This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Innoventions exhibit

There are adding a new exhibit to Innoventions in late August. It's called "Stormstruck: A Tale of Two Homes". It's show how two different housed faired in the 2004 hurricane Charley. It will use surround sound and 3-d technology to make you feel like you are in the eye of the storm. Sounds interesting!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Re: New Innoventions exhibit

It does sound cool. Mouse Extra has a blurb about it here
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/05/17...anes/#comments

For those you going to Innoventions, check out the museum like exhibit on Epcot's anniversary. Its certainly worth 20+ minues. Here are some pics with a little about the exhibit

http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/05/16...stop/#comments
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I think the EPCOT 25 exhibit is closed now. I wanted to look at it again when I was there Friday and the doors you go in to get to it by Club Cool were roped off.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
        I think the EPCOT 25 exhibit is closed now. I wanted to look at it again when I was there Friday and the doors you go in to get to it by Club Cool were roped off.
        I was there on 5/11 thru the doors on the side by the Land
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

sounds interesting! I will go there, I loved inoventions in disneyland

Comment

Yeep!

:O

That sounds... scary.

*shivers*

Comment

Hurricane Charley Gets The Disney Treatment

StormStruck Will Open In August

ORLANDO (CBS4) ― The aftermath of one of the most destructive hurricanes to ever impact Florida will be the centerpiece of a new attraction at Walt Disney World in Orlando.

Using 3-D technology and surround sound, "StormStruck: The Tale of Two Homes" will put visitors in the eye of Hurricane Charley which slammed into Florida's west coast in 2004 causing nearly $7 billion in damages.

During a presentation before the Governor's Hurricane Conference in Ft. Lauderdale last Friday, Disney officials said the exhibit would show visitors how fortifying a home against a storm can change the outcome for the home. Two examples of homes will be used, one that survived Charley, and another that didn't. The difference-maker was how the houses' roofs, walls and floors were tied together.

Sponsored by the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, a nonprofit organization that promotes disaster safety, StormStruck will open this August in Disney's Epcot Innoventions pavilion.

Source: http://cbs4.com/local/disney.epcot.i....2.726730.html

Comment

This is exciting! Give me another reason to wander all through innovations!
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X