I hopped aboard the train to go grab my spot for the parade and fireworks. I settled in just across the Liberty Square bridge with the castle as a backdrop.

The parade started and as most are aware, I have an avid fear of the Spectromen, but I braved them just to capture this photo for all of you.
    CREEPY!

It's Disco Donald!

And then I moved back to the bridge for the fireworks, until I realized you couldn't see them from my position.

So I scrambled a bit to the center of the hub and found a spot to grab some tilted and not so level photos. LOL

Oh well, I had a blast that day anyway.

Have a Magical Day!
    :wave:

Re: MK - Spectromagic; DD of Mansion and my first attempt with a tripod.

Great photos! The tripod seems to be working...
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Re: MK - Spectromagic; Bust's of Mansion and my first attempt with a tripod.

Nice pictures!

Doormouse is from Alice in Wonderland and is found on the tea cups in the park. I saw Spectro Magic last month in person and the Spectromen are now 10x creepier than they were before. Believe it or not but I wasnt' prepared to be that freaked out by them, the creepyness just doesn't come across as much in photos.
      Last edited by Disney Magic; 04-15-2008, 07:30 AM.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

The Doormouse is in the Mad Tea Party scene in "Alice in Wonderland"

"Twinkle Twinkle little Bat... How I wonder...."

"CAT... CAT...."
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
          Nice pictures!

Doormouse is from Alice in Wonderland and is found on the tea cups in the park. I saw Spectro Magic last month in person and the Spectromen are now 10x creepier than they were before. Believe it or not but I wasnt' prepared to be that freaked out by them, the creepyness just doesn't come across as much in photos.
          Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
          The Doormouse is in the Mad Tea Party scene in "Alice in Wonderland"

"Twinkle Twinkle little Bat... How I wonder...."

"CAT... CAT...."
          :lol: Guys...when she asked what the doormouse was on I think she meant what kind of drugs...look at his eyes....
          Originally posted by larasound
          am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
            Nice pictures!

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
            :lol: Guys...when she asked what the doormouse was on I think she meant what kind of drugs...look at his eyes....

LOL! What she said, Alice in Wonderland is my favorite story, movie, character of all things Disney. I was making a poorly explained joke, apparently. :lol:

Comment

Oh... well that makes a lot more sense! lol...

I think he is living the life of a Tea Addict! Living for the Tea Bagging fun, that only a mad Tea Party can provide...

We all know that the Mad Tea Party is the RAVE of the Disney World!
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Oh... well that makes a lot more sense! lol...

I think he is living the life of a Tea Addict! Living for the Tea Bagging fun, that only a mad Tea Party can provide...

We all know that the Mad Tea Party is the RAVE of the Disney World!
                Well, caffeine has strange effects on some people...I've even heard of it turning some people into ninjas with mad skills...
                Originally posted by larasound
                am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                  LOL! What she said, Alice in Wonderland is my favorite story, movie, character of all things Disney. I was making a poorly explained joke, apparently. :lol:
                  Oh :blush: nevermind then.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Wonderful Tr, I love the figures around Fantasyland

Comment

It's Disco Donald!

What beautiful shots! Donald's boat was closed when we were there
                      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Wonderful pictures as always Summer.
                        :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                        Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

nice work
                          www.jamboeveryone.com
                          Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic. I hate getting stuck on HM. It's so creepy when the audio isn't working. GREAT PICTURES

Comment

So many of your photos are postcard perfect. You should sell them. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Living for the Tea Bagging fun, that only a mad Tea Party can provide...
                                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

I love this tire, I never noticed it before.

Interesting...I wonder if this is the same over-inflated tire prop from the old World of Motion bike scene.
                                    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                                      exactly. I was thinking the same thing
                                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Very nice pics. Your camera is working especially well in low light. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Working...
                                        X