X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex to be Rebranded to ESPN

This just in!

Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla. is being rebranded with the ESPN brand.
    Plans are still in the development stage, but initial concepts call for incorporating ESPN elements throughout the 220-acre complex, which is a leading venue for amatuer and professional sports.
    "Our involvement in the Disney sports complex will provide greater opportunities for us to connect directly with athletes, coaches and fans in a highly immersive way," George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN Inc. and ABC Sports, and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks said. "Our involvement also provides us with a unique and exciting new media platform that will enable our advertisers and sponsors to reach new customers and bring their products and services to life.'' Nearly two million athletes, coaches and spectators come through the complex each year.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3393816
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex to be Rebranded to ESPN

Nice, I think that means only good things are coming to Orlando.

Comment

Personally I'm surprised it took this long for the change to come.

ESPN is definately a more widely known name these days than "Wide World of Sports". I mean, when is the last time it was even on? I'd say AT LEAST 15 years.

ETA: Okay, according to Wikipedia, the show ended in 1997. So I wasn't too far off.

Comment

I agree with you Summer! I think it will only make everything better!

Comment

Glad to see them doing something new with the complex, it doesn't seem to have much drawing power on its own (when the braves are not in town..) anymore maybe this will help.
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
            Glad to see them doing something new with the complex, it doesn't seem to have much drawing power on its own (when the braves are not in town..) anymore maybe this will help.
            It has plenty of drawing power, but it is not for normal tourists. It gets a lot of use from sports groups, schools, and colleges.

Comment

I hope they don't move the ESPN Club restaurant off the Boardwalk to set up shop over there.

Comment

So what does this mean for the Wide World of Sports' name? Will it be changed to ESPNland or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                  So what does this mean for the Wide World of Sports' name? Will it be changed to ESPNland or something?
                  Disney's ESPN Wild Adventure Night Kingdom: Starring Stitch with Iago and Friends Exclusivly at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando Florida

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                    Disney's ESPN Wild Adventure Night Kingdom: Starring Stitch with Iago and Friends Exclusivly at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando Florida

LOL that is just so wrong in so many ways Eric... :lol:
                    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I agree with you Summer! I think it will only make everything better!
                      why?
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                        why?
                        ESPN is a great identifiable brand that has yet to be fully integrated into WDW.

This is a great oppertunity for Disney to really make Disney World a place where all their brands work as one.

Comment

Again, like I said in another post, Eric, you never cease to amaze me. But this whole ESPN rebranding thing sounds great because maybe some more sports obsessed, cheerleading, attitude wearing, teenagers will come to Disney World!!! Isn't that GREAT!?!?

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
                            Again, like I said in another post, Eric, you never cease to amaze me. But this whole ESPN rebranding thing sounds great because maybe some more sports obsessed, cheerleading, attitude wearing, teenagers will come to Disney World!!! Isn't that GREAT!?!?

:lol:
                            Well at least they will have a place to call their own now! Eh? A sports complex to exhert all of their excess energy!

Comment

... and Outlet mall.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X