Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

    I know theyre making "CarsLand" at DL and I know theyre making the "Cars 2" movie... But are they doing anything with Cars in WDW? I was thinking, maybe they could turn TestTrack into a Cars themed version? I know they are going to do something like that in DL for "CarsLand", but I think they could make a really good attraction at WDW. What do you think?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

    nothing official. Some rumors include the replacement of Herbie the Love Bug in LMA with some of the characters from Cars. I have also heard of a Cars re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

      Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it! I'd think they would just build a new ride about Cars or just update a ride Walt Disney didnt design.
      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

        Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
        Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it! I'd think they would just build a new ride about Cars or just update a ride Walt Disney didnt design.
        I find it dull actually
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

          Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
          nothing official. Some rumors include the replacement of Herbie the Love Bug in LMA with some of the characters from Cars. I have also heard of a Cars re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway
          I would rather have a Herbie overlay of the Speedway before they do Cars, no offense.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

            Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
            I would rather have a Herbie overlay of the Speedway before they do Cars, no offense.
            I am by no means a Cars defender I was just repeating some rumors. I would actually prefer they just remove the Speedway and expand Tomorrowland with some new attractions in that area
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

              Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
              I find it dull actually
              Well I was saying it was a fav ride, I was just saying its a classic.
              Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                I know theyre making "CarsLand" at DL and I know theyre making the "Cars 2" movie... But are they doing anything with Cars in WDW? I was thinking, maybe they could turn TestTrack into a Cars themed version? I know they are going to do something like that in DL for "CarsLand", but I think they could make a really good attraction at WDW. What do you think?
                After TestTrack's downtime for Carsland ride system testing, TestTrack will undergo an extensive refurb. Part of the refurb will probably include new sets Some of these sets *may* be thened to Cars.


                [thinkingtoself] Please be wrong...please be wrong [/thinkingtoself]
                sigpic


                Originally posted by Phonedave
                Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                  Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                  Well I was saying it was a fav ride, I was just saying its a classic.
                  You could love it, most people disagree with me about this stuff anyway. For example, they could get rid of the Carousel of Progress and I would be fine, and I don't miss Mr Toad's at all
                  www.jamboeveryone.com
                  Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                    I bet they'll just change the name of the "Lights! Motors! Action!" show to "Cars! Live!"

                    I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                      Originally posted by Destination View Post
                      I bet they'll just change the name of the "Lights! Motors! Action!" show to "Cars! Live!"
                      Maybe they could make the show entertaining
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                        i hope hope they dont retheme test track to cars!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                          I love Cars -- the movie, and the diecast toys. I'm very much looking forward to Carsland at DCA (albeit with a different name, please) and Cars 2. But I'm also very much opposed to theming either Test Track or the Indy Speedway to Cars.

                          TT is fun, but it needs to be refreshed in the upcoming years. A Cars overlay, however, is not what it needs. (I would support testing new ride vehicles that have improved functionality, though -- just not a wholesale re-theming of the attraction itself.) I don't find the Nemo aspect of The Living Seas that intrusive, but an entire Future World attraction themed specifically to Cars? I just don't see how that would cohere in any way with the general feel or purpose of Future World.

                          Being set in the present, Cars also has no place in Tomorrowland. I'm not a huge fan of the Speedway, but many kids love it and it definitely fills a needed role among Magic Kingdom attractions. However, I'd much rather see the Indy Speedway renamed "Autopia" and given new, interesting tracks and scenery, along with quiet, smooth electric-powered cars like the ones in HKDL.

                          The only place in WDW I can currently see a Cars-themed attraction fitting comfortably is in Pixar Place at DHS.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                            ^ That's interesting you don't find the Nemo overlay to The Living Seas intrusive. I find it quite the opposite. To me, it's all "in your face" Nemo and has really dumbed down the attraction. I miss the hydrolators, the whole movie about the creation of the seas where they used the word deluge far too many times, and just the whole educational aspect of the pavilion. Even as a kid I loved this pavilion the most. Now it's my least favorite. I skip the whole intro "ride" and just enter through the exit instead. In my opinion, they gave the monstrous aquarium a back seat to animated characters which is a shame.

                            I really dig the Crush thing, but mainly for the technology behind it. I also enjoy watching the fish, sea cows and divers when they're in the tank. Other than that, I feel they put in way too much Nemo (and I LOVE the movie).

                            Sorry for the off-topic "rant".
                            -Tim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                              I guess the Nemo overlay doesn't bother me that much because it doesn't really take away from the aspect of The Living Seas that I most enjoyed -- actually seeing the aquarium and pools with the real fish (and manatees, etc.) swimming around. That's all still there.

                              I do miss the original movie a bit. The part (and I'm paraphrasing here) where the narrator relates that "it rained and rained, and when it finally stopped raining, the seas were born" blew my mind when I was a kid. I found the rest of the intro a bit boring, and the hydrolators unconvincing (especially when compared to the terravators at Journey to the Center of the Earth).

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                                Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it! I'd think they would just build a new ride about Cars or just update a ride Walt Disney didnt design.
                                The Autopia in Disneyland is the classic that Walt helped design. The Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is a cheaper and smaller version of Autopia.

                                I heard that Space Mountain will be rethemed to Cars after the refurbishment.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                  Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                                  Oh, Well, Thats a classic ride! Walt Disney helped design it!
                                  No, I don't think he did. He died long before that and MK were designed.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                    Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                    You could love it, most people disagree with me about this stuff anyway. For example, they could get rid of the Carousel of Progress and I would be fine, and I don't miss Mr Toad's at all
                                    I love that show! I dont know why. Ive done it over a thousand times and I just never get tired of it.
                                    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                      Originally posted by halltd View Post
                                      ^ That's interesting you don't find the Nemo overlay to The Living Seas intrusive. I find it quite the opposite. To me, it's all "in your face" Nemo and has really dumbed down the attraction. I miss the hydrolators, the whole movie about the creation of the seas where they used the word deluge far too many times, and just the whole educational aspect of the pavilion. Even as a kid I loved this pavilion the most. Now it's my least favorite. I skip the whole intro "ride" and just enter through the exit instead. In my opinion, they gave the monstrous aquarium a back seat to animated characters which is a shame.

                                      I really dig the Crush thing, but mainly for the technology behind it. I also enjoy watching the fish, sea cows and divers when they're in the tank. Other than that, I feel they put in way too much Nemo (and I LOVE the movie).

                                      Sorry for the off-topic "rant".
                                      I am with you completely. As a zoo afficinado, I used to love the Living Seas and considered it the best attraction in Future World. But they did slug you in the face with Nemo. My biggest disappointment with the re-do was the numerous Seas exhibits they used to have around the aquarium. Now we have a giant Bruce
                                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                        Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                                        The Autopia in Disneyland is the classic that Walt helped design. The Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is a cheaper and smaller version of Autopia.

                                        I heard that Space Mountain will be rethemed to Cars after the refurbishment.
                                        Sorry, I kinda got them confused. But I dont think they would refurbish SM as a Cars ride! That just wouldnt fit. Especially since its SPACE Mountain. Now BTM I might could see a little bit of a Cars theme in. Like if they made Mater the announcer guy and made it all Mater themed. But still, I dont think they should refurbish any thing. Just maybe build something new.
                                        Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                                        sigpic

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X