Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JUST WONDERING, What do you think should be Disney's next Celebration??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST WONDERING, What do you think should be Disney's next Celebration??

Everyone knows YOMD will eventually end. So, that leaves a BIG question.
    WHAT DOES THE DISNEY MARKETING TEAM HAVE COOKED UP AS THE NEXT "CELEBRATION"?

I hope they have something cooked up for Mickey's 80th Birthday in November. But that's probably wishful thinking. I bet all they'll make are a couple of cheap t-shirts, and maybe a decent trafing pin. WHO KNOWS?

What are your thoughts??? Opinions??? Rants???

Re: JUST WONDERING, What do you think should be Disney's next Celebration??

Mickey's 80th BDay!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
    sigpic

Comment

Do they NEED to have a celebration to market the parks? It used to be that they only celebrated stuff that actually meant something, like the resort anniversaries, Millenium, etc. Now it seems like around every corner is a new "celebration" of some sort. YOMD is not a celebration, plain-and-simple. It is a marketing scheme developed to sell the parks to the awaiting public. I'd rather the "YOMD" trend of "celebrations" not continue past the end of this year.
      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

I dont know but I know that the Year of a Million Dreams is old.
        Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
          Do they NEED to have a celebration to market the parks? It used to be that they only celebrated stuff that actually meant something, like the resort anniversaries, Millenium, etc. Now it seems like around every corner is a new "celebration" of some sort. YOMD is not a celebration, plain-and-simple. It is a marketing scheme developed to sell the parks to the awaiting public. I'd rather the "YOMD" trend of "celebrations" not continue past the end of this year.
          ^^^^^^EXACTLY WHY I SAID RANTS???^^^^ THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvdisney View Post
            I dont know but I know that the Year of a Million Dreams is old.
            Agreed. But I think Disney feels it needs to have one almost every year. I know Mickey's BDay is in about 6 or 7 months. I hope instead of maked a celebration, they just make like a special ceremony like they did for AK 10th BDay. Or maybe a special Parade, Show, or anything but a celebration.
            Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
            sigpic

Comment

BLUE, BLUE, CLOUDS, CLOUDS, STARS, SPARKLES, DREAM!!!!!!!!
              It's all getting sooooooooo old! I love the premise of giving away FREE stuff but sometimes it's a little 2 much.

Comment

According Al Lutz the new celebration will be Magical Celebrations which focuses on celebrating your special days in the parks.

But I think that that Disney shouldn't have a marketing campaign utilizing a gimmick.
                Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
                  BLUE, BLUE, CLOUDS, CLOUDS, STARS, SPARKLES, DREAM!!!!!!!!
                  It's all getting sooooooooo old! I love the premise of giving away FREE stuff but sometimes it's a little 2 much.
                  Well, the kids love it though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                    Well, the kids love it though!
                    But is that basis for everything.
                    Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Originally posted by Sorvian View Post
                      But is that basis for everything.
                      Well, no. But more people come with kids than without.
                      No offense to anybody out there who does.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to see that their are other people who feel the same way I do. These year-long "celebrations" should be reserved for events and not gimmicks like Sorvian said.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
                          I'm glad to see that their are other people who feel the same way I do. These year-long "celebrations" should be reserved for events and not gimmicks like Sorvian said.
                          Well put. Some event like say... Mickey's 80th Birthday?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd rather not have another celebration until MK's 40th but that seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
                              Well put. Some event like say... Mickey's 80th Birthday?
                              Absolutely. If you agree post a response. Mickey Mouse is the cornerstone of The Walt Disney Company and should be honored. 80th Birthday's don't come around to often.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X