Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heard a Rumor about Tommorrowland...

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    It's not that these cartoon tie-ins replaced anything good but what I meant was they replaced decent attractions with poor attractions. For example, Alien Encounter and Timekeeper were original, had cool effects, original charecters and story, and an entertaining script with humor and action. Stitch's great escape and Monsters Inc. come off as cheap, heartless, loud, and "in your face". In the case of Monsters inc. they ripped out the AA's and showpieces and replaced them with video screens. In El Rio De Tiempo, the charecters come off as annoying and detract from the theme of the attraction (discovering Mexico) and again the final show scene that had real three dimensional figures and moving parts has been gutted and replaced with a big video screen. Don't you think they could of at least made it a grand finale scene with 3 Audio Animatrnonic figures of the Cabelleros?
    Well, the only real disagreement I have with you is the Monsters Inc does represent the use of state of the art tech. You may not like it, but its incredible at Turtle Talk anyway
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
      Well, the only real disagreement I have with you is the Monsters Inc does represent the use of state of the art tech. You may not like it, but its incredible at Turtle Talk anyway
      That would be cool to have that interactive techonology in the Sonny Eclipse show. Unless no one was there!)
      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
      sigpic

Comment

[quote=Ghostbuster626;2725129]
        - Too many cartoon tie-ins.
        Agree a bit here. And to expand on this. Too many tie ins from the hit cartoons. How many more nemo tie ins are we going to have before enough is enough? We have Buzz, and now the Toy Story gets another one in the studios. The recent we're not having a ratatouille coaster bit just made me shake my head. Could have been a great coaster actually.

(I think most people would agree that the only charecters that belong in epcot are the main "Fab 5" Disney charecters + Figment & Dreamfider).
        Most people would not agree with this. Don't mistake the echo chambers that Disney fan sites to represent the majority. As for me personally, World Showcase is a glorified shopping mall with characters whereas before it was a glorified shopping mall without them. No big difference. I do wish they'd restore Figment to at least some of its former glory. The figment attraction there now is filler. Nothing more.

I will also add something you didn't. Too many bad smell gags.
        Wet Dog in Hista, Stink Bugs in ITTBAB, Skunk in JIYI, Stitch's great Burp,

-To make it worse, these cartoon attractions/overlays are actually inferior to the rides they replace
        The river in Mexico never was all that good, nor was the time keeper anything to write home about. And Stitch is actually an improvement. It replaced a ride that all it had going for it was suspense and therefore no repeatability. Stitch has little repeatability either, but it at least has some comedic fun to it. So imo, filler attractions were replaced with more filler attractions. As for the Tiki Abomination under new idiocy, well that one is vastly inferior to what it replaced. I will definitely give you that one. Replaced a classic with a dud.

- Not enough new e-ticket attractions
        This is certainly the case in MK. It could use an E ticket back where the subs were. Dunno what that E ticket would be. But it could use something new.
        In Epcot, they threw 3 new E tickets at it. But it could use some more Super D and E type tickets. But over in the Studios, I think the problem isn't a lack of E tickets, but that 4 of them are shows rather than rides and there aren't many Super D rides or D rides to back those up over there. I think AK could use another E or Super D ticket ride as well. Though they did throw Everest at it.

- Poor Maintenance. The park's are not as maintained as well as they used to be. Broken effects are everywhere, sound systems are horribly out of date, animatronics break down and are never fixed (example: bouncing brer rabbit in Splash Mountain). You don't notice the maintenance is a problem until you visit Disneyland in california or Tokyo Disneyland where 99% all effects and everything is working like its supposed to. WDW isn't as aggressive about fixing things in disrepair. Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder have been fixed finally but its too little too late. These rides required maintenance back in 2003 much less 2007/8. Take a look at Space Mountain if you want to see a ride that is down to its last leg truely.
        Agree here. But I'm into it with a WDW regular on another site who claims it's DLR that is lacking in the maintenance department relative to WDW. We all only see a snapshot of what we see when we're there. I really believe part of it is during the building boom of new parks and the like at WDW, they neglected what they had a bit. I was really taken aback by the new park thing. I'd much rather they fix up what they have.

- Increasing Competition. Universal Studios has announced plans for a full fledged richly themed Harry Potter land complete wtih rides, shows, and themed restuarants.
        I'll believe it when I see it. As AMD is to microchips, Universal is to theme parks. The reality never lives up to the hype. Never. I've been disappointed so many times by Universal not living up to their hype, I just refuse to get excited any more.

Comment

[quote=WSVR;2732055]
          Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
          I'll believe it when I see it. As AMD is to microchips, Universal is to theme parks. The reality never lives up to the hype. Never. I've been disappointed so many times by Universal not living up to their hype, I just refuse to get excited any more.
          Islands of Adventure lived up to the hype. It totally blew away DCA (and DCA opened 3 years AFTER IOA).

For the most part the park had rich theming with lots of little details (Especially Lost Continent, Jurassic Park, and the entry area). Sophisticated Audio Animatronics (ex: Triceratops Encounter), it had a variety of attractions from slow moving family rides to hardcore roller coasters so that there was something for everyone, and Spider-Man was and still is superior to every "e-ticket" disney has banged out in the past 10 years. I'm sorry but Mission:space is a disaster, Expedition Everest and test track are too barebones and Soarin is a cool technology but its just random video footage. Spider-Man had the story, the thrills, and the next generation special effects. Disney hasn't created anything like it in the stateside parks since Indiana Jones back in 1995 (Tokyo is another story).

Also, I would say the Men in Black attraction is far superior to buzz lightyear, an attraction so cheap looking it belongs in chuck e cheese not magic kingdom.

Comment

Working...
          X