Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

    Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
    You could love it, most people disagree with me about this stuff anyway. For example, they could get rid of the Carousel of Progress and I would be fine, and I don't miss Mr Toad's at all
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. IT"S ONE OF THE LONGEST LASTING PIECES OF WALT'S LEGACY IN THE PARKS.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

      I actually would love to see them retheme the speedway to cars, however they'd have to pull that attraction either into toontown or fantasyland to make it work. I don't want it to still be considered part of tomorrowland if they do.

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

        Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. IT"S ONE OF THE LONGEST LASTING PIECES OF WALT'S LEGACY IN THE PARKS.
        Like I said, I'm in the minority especially with Disneyphiles
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

          Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
          Like I said, I'm in the minority especially with Disneyphiles
          Naaah. I'm just a big caroseul fan.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

            Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
            Naaah. I'm just a big caroseul fan.
            I would say most Disneyphiles though love the CoP even if its just for historical value
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

              Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
              Like I said, I'm in the minority especially with Disneyphiles
              I'm with you on this one. Actually I'm not a fan of the Tomorrowland concept itself (especially with a whole Future World at Epcot, it seems redundant)...I would rather have a Sci-fi Land with a nice E-ticket on the site of COP (I would send COP back to Disneyland...I think it's more fitting to have it there anyway).

              I'm sure there will be something Cars related at WDW since Disney / Pixar has decided this is going to be one of their next big franchises. Indy Speedway or Test Track seem the most likely candidates for a makeover. I would love to see an east coast version of Radiator Springs Racers but that isn't very likely.
              Down with the Hat

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                I don't mind they re-do of Tomorrowland to sort of look like a Jules Verne-ish future
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                  Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  I would say most Disneyphiles though love the CoP even if its just for historical value
                  Yes but historical in 2 respects.
                  1. It was an original attraction in the worlds fair that Walt helped design and used to fund the original Disneyland Park.
                  2. The history it teaches, in an entertaining way, about how far we have advanced technologically in the past century. Most of the things we take for granted are relatively new in the grand scheme of things.
                  If anything I think it should be placed in the Smithsonian American History museum it is a bit out of place in Tomorrowland, might be more appropriate off a side street of main street USA but it is one of the best of the classic AA attractions left in the park IMHO and I would hate for them to put another lame attraction in its place like MILF...
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                    Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                    Yes but historical in 2 respects.
                    1. It was an original attraction in the worlds fair that Walt helped design and used to fund the original Disneyland Park.
                    2. The history it teaches, in an entertaining way, about how far we have advanced technologically in the past century. Most of the things we take for granted are relatively new in the grand scheme of things.
                    If anything I think it should be placed in the Smithsonian American History museum it is a bit out of place in Tomorrowland, might be more appropriate off a side street of main street USA but it is one of the best of the classic AA attractions left in the park IMHO and I would hate for them to put another lame attraction in its place like MILF...

                    They could always move it to Epoct in Future World, home of the COP's sequel, horzions.
                    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                      Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                      I don't mind they re-do of Tomorrowland to sort of look like a Jules Verne-ish future
                      I like that idea, first step, rip out MIL, and the there's pooh in the pool tot lot and put the timekeeper and nemo subs back in place....

                      I like the original Imagineering designs for DLP that had that theme, but lack of water in the middle of Tomorrowland kinda kills that design. Problem is the WED WAY Peoplemover and all wouldn't really fit that theme without a lot of re-work, not sure they would spend that amount of cash on a Tomorrowland re-work when the current one is only what 10 years old or so?
                      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                        Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                        They could always move it to Epoct in Future World, home of the COP's sequel, horzions.
                        That would work for me too, but I rather have them leave CoP there, put Horizons back in perhaps in the wonders of life pavilion, emptying out into an area that could host body wars and other "futuristic" mini attractions... dare to dream....
                        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                          Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          They could always move it to Epoct in Future World, home of the COP's sequel, horzions.
                          I think COP overlaps too much with SSE to be meaningful in Future World...and the latter is better anyway IMO. As long as they some day restore SSE's ending to the way it used to be, it's enough for me as far rides looking at past achievements and future aspirations. Horizons was nice but also somewhat similarly redundant.
                          Down with the Hat

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                            Originally posted by tasman View Post
                            I think COP overlaps too much with SSE to be meaningful in Future World...and the latter is better anyway IMO. As long as they some day restore SSE's ending to the way it used to be, it's enough for me as far rides looking at past achievements and future aspirations. Horizons was nice but also somewhat similarly redundant.
                            I have to disagree a bit on the Horizons comment, Horizons was a look to the future not the past, "if we can dream it we can do it!" theme through showing what we might accomplish etc. I guess to modernize it a but it would be "keep looking forward" but I think Epcot is missing that we can do it, and the future looks bright attitude that the ride just exuded in large quantities.

                            SSE was mostly based in the past but it lacks the hook to draw you in the way CoP does, there's no emotional attachment to the scenes, no developed characters to relate to etc. I love SSE, have not seen the new ending yet as it was closed last November, but for some reason I really like CoP more....
                            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                              ^^ Of course there are differences, but one reason Horizons saw so little visitor traffic by the time it closed was that Future World had three somewhat similar omnimover rides (those two above mentioned, plus World of Motion)...and I don't think COP would be sufficiently different to stimulate interest (SSE will always be the most popular, if for no reason other than its location). For me, Future World has always been more about "discovery" than about the "future" (which is fine by me) and the two indispensible original rides are / were SSE and Journey Into Imagaination (hopefully they have the good sense to bring back the latter).
                              Down with the Hat

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Doing anything "Cars" related at WDW?

                                Originally posted by tasman View Post
                                ^^ Of course there are differences, but one reason Horizons saw so little visitor traffic by the time it closed was that Future World had three somewhat similar omnimover rides (those two above mentioned, plus World of Motion)...and I don't think COP would be sufficiently different to stimulate interest (SSE will always be the most popular, if for no reason other than its location). For me, Future World has always been more about "discovery" than about the "future" (which is fine by me) and the two indispensible original rides are / were SSE and Journey Into Imagaination (hopefully they have the good sense to bring back the latter).

                                I believe the World of Motion had closed before Horizons
                                www.jamboeveryone.com
                                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X