X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making The Magic Real

Here is yet another reason why folks do Disney:

Walt Disney World seems to have worked its magic on a Massachusetts couple who accidentally threw away three platinum and diamond wedding rings.
    While tidying up their villa as they prepared to leave the park late last week, Paul Campanale dumped a cardboard bowl, not knowing the container inside it held his wife Karen's engagement, wedding and five-year-anniversary rings.
    Park employees warned the couple from Worcester, Mass., that recovering the jewelry was all but impossible. So on Friday, the Campanales and their two children loaded onto a Magical Express bus and headed to the airport.
    Back at the Wilderness Lodge resort, executive housekeeper Drew Weaver realized that trash from the Campanales' villa hadn't reached the industrial-size compactor yet. He and seven other volunteers donned protective clothing, emptied a parking lot bin and waded through bag after bag of rubbish to find the rings. And they did.
    Paul Campanale, 37, a chemist, received the good news on his cell phone and Weaver met the family to deliver the rings. Karen Campanale, 35, a teacher, said she was shocked by the find.
    "That's not the first time we've gone through trash — oh, no," Weaver said. "We don't always find things. Many times we come up empty. But we didn't this time."
    Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...y_N.htm?csp=34
    Last edited by tjcjr; 04-22-2008, 05:51 AM.

Re: Making The Magic Real

That just shows how much the cast cares about the guests.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
    sigpic

Comment

WOW ... That is going above and beyond!

Comment

Good CM's really make the magic happen at WDW. I think many of us on the boards tend to focus on the negatives and overlook how truly amazing and magical the Disney world really is.

The mousekeeping staff at WL in particular are absolutely fantastic. Years ago they started the towel animal trend at WDW and last time we stayed there over my daughter's birthday our Mousekeeping CM gave my daughter a gift bag with treats, trivia game, plush, and mickey balloons with a happy birthday card from Minnie Mouse. It was totally unexpected and absolutely wonderful!

So take the time to chat with the CM's at your resort you'd be surprised how far they will go to make the magic real for you too!
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I am glad they found the ring
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X