This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best advice you can give to others who are about to go to WDW

Re: What is the best advice you can give to others who are about to go to WDW

My most important advice?

HAVE FUN!

Comment

Relax, don't stress, take your time and take everything you possibly can in. Pace yourself. If a park is overly crowded and you have hopper tickets, go over to another park for a while and then go back later. That's the joy of hopping. If your coming in the summer, drink lots of water, use plenty of sun screen and wear light colored clothing.
      Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
      www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
      Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
      Favorite Sites for latest news:
      WDWNewToday.com
      WaltDisneyBoards.com
      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Be patient, and don't be afraid to act like a kid.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get there early and leave for an afternoon break. It works wonders
          www.jamboeveryone.com
          Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Take a water bottle with you!
            With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Don't compare it to Disneyland
              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

pack 2 pairs of shoes and wear a nice hat...... ok I have never been but thats what I am doing :lol:

Comment

Karla, that is actually a good plan. Planning is a good thing. However, when you finally arrive, don't be afraid to change your plan, mid stream, if you feel it would be best for your group.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

My advice for a first timer is to allocate several days for your WDW vacation. A week minimum, maybe 10 days. Otherwise, it is almost impossible to see and do everything that you want to, and you may leave with regrets.

If you really can't go for at least a week, then you have to resign yourself to the fact that you won't be able to do everything. Then you should get a WDW guide book, read about the attractions, and prioritize. You will have to choose what your top priorities are, and make a beeline for those when you hit the various parks. This is particularly important if your priorities happen to be very popular attractions (which will often be the case). Go straight to those; if the standby line is too long, you can get a fastpass for later. The point is to make sure you won't miss anything that you will regret later.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                      Karla, that is actually a good plan. Planning is a good thing. However, when you finally arrive, don't be afraid to change your plan, mid stream, if you feel it would be best for your group.
                      good advice sweetie!!! thank you :squeeze:

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                      My advice for a first timer is to allocate several days for your WDW vacation. A week minimum, maybe 10 days. Otherwise, it is almost impossible to see and do everything that you want to, and you may leave with regrets.

If you really can't go for at least a week, then you have to resign yourself to the fact that you won't be able to do everything. Then you should get a WDW guide book, read about the attractions, and prioritize. You will have to choose what your top priorities are, and make a beeline for those when you hit the various parks. This is particularly important if your priorities happen to be very popular attractions (which will often be the case). Go straight to those; if the standby line is too long, you can get a fastpass for later. The point is to make sure you won't miss anything that you will regret later.
                      I already have a list of must do rides, and I am thinking I will not be doing the world show case this time. I want to do the future world,but thats about it this trip.
                      we will not be doing resorts either, we shall see. my concern is trying the really must do rides in each park, seeing inoventions there and really taking my time to enjoy each park. we will be there 6 full days, arriving later in the day we will head to down town disney the first night, and on the 8th day head into our favorite park and do 4 hours before going back to the motel and heading out to the air port.
                      six days, 2 in the magic kingdom, 1 in each other park and the last of the 6th day in the park we liked the best. since I have never been we will not know what that is yet I have all the maps printed out, our must do's marked in gold, and our reservations made. 3 months to go!!!

Comment

whats the temps the first weeks of november?? do I need a spritzer bottle? coming from Montana, its cold! so heading there 80 degree's is pretty warm for us.

Comment

If you want something, ask! Just be reasonable about your request, and be courteous to the CM.

Comment

Stuff to carry
                            • Good walking shoes is a must! These parks are big! Expect a lot of footwalking and standing.
                            • Bring ponchos if you got them. Rain as WDW is unpredictable and when it does come, it usually comes in huge amounts multiple times a day. Ponchos are easy to carry than umbrellas. You can bring a towel or something to dry them off after any rain so it doesnt mess up the rest of your stuff.
                            • Dont take any more stuff into the parks than you need. Only take the essentials that you know that the park wont provide. It can be a heavy pain to carry around stuff all day and it will save you time going through security checking. I think the best thing to carry your stuff in is a very small back pack or a fannypak so you dont have to worry about leaving items in those storage things on the rides.
                            • Make sure your camera has good working batteries before you leave your hotel room.
                            Theme Park Wise
                            • Go early and end early. It's better to do the parks as early as possible to beat the crowds. Waiting at the buses once the park closes is a pain. It usually takes you an hr after the park closes to catch a bus back to your hotel so try and end your day at the parks 1-2 hrs before closing time.
                            • Make your reservations NOW! If you are interested in eating at a sit down restaraunt plan ahead and plan which park you will visit on what day around these reservations so you can time on traveling. Dont worry about being late to your reservation because most restaraunts will keep your reservation for you for quite a while.
                            • If you want to watch any parade or fireworks show in any of the parks, get seating for it AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE! At least no sooner than 45 minutes.
                            • Check the times for stage shows and get in line at least 45 mins prior to start time. Even if you have a fastpass for that show you still want to get there early for good seating.
                            • The best time to eat at counter service places is when no one else is eating.
                            Specific stuff in each park
                            • EPCOT - come to this park as soon as it opens and get your fastpass for Soarin first thing. These fastpasses can run out as early as 11am.
                            • ANIMAL KINGDOM - The best time to ride Kilomanjaro Safaris is during the parade. If you still want to see the parade though watch it from the fastpass entrance to the KS ride. This is where the parade starts so as soon as youre done watching you can head straight to the ride through the fastpass entrance (no FastPass required for entry during parade!). Ironically most animals have appeared out in the open more during this hour than they are in the morning.
                            • HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS - Go to this park on a day when they are having a Fantasmic show and get in line as early as 45 mins prior for good center seating.
                            • MAGIC KINGDOM - um...I dunno. You're gonna find more to do in this park than in any other so you might want to plan more than one day here.
                            Other
                            • There is more to do at WDW than parks. You can camp for a day at Fort Wilderness or rent a ski boat or catch a movie at Downtown Disney or whatever. Take advantage of outside park activities that the resort offers.
                            • Stay on property and use Disney Transportation if you can. The free transportation that takes you right up to the entrance of the park can save you hassles on parking.
                            • If you're trying to save money: Dont get into the pin trading! Once you buy one pin, you will want to buy five pins, and then you will want to buy 10 pins and so on. It's an evil cash cow ploy and its very addicting.
                            Last thing: If you're a parent please ensure that your children follow guidelines. Dont let them sit/swing on ropes/railings during parades or any of that and even if theyre babies dont let them stand during rides or transportation. It's just bad parenting when you allow your kids to do these things in a place where you are told not to. Also dont touch or come near the horses at MK. It's a huge safety measure!

That's all I got.
                            Last edited by toonaspie; 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

what day is fantasmic ? I have the 4th of November ( tuesday) marked as it says low crowds on touring plans.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X