Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Train Tour at The Magic Kingdom

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Tour at The Magic Kingdom

For anyone who has done the Train Tour the question is not about the tour itself but exactly when you need to be at the Magic Kingdom and how did you get there so early?

I have heard that you actually need to be at the gates by 7:15am but having had quite a bit of experience with Disney transportation services from a number of different resorts, I am concerned about how I could guarantee that I would definitely arrive at the park on time.
    For example, if it is not an early opening day then the buses would not be leaving earlier than usual.
    Any and all suggestions, help or info on past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Train Tour at The Magic Kingdom

I took my own car when I took the tour. If I remember correctly, the buses to the Magic Kingdom do run that early because of the early morning characters breakfasts.

Comment

A train tour? That seems like a quick way for management to make a buck or two. What's so special about it?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        A train tour? That seems like a quick way for management to make a buck or two. What's so special about it?
        Here's a nice thread on the train tour...http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...wdw-95530.html

To the original poster, you might want to PM the person who wrote the review and see how he got there from the Wilderness Lodge. I know when we did early tours at the parks, we just drove. Your hotel front desk could also arrange a cab for you. When we do golf on property, the hotel arranges a complimentary cab for us there and back. It's a nice service.
        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          Out of the various tours they offer, it's the only tour about an attraction at Walt Disney World and because of that it's done by a Conductor instead of a Guest Relations Host or Hostess. It starts off at Main Street station where guests get an introduction of the story of Walt, trains, Disneyland and then Disney World. The first train guests ride is the #2 Lilly Belle, which is traditionally only runs in the morning as a part of the park's opening. Guests get to learn about the trains Disney has and the history of them in association with the Magic Kingdom. One guest will flip the switch at Toon Town station to send the train backwards into the Roundhouse. There guests get to see the other trains and check out the Roundhouse (which is also the monorail roundhouse as it is located directly above it.) During the tour guests get to go inside the front of the train to see the elements of MayPo. Guest then load another train that is selected to run that day and they continue back on the track to Toon Town station. This is the photo opportunity for the tour. You can take photos down by the train or even stand in front of it. Next they get to test out MayPo. They purposely try to push the train past the limits of the station to force MayPo to stop. While this is a part of daily opening operations, it is interesting for guests to learn. In the end you get a nice pin as well. Overall it is an enjoyable tour for anyone who has even a slight interest in trains.

For me when I took it I drove myself. I know that individuals sometimes take taxis in order to get across property for dining and things like this. I would suggest talking with the hotel to see what your options are. I know that when booking the Segway tour at Epcot that they do mention the time an arrival for guests who will arrive via Disney transportation. It's been awhile but I believe I got there around 7am.

Comment

Thanks for all the updates folks.
            We have done Epcot tours and fortunately since we either stay at the Beach Club Villas or the Swan, we could always walk to those. As for driving to the MK, we have done that a few times for early EMH, parking in the MK lot, but found that the Monorail never really left early enough and actuallly seemed slower than the busses in arriving at the park.
            So, a couple of more questions if you don't mind ...
            I assume for the folks who drove that you parked in the main lot near the TTC but then did you take the monorail from there?
            As for the taxi cabs, approximately how much do they cost and where do they let you off?
            Thanks again to all

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X