Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney World in 3D soon on Google Earth!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney World in 3D soon on Google Earth!

According to USA Today, Disney created 3D models of all of Walt Disney World, and will be uploading them to Google Earth and Disneyworld.com. They were supposed to go online on the 20th, but they're not up yet.

You can read the complete article from USA today here: It's a small world, thanks to Google Earth

From the article:
    In a pioneering partnership aiming to go online Tuesday, Google Earth and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will make it easy to take a virtual trip to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and 22 Disney hotels and resorts.

Computer users will click on maps that show about 1,500 rides, restaurants and attractions in 3-D.

The mega-map, with interactive features, will be available via disneyworld.com/3dparks or Google Earth (earth.google.com) for free.

The map began with eight photographers who canvassed every inch of Disney World for 10 days. Then their images were rendered in 3-D.

Click on Space Mountain, for instance, and you can view a video of the ride and get information such as height requirements. Put your mouse on the Grand Floridian and a video of the resort pops up. You also can check availability and rates and make a reservation.

For now, the map shows only exteriors. In the future, Web visitors can stroll into Cinderella's Castle or walk into a room at a Disney resort. Photographers are at work to map Disneyland Resort Paris (Euro Disney); other Disney properties may be next.
    Last edited by ahecht; 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM.

Re: Disney World in 3D soon on Google Earth!

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Now, this is seriously cool. I can't wait to view this feature! Thanks for sharing! :yea:

Comment

Interesting. Can't Wait For This.
        Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

I wonder how Datamiester feels about this.

Comment

Well, I'm sure that Disney's maps won't be nearly as accurate in backstage areas as Datameister's. Plus they aren't planning to do Disneyland for now.

I cross-posted this article to his Disneyland 3D thread, and he responded here.

Comment

Sweet! I've used Google Earth to look up WDW before, but it wasn't quite this cool.
              "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
              - Walt Disney

Comment

http://www.disneyworld.com/3dparks is live!

Comment

yeah!!
                  Kelly

Comment

This is really cool, I hope they do one for Disneyland (never been to Disneyworld).

Comment

A thread like this was also started here.

-josh
                      He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                      follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                      DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I wonder how Datamiester feels about this.
                        Check the Disneyland in 3D thread--we've been discussing it. Basically, I'm very impressed with their onstage stuff, but they did exactly what I expected and quietly murdered backstage. That's all right, though. Just makes my task all the more enjoyably different.

Comment

Was that new Ludwig animation on the promotional video?
                          http://jasonreicher.deviantart.com/

Comment

I just discovered something very cool (at least to those of us looking for behind the scenes stuff). Apparently the photographers they sent out got to photograph the Fantasmic dragon in the stowed position during the day!

The KMZ file for this view is at http://www3.zansstuff.com/FantasmicDragon.kmz

Comment

yay!!! sounds awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X