Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

    WDWImagineer is back with some more Contemporary rumors. Someone told me that once the new DVC building is finished they are going to rebuild the other Garden wing. Then here's the crazy rumor I don't believe. This person told me that they are going to knock down the Contemporary A-Frame building. YES, you read that correctly. HAS ANYINE HEARD THIS?? He further said that the A-Frame building would be rebuilt just in a differeny spot.
    I personally don't believe it, but Disney has done some crazy stuff.

  • #2
    Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

    Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    WDWImagineer is back with some more Contemporary rumors. Someone told me that once the new DVC building is finished they are going to rebuild the other Garden wing. Then here's the crazy rumor I don't believe. This person told me that they are going to knock down the Contemporary A-Frame building. YES, you read that correctly. HAS ANYINE HEARD THIS?? He further said that the A-Frame building would be rebuilt just in a differeny spot.
    I personally don't believe it, but Disney has done some crazy stuff.
    This is the first I have heard of the Main building demo. I would be VERY suprised if this was real.

    A lot has been invested in the tower in recent years, however cement does have a lifespan, and it can't last forever.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

      I'd say that there is a good chance that an identical semi-circular tower will be built South of the A-frame. Why not?
      sigpic


      Originally posted by Phonedave
      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

        Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
        I'd say that there is a good chance that an identical semi-circular tower will be built South of the A-frame. Why not?
        So,true. I imagine that if this was to happen Disney would wait and see how fast the DVC units sell. They surely don't want another Saratoga or Animal Kingdom lodge where they have a lot of units available.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

          Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
          So,true. I imagine that if this was to happen Disney would wait and see how fast the DVC units sell. They surely don't want another Saratoga or Animal Kingdom lodge where they have a lot of units available.
          I think the Contemporary is going to set a record on a DVC sell out.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

            Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
            I think the Contemporary is going to set a record on a DVC sell out.
            YEAH, definetly. People will definetly flock to this DVC resort because of it's proximity to MK. That's just another good reason for Disney to build another matching building. But who knows?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

              Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
              A lot has been invested in the tower in recent years, however cement does have a lifespan, and it can't last forever.
              Just a pet peeve of mine: cement is powder that comes in a bag. When mixed with water, it becomes concrete. So, the tower is concrete, not cement.

              Regardless, don't tell anyone at the Hoover Dam (built in 1935) that concrete has a limited life span. he he!!
              -Tim

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                Not true, the original A Frame isn't going anywhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                  Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                  I think the Contemporary is going to set a record on a DVC sell out.
                  Once it's announced, I agree. They won't have more than two locations available at a time to buy into - but meanwhile more and more booths are popping up across property. They're trying to close up Saratoga so they can shift their efforts to AKL and Contemporary... that is for sure. It should be interesting to see this grow over the next few years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                    Originally posted by halltd View Post
                    Just a pet peeve of mine: cement is powder that comes in a bag. When mixed with water, it becomes concrete. So, the tower is concrete, not cement.

                    Regardless, don't tell anyone at the Hoover Dam (built in 1935) that concrete has a limited life span. he he!!
                    Thanks for the lesson, interesting to know!

                    I don't think the rumor is true, then again they have done weirder things that we would never expect.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                      Thank You to Everyone who replied and put their two cents in on a very interesting rumor.
                      Last edited by WDWImagineer; 04-26-2008, 06:49 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                        Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                        This is the first I have heard of the Main building demo. I would be VERY suprised if this was real.

                        A lot has been invested in the tower in recent years, however cement does have a lifespan, and it can't last forever.
                        If properly cared for it (concrete) can last a pretty long time, there are a lot of roman roads and bridges that are still in use overseas and ave been there well over 2000 years... Besides the room units are prefab steel and add further rigidity making the Contemporary very very strong it would take a lot to bring it down even if the rumor where true.
                        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                          To knock down the A-frame, they'd also have to shut down the monorail that runs through the A-frame, dis-conveniencing millions of guests. I doubt this will happen.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                            Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                            If properly cared for it (concrete) can last a pretty long time, there are a lot of roman roads and bridges that are still in use overseas and ave been there well over 2000 years... Besides the room units are prefab steel and add further rigidity making the Contemporary very very strong it would take a lot to bring it down even if the rumor where true.
                            Again, thanks for everyone's input. :ap::ap:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is This Contemporary Resort Rumor True???

                              ORWEN: Our cottage in Morva is built only out of mud, sticks and straw and it's been around for centuries!! I guess it all depends on how well you take care of a place as to how long it can last.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X