This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free airfare deal to WDW resort

Hey all. So, my parents just booked their next WDW vacation the other day for October through the Disney website.

They were delighted to find that when they booked their room and park tickets that they got free airfare! With the price of airfare these days, the same flight would cost about $300.

I'm not sure if this deal is always available, but it was the first time any of us had seen/gotten it. Just wanted to pass this on!
    [SIGPIC]

Re: Free airfare deal to WDW resort

Did they go through the website?

I know they were offering the dining plan, but hadn't heard anything about airfare.

Unfortunately we can't go in October anymore (stupid school ).

Comment

Yes, they booked through http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index
      but they didn't get the free dining plan. I they scheduled their trip after that offer expires.

Plus, I looked into it a little more, if you don't get the park tickets, you don't get the free airfare. So, if you've got an AP, you're out of luck.

And boo for not going to be able to go to WDW because of school! (I'm still in school and can sympathize!!)
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

There's gotta be something wrong here. Disney giving free airfare as part of a package???

Something's just not correct here.

Can you report their EXACT dates of travel??? That would help ....

Comment

Something not quite right here. Disney not advertising a special offering "free air"...I'll be back in a few minutes, going to get a hold of one of my contacts over at DRC....

According to the Disney Travel Agents Website they are currently offering 3 discounts or specials, one is for Florida Residents, one is for room only, which booking ends tomorrow and the other is the "free dining"...no free air for WDW.

Alaska Airlines has an offer for Disneyland, but that is it.
          Last edited by Lindsy1052; 04-18-2008, 05:26 AM. Reason: Answer
          Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
          www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
          Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
          Favorite Sites for latest news:
          WDWNewToday.com
          WaltDisneyBoards.com
          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Just heard back from DRC....NO free air, they are however offering some discounts with Air Tran from certain cities, but again, nothing free....

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
            WDWNewToday.com
            WaltDisneyBoards.com
            DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
              Just heard back from DRC....NO free air, they are however offering some discounts with Air Tran from certain cities, but again, nothing free....
              I was just passing on what they saw, is why I didn't post it as news. Lindsy, you did a lot of extra legwork for this, so thanks getting to the bottom of this.

So, they are indeed flying with AirTran via Philadelphia, so it must have been the discounted deal. It must have been quite a discount then if it didn't change the price.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Chickles View Post

So, they are indeed flying with AirTran via Philadelphia, so it must have been the discounted deal. It must have been quite a discount then if it didn't change the price.
                The Disney consumer website is not very user friendly. It can be confusing. As Lyndsy stated there are no free air deals except for children on Alaska Airlines going to DL. Would be nice though.
                Denise

Be careful of imitators. Only book with
                Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
                denise@magicaltravel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
                  The Disney consumer website is not very user friendly. It can be confusing. As Lyndsy stated there are no free air deals except for children on Alaska Airlines going to DL. Would be nice though.
                  It sure would be. At least once in a while to make it easier for families to travel. Alaska Airlines has been doing this for a few years now to Disneyland. Guess they are making a bunch of money and can afford to offer this.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                  WDWNewToday.com
                  WaltDisneyBoards.com
                  DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                    It sure would be. At least once in a while to make it easier for families to travel. Alaska Airlines has been doing this for a few years now to Disneyland. Guess they are making a bunch of money and can afford to offer this.
                    The WDTC-CA has a better relationship with the airlines than the WDTC-FL. United also offers free air for children every year too for DL packages. With DL packages through the WDTC you can get bulk air which is nice that you do not have to pay for the air upfront plus a deposit on the package.
                    Denise

Be careful of imitators. Only book with
                    Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
                    denise@magicaltravel.com

Comment

WDTC-CA also has a better relationship with it's CM's. Have you ever talked to the people out there? They are so nice and pleasant all the time. Ours are always miserable.....This incentive program they initiated has created so much stress on all of them, along with a lot of hardship, hardest for those who had to take pay cuts...

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                      WDWNewToday.com
                      WaltDisneyBoards.com
                      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X