Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro 1987 WDW Pics

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Retro 1987 WDW Pics

    These are of the 15th birthday parade back in April 1987:
















    OMG... Her HAIR!!! :lol:



  • #2
    Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

    Thanks for the photos!!! I was there that year (as I was pretty much every year since the 70's), I can't believe the 80's are now considered "retro".
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

      Very nice! I hope there are more
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

        Great old pictures! Glad you saved them for us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

          I got a couple from EPCOT that same year I still need to scan. You'll have to seriously bribe me to post the pic of me with Dale though as I look HIDDEOUS! :lol:

          I also got some from 1993 I'll try to scan in tomorrow after work. Got the Party Gras parade and some random shots from MK and Aladdin's Royal Caravan and other random shots (including from the old backlot tour) at MGM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

            Hey it was the 80s didn't everyone look hideous, I posted my WDW pics from '88 before some of those were pretty bad too :lol:


            Please
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

              Those are soo cool! Can't wait to see more!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                Whoa, very cool! The 80's, it seems like it was not so long ago, but boy, does it ever look like so long ago.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                  I can't believe they still use that UGLY mirror float.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                    Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                    I can't believe they still use that UGLY mirror float.
                    That's exactly what I was thinking. Man, they got their money out of that thing!





                    It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                      Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                      Thanks for the photos!!! I was there that year (as I was pretty much every year since the 70's), I can't believe the 80's are now considered "retro".

                      Yeah makes ya feel old don't it?
                      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                        Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                        Yeah makes ya feel old don't it?
                        Yes! I guess I am "retro".

                        When I was in high school in the 80's, the 60's seemed like the stone ages. So I imagine it's the same for high schoolers now thinking back to that time period...
                        Denise

                        www.mousesteps.com




                        Favorite TDL Typo:

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                          Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                          That's exactly what I was thinking. Man, they got their money out of that thing!
                          I know! I honestly did not know that float has been in use this long! WOW.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                            Well at least Disney is recycling!
                            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                              Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                              Yes! I guess I am "retro".

                              When I was in high school in the 80's, the 60's seemed like the stone ages. So I imagine it's the same for high schoolers now thinking back to that time period...
                              Oh yeah, worst is when some "kid" at McDonalds calls you "Sir" or worse when I was offered a Sr Citizens discount because I had so much grey in my goatee... I'm not even 40 yet!!! Geesh! :lol:
                              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                                Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                Oh yeah, worst is when some "kid" at McDonalds calls you "Sir" or worse when I was offered a Sr Citizens discount because I had so much grey in my goatee... I'm not even 40 yet!!! Geesh! :lol:
                                I would take that Sr Citizen discount, and laugh all the way to the bank! lol
                                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                                  HaHa! Big haired lady!
                                  Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                                  sigpic

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                                    Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                    Oh yeah, worst is when some "kid" at McDonalds calls you "Sir" or worse when I was offered a Sr Citizens discount because I had so much grey in my goatee... I'm not even 40 yet!!! Geesh! :lol:
                                    Did you take the discount?
                                    Denise

                                    www.mousesteps.com




                                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                                    on Bay Lake.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                                      OMG! That shiny float is still in use at WDW. WOW, talk about recycling at the Disney Parks.

                                      BTW, 100th post!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Retro 1987 WDW Pics

                                        I think the castle float has been in use since the 10th birthday. I wish they'd retire the dang thing!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X