This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS 05/10/08 - Mice Chatters and Fun!

I decided to create a separate review for Toy Story Midway Mania, as I thought it deserved one, so if you wish to read about my experience yesterday and my thoughts on the attraction, please click HERE. Otherwise, please continue on below.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took yesterday, please visit HERE.

When I found out that the cruise portion of the Invasion trip was stopping off in Orlando, I just had to stop by for a visit.

First up, a very sweet woman, PB and her hubby, complete with a tiara and bubbles!

Tlynn and her family, your son is so adorable!

brerrabbit1 and Disney 1978 were also in attendance.

It was so nice to see everyone again and for the first time in some cases. PB crowned me with the tiara and bubbles and said I am now an "official" Mice Chatter. :P Thanks Butterfingers.

The lovely ladies...

Let me see if I can do this..
    Left to Right: Earkid; Princess Buttercup; Wolfy; SummerinFl; VillainsFan and Disney1978

and The hunky men....

Doombgi; Brerrabbit1 and Westley

Just a few notes about that meeting..

PB - LOVED meeting you, you're such a nice person, although my nickname for you is Butterfingers now. But take heart because my camera is doing just fine and there was no permanent damage. LOL

Tlynn - I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, it was lovely meeting you in person, I would have loved to have some more VMK shop talk.

Earkid - Such a dear you are and so friendly! I imagine given the chance we could talk for hours. LOL

Wolfy and VillainsFan - Everytime I see you both it's for a hug and run and we never have enough time. Let's not make a habit of it shall we? It was great seeing you, even for an hour.

Disney1978 - Such a sweet gal, I had so much fun hanging out with you yesterday and I loved seeing the park through your eyes as a first timer.
    It was also nice to talk to someone else who likes wrestling and knows who people like Chris Jericho are. :P

Doombgi - Thank you for the lovely HK surprises! It was so nice spending time with you again, it's always fun.

Brerrabbit1 - It was lovely talking to you about where your from and how often you go to the parks, great conversation!

TDLFan - Thank you so much for the lovely park maps, you know how much I appreciate them. Our conversations are always interesting, even if I don't agree with your point of view.

Now onto the park meet!

Our MGM group.

Left to right: Disney1978; brerrabbit1; Witches of Morva; WDWLakelandFL; TDLFan; DoomBgi

After TSMM we stopped for a light snack, as we had lunch reservations at SciFi Dine in.

We made a stop off at the Great Movie Ride, Disney1978's opinion? "It was interesting." LOL Sounds about right.

As we were trying to kill some time before our reservation, we hit a few attractions. First up, was Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Then we had a great discussion about the right shoes to wear to a theme park while waiting in line for The Magic of Disney Animation..

They had a great preview to the new movie Wall-E, explained a little more about what it's about and the basic premise of the story.

Lunch time!

This was actually my first time eating here and I really enjoyed it. The ambiance was fun and relaxing, the food was better than counter IMHO, I think the only thing I didn't like was the variety of choices on the menu, the food we did get, was good however.

Darn back seat drivers...

With full stomachs we stopped off to see Indiana Jones.

Doesn't this skeleton look like he died in a dance pose or is it me? LOL

Witches of Morva made another appearance.

It was then the group split off and WoM and I headed over to ride TSMM again, we ended the evening watching Fantasmic and it was the perfect ending to another great day at WDW.

Last edited by SummerInFL; 05-11-2008, 11:37 AM.

Re: DHS 05/10/08 - Mice Chatters and Fun!

The meet looks like it was SO much fun! I definitely plan to make the next one.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

How was your guide on TGMR this time? Did he speak English?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
        How was your guide on TGMR this time? Did he speak English?

That last guide was really something, huh? He seemed very nice, but I couldn't understand a word he said!
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Summer does have a point though - it was a memorable experience.

I am really, really going to try to make the next meet. There is a restaurant opening in Orlando in June that I will be installing/training. I hope the timing works out. If not, things are on track for me to begin my monthly visits in September so I will be a regular fixture at the East Coast meets. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

^ I'd like to see you again Matt! Hope it goes through for you.

Comment

ORDDU: Ah, what a lovely experience it was to keep company with Summer, along with all those sweet little ducklings who had flown in from California!! A good time was had by all.

ORWEN: It's just too bad none of the pictures they tried to take of us came out. I don't think witches develop on film very well outside of Morva. Somehow there's this MAN who always gets in the way!

ORGOCH: Consider it a blessin', sister. Nobody wants ta have ta see YER ugly mug no ways!!

Comment

Yay! So happy to see my west coast friends having fun in FL

I wonder if PB will be having that whole cruise ship wearing crowns and blowing bubbles by the end of the trip?

Comment

Let it up to TDLFAN to be holding an old Tokyo Disney Resort shopping bag in Orlando's parks. What a dork!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Let it up to TDLFAN to be holding an old Tokyo Disney Resort shopping bag in Orlando's parks. What a dork!
                    I didn't notice that until NOW! I'm glad you were able to finally meet up the group. Don't feel too bad about the bag though, Summer is still calling the park by the wrong name.

Summer it sure seems like you had LONG day starting with meeting the kids at the airport. And my, my Miss. PB said you weren't an "official" MiceChatter until now? :blink: mhm... just the official WDW meet organizer for nearly 2 years and many other things. I think she's inhaled too many bubbles. :cwink: kidding!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos! I hope to see more of you guys soon.

Comment

Not by accident but by choice. I can't get MGM out of my head and Hollywood Studios doesn't pop first. LOL

Comment

That Indy is cute! I love the Indy stunt show. I just wish they'd pick the "extras" like they used to. I got to be one once by sheer talent (i.e.: my "wake the dead" scream). I tell ya... when that truck flips & explodes int he 2nd scent it's HOT! *FWOOSH!*

Comment

Thanks for the report and the great pictures! You all look great.

Comment

I so wanted to be there stinkin work!

But on the bright side, I'll be in California in a month!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              That Indy is cute! I love the Indy stunt show. I just wish they'd pick the "extras" like they used to. I got to be one once by sheer talent (i.e.: my "wake the dead" scream). I tell ya... when that truck flips & explodes int he 2nd scent it's HOT! *FWOOSH!*
                              When did they stop picking the extras? When we were there last July they still did it. We didn't go to the show in Dec or Jan when we were.

And I think it's time for prince Eric to get a new wig. That one looks horrible up close, haha!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X