Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Heard a Rumor about Tommorrowland...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard a Rumor about Tommorrowland...

That WDW is going to replace that Sunny guy, in the restuaraunt to your right right when you walk into Tommorrowland, with a Disney character! Just wanted to know if anyone else has heard this rumor. (I cant think of the Restuaraunt's name!)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
    sigpic

Re: Heard a Rumor about Tommorrowland...

Sunny Eclipse at Cosmic Rays.

That's funny, I was eating in that room on Sunday thinking how stale he is getting.

I would understand why they would want to do it, but I haven't heard they will be anytime soon.

I say take the Timekeeper and put him there telling jokes. See Disney, you CAN save money. :P

Comment

Thats what it is called! I was thinking maybe they could put a character from Lilo and Stitch in there. Maybe Plikley or something. Maybe, retheme the restuaraunt to a Alien/Hawiian/Expeirement theme.
      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
        Thats what it is called! I was thinking maybe they could put a character from Lilo and Stitch in there. Maybe Plikley or something. Maybe, retheme the restuaraunt to a Alien/Hawiian/Expeirement theme.

All those in unifom, one finger salute. All those not in uniform hand over belly.

- Sorry -

:unsure:
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
          All those in unifom, one finger salute. All those not in uniform hand over belly.

- Sorry -

:unsure:
          What?
          sigpic

Comment

They better not replace Sonny Eclipse. He's great and my kids love him

and please no Stitch
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
              I don't believe that Stitch keeps well with the theme of Tomorrowland, I'd rather they put in a unique character if they are going to take him out.

Comment

This is the first time I have heard anything of this nature. A refresh would be nice, but with the use of the stage for Magic Music Days and other functions, I would not put this on the list of things in the immediate future.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I honsetly don't even know what rumors are legit and what are false. Unfortuantly, I wouldnt be surprised if Disney's sleezy marketing people wanted to replace an original concept with another cartoon cash-in.

Oh Well, good thing im not renewing my AP.

Comment

Just so theres no confusing, I didnt say this was proven or that this is deffently going to happen. I just was wondering if I was the only one that heard it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                      I honsetly don't even know what rumors are legit and what are false. Unfortuantly, I wouldnt be surprised if Disney's sleezy marketing people wanted to replace an original concept with another cartoon cash-in.

Oh Well, good thing im not renewing my AP.
                      Would you be able to give me a bullet point list to why you are not going to renew your AP? (I am very courious)

Comment

I was hoping this was going to be a good rumor like E-Tickets are coming to replace Stitch and MILF.

Comment

I'd love to see something new go there but I can't think of any disney characters currently who would work meaning that it would fit the theme of tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                            I was hoping this was going to be a good rumor like E-Tickets are coming to replace Stitch and MILF.
                            Why would you want to replace MILF. MILF is good
                            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

The mention of reusing Timekeeper brings up a rather good idea. It would very easy to replace Sonny with a more advanced Audio-Animatronic that could be no more than merely a robot.

Either way, Sonny could use an upgrade and a lot of new material.

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                                Would you be able to give me a bullet point list to why you are not going to renew your AP? (I am very courious)
                                Well I & others have already said so much about what's wrong about WDW both here and at other disney message boards (Contact WDW1974 for a full rundown of what is wrong with the place). But here are a few things off the top of my head:

- Too many cartoon tie-ins. I like attractions based on animated movies as much as anybody but when almost every new attraction announcement is for a tie-in to a new disney or pixar movie it just gets annoying after awhile. It has gotten to the point where disney doesn't seem to care about theming and will stuff cartoons everywhere in the parks (Monsters inc., toy story, and lilo & stitch in Tomorrowland) and Nemo and Three Cabelleros at Epcot Center (I think most people would agree that the only charecters that belong in epcot are the main "Fab 5" Disney charecters + Figment & Dreamfider).

-To make it worse, these cartoon attractions/overlays are actually inferior to the rides they replace often times relying on boring video projections (If I want to watch video I could stay at home and pop in the dvd) and cringe worthy dialogue (ex:"I think I oiled myself" - Robot *groan* 90210). What happened to the cinema worthy dialogue that Imagineering used to write that can be heard in Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, etc.

- Not enough new e-ticket attractions. Soarin' and Expedition Everest are steps in the right direction but when are Walt Disney World guests going to something of the calibur of a Splash Mountain or a Indiana Jones adventure? Tokyo got such lavishly themed rides as Journey to the Center of teh Earth, 20,000 leagues under the sea, Sinbad, Stormrider, and even an exclusive version of Indy. (notice how none of those are cartoon tie-ins?) When is Walt Disney World going to get more attractions that are as grand? We've seen concepts of a "Western River Expedition", a "Beastly Kingdomme", and all kinds of new countries for Epcot's World Showcase. But nothing like that ever gets announced. The reason I don't consider Everest one of these rides is because once you actually get into the mountain you ride around in pitch black, wrap around the mountain and have a brief encounter with a cool AA but there is nothing to actually look at in the attraction. I'm sure Rhode had cool plans for actual scenes in the ride but they probably got cut because Disney is too cheap.

