Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Experience 'Amercan Idol' at DHS?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will You Experience 'Amercan Idol' at DHS?

Disney Hollywood Studios is going full steam ahead with creating their 'American Idol' attraction even as reports of the show's diminishing popularity begin to emerge.

For example:
    Audience declines for "American Idol" are steepest among youthful viewers, the people who set the pop culture agenda and are most likely to buy music made by the show's winners. These are not the people you want to turn off.
    Among women aged 18 to 34, the "American Idol" audience has slipped 18 percent this year. Isolate teenagers 12-to-17, and the drop is 12 percent.
    The median age of an "American Idol" viewer, once in the mid-30s, is now up to 42, Nielsen said.
    Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/05/arts/NA-A-E-TV-US-American-Idol.php
    So the questions of the day are - Has Disney missed the boat on this one? Are they introducing this attraction too late in the game? Will you include that as one of your must see attractions?
    Whadaya think ...

Re: Will You Experience 'Amercan Idol' at DHS?

I will visit it, and LOVE it! I think that this attraction is really 2 fold. It is going to a 1 of a kind experience for those who get to be involved (as they will go through hair, makeup and costume)

Then for the audience members it will be fun, and cute, and a great diversion.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough. I don't like the actual TV show, so I'd abhor this as well.

Comment

I think its an awful idea for a show. The appeal to the tv show is not just people singing, but the judges tearing them apart. I highly doubt that Disney is going to have a judge tell you that he's heard karaoke that sounds better.

Its going to wind up being very watered down and I do think Idol is on its way out. We probably still have 3-4 more years of Idol but I don't know that it runs any longer than that, at least not with the ratings its had. I think they'll run into the same problem they had with millionaire, a show based off of a tv show that's no longer very popular.

Comment

I'm skipping it. It really is an awful idea and nothing says FOX more than American Idol. There's nothing Disney about it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I used to watch the show all of the time. Now I dont. I'm not sure why though. So I dont think I'll be doing the attraction.
            Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              You couldn't pay me enough. I don't like the actual TV show, so I'd abhor this as well.
              Ditto.
              48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

I have seen a grand total of maybe 2 or 3 episodes of American Idol, and that may be stretching it a bit.

I won't be going to see it in WDW.

-dave
                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

No - I used to watch the show, but not anymore. I don't have any interest in the DHS version.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

Sounds super.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Sounds super.
                      Super stupid, you mean.

Comment

I just hope they don't bring it to DCA. It's such a short term gain idea that it's stupid. Thanks Rasulo.

Comment

Ummmm..... if it's open when I'm there, I'll go see it. I hate when people say they won't see something before it ever opens. That's what I call not giving an attraction a chance (and then likely complaining about it for years to come). This attraction may be everything like the show, it may be nothing like the show. Why not give it a try? (And for the record, I have never watched an episode of AI before).
                          “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by testudo View Post
                            Super stupid, you mean.
                            If you put it that way then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              Sounds super.

Im gonna faint lol. just kidding. Im glad the ratings are finally going down though.its so boring now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X