- Too many closed attractions without replacements (Skyway, 20,000 Leagues under the sea Submarine Voyage, Explorer Canoes). This lowers park capacity creating more lines and headaches for the guest.

- Poor Maintenance. The park's are not as maintained as well as they used to be. Broken effects are everywhere, sound systems are horribly out of date, animatronics break down and are never fixed (example: bouncing brer rabbit in Splash Mountain). You don't notice the maintenance is a problem until you visit Disneyland in california or Tokyo Disneyland where 99% all effects and everything is working like its supposed to. WDW isn't as aggressive about fixing things in disrepair. Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder have been fixed finally but its too little too late. These rides required maintenance back in 2003 much less 2007/8. Take a look at Space Mountain if you want to see a ride that is down to its last leg truely.

- Increasing Competition. Universal Studios has announced plans for a full fledged richly themed Harry Potter land complete wtih rides, shows, and themed restuarants. Harry Potter is appealing to kids of all ages whereas something like a monsters inc. or nemo ride only appeals to 5 year olds. Harry Potter crosses generations and judging by the concept art Universal is sparing no expense to make the area lavishly themed and it will have an E-ticket with a brand new ride system and Animatronic creatures. In addition they also have a new Simpsons ride coming up and a high tech roller coaster that will probably give Rock N'Roller coaster a run for its money.

The bottom line is that for the money Disney is charging my family & I no longer feel we are getting the same value we used to from Disney. The amount of mediocre cartoon tie-ins, closed attractions, broken attractions, and no exciting new developments has driven me away from the once great Walt Disney World.
                                Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 04-17-2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Wow. Thanks for the list! Always good to know what people are thinking!

Comment

- Too many cartoon tie-ins.
                                    Thats true. And its often not appriopriate such as Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland makes no theming sense. Soemtimes its fine. I have no problem with a Pixar Place in the Studios for example

-To make it worse, these cartoon attractions/overlays are actually inferior to the rides they replace
                                    I don't know. What cartoon attractions have replaced something really good. I liked the Timekeeper but losing it is no big deal. But thats just me.

- Not enough new e-ticket attractions.
                                    Sometimes I feel the exact opposite is true. I would like to see a few smaller scale attractions to help occupy your day at the Studios or even DAK. A few new dark rides would be nice at MK. And some smaller scale attractions and or films at WS as well

- Too many closed attractions without replacements
                                    Too true. Especially the 20,000 Leagues and Wonders of Life are real holes in the park

Poor Maintenance.
                                    Absolutely. Especially at MK I have noticed

- Increasing Competition.
                                    You would think this would increase the production of quality at WDW but it really hasn't. I don't know if Potter will pump up Universal's attendance. Maybe that will get things going
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Well I know I might be getting a Universal AP once the HP portion opens. I definitely want to go and check it out first but I like HP just about as much as I like Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                        I don't know. What cartoon attractions have replaced something really good. I liked the Timekeeper but losing it is no big deal. But thats just me.
                                        It's not that these cartoon tie-ins replaced anything good but what I meant was they replaced decent attractions with poor attractions. For example, Alien Encounter and Timekeeper were original, had cool effects, original charecters and story, and an entertaining script with humor and action. Stitch's great escape and Monsters Inc. come off as cheap, heartless, loud, and "in your face". In the case of Monsters inc. they ripped out the AA's and showpieces and replaced them with video screens. In El Rio De Tiempo, the charecters come off as annoying and detract from the theme of the attraction (discovering Mexico) and again the final show scene that had real three dimensional figures and moving parts has been gutted and replaced with a big video screen. Don't you think they could of at least made it a grand finale scene with 3 Audio Animatrnonic figures of the Cabelleros?

Well I know I might be getting a Universal AP once the HP portion opens. I definitely want to go and check it out first but I like HP just about as much as I like Disney.
                                        Me too. I just wish Disney would get on the ball and start developing really grand mind blowing stuff again. I have read about some of the plans for the main Harry Potter e-ticket and its truely amazing they have even come up with a new way of minimizing lines without resorting to fastpass tickets its gonna be something to see when it opens. It is definatly going to be the next step in theme park attractions that has been evolving since the debute of the motion simulator (Star tours --> Indy --> Spider Man --> EMV 2 Vechiles (Journey to the center of the earth, Radiator Springs Racers)--> Harry Potter)
                                        Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 04-18-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X