• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJMcB
    We'll hold them at bay
    • Apr 2006

[Question] Thoughts on Biergarten

Just curious what everyone thinks of Biergarten of the place. I am going in January and haven't been in many many moons
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic
  • Olympicnut
    Incognito
    • Jan 2005

Re: Thoughts on Biergarten

Well, it's the place where they grow beer. How bad can it be!!!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2005

I absolutely love biergarten. BUt if your not a fan of German food (lots of sausages and the like) then you may not like it.

Comment

• VeganPrincess
        Defying gravity
        • May 2006

I really think that it's overpriced. I guess it really just depends on how much you eat or want to over eat. Something else to keep in mind is that they sit you right next to other parties. Not tables that are close together, but rather sharing one long table. You might want to try the Sommerfest counter service, just outside the Biergarten. The bratwurst is pretty good.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
          Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

I loved it! I really didn't know much about German food before I went but I liked a whole lot of stuff. Plus the beers were big. And there's an oompa band! Recommended!

Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• Disney Dave
            Disney Fan
            • Jun 2008

A few years ago on a trip to DW we didn't go to the Biergarten. On the way home my son said he missed it. He loved the oompa band and the family loves the German sausages. I also like talking to the other guests at the table. It's a very friendly place. Did I forget about the beer.

Comment

• All Aglow
              <3
              • Jun 2005

I loved it and the rest of my family enjoyed it, too. Even the kids found plenty that they enjoyed to eat. And they did enjoy the music. I lived in Germany for many years and it was like being there again for a short while.

The only thing I didn't like was being seated at a table with other people. Not so much for me, but they were a young couple on their honeymoon and here we come with 3 young kids. Fortunately, it went well and we chatted quite a bit during the meal.

Comment

• WSVR
                MiceChatter
                • Jun 2007

The best value in world showcase if you're paying out of pocket imo. We like dinner because of the additional items on the menu. It wasn't just a bunch of sausages either. They had lots of beef and pork dishes, salads, and the like. It's nothing fancy or anything. Just lots of good food. The little show they do is really nice also and the service is prompt and friendly. If you have a party under size 8, you may be placed with another group and some people don't like that. We'll definitely make a point to return.

Comment

• Raine
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Sep 2008

I'd really love to try this place, but I'm so shy, and the idea of sitting at a table with people I don't know makes me really nervous.

Comment

• PrincessY
                    Winter in Oceanside...
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                    Something else to keep in mind is that they sit you right next to other parties. Not tables that are close together, but rather sharing one long table.
                    Just like they do in real Germany! I think it is fun!

Comment

• Jerren
                      Disneyholic
                      • Aug 2006

We didn't go this trip as my wife wanted to do tepan Edo, le Cellar, and my daughter insisted we do the Garden Grill before it looses it's characters, but we have done it about 5-6 times in the past few trips and it has not changed much over the years. The food is good, sourbraten, sausages, etc. The pretzel rolls are awesome, the beer is excellent and comes in large quantities :thumbup: and the band is great. Sadly one of the origional performers died last year the week after we where there so I can't say hom much or little that has effected the band.

Make sure you check the show schedule when you make the reservation, they play at set times, and if you book too early or late you may miss them.
                      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• kcnole
                        • Mar 2006

I've only done it once but I really enjoyed it. It was just my wife and myself and we got to sit with the most wonderful family of a woman, her two children, and the grandmother. Apparently her husband had always wanted to go to Walt Disney World and they had been saving for several years to go. Unfortunately he had died a year prior to that and so he never got to experience WDW. Instead of just giving up on the trip they decided to go and do the whole thing in his honor. They almost had the money saved up for it and he had so wanted his family to experience WDW, so they came and did everything in remembrance of him.

He seemed like such a wonderful father to hear them talk and it was sad, but really happy at the same time. None of them were sad, they were happy and really enjoying their trip, but they seemed especially respectful of it because they knew it was one of their Dad's biggest gifts to them to go and you could tell that they were savoring every minute of it.

So I say if you like meeting other families then go for it. I do, the only drawback as I could see it would be if you got set with a family who didn't speak English, or who didn't appreciate the sharing a table thing (which I've heard can happen). But if you are up for meeting new people, and the others at your table are as well, then its fun. Plus the ambience and theme of the place is fantastic. I also love the band.

The food isn't great, but its good and there's plenty of it there.

Comment

• Pacha
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jan 2005

Been there a couple of times now and enjoyed it both times. Like others have said, the food is good, not great. Best thing about the food, IMO, is the variety.

If you have kids, there is an area in front of the band where you let them run around and dance. Most, if not all, tables have a good view of that area, so you can keep an eye on them while they have their fun. I have pics of my kids out there and can't find them! I'll keep looking and post them when they show up.

Comment

• MissChristine
                            Scentsy Minion
                            • Apr 2005

Had an absolutely fun time when I went with the MC group. Sitting at one long table with the whole group was great, the food was good and plentiful, and the beers...HOLY CRAP they're huge. And then you order the large, you get a to-go cup if you can't finish in the restaurant! ) The band is really fun and gets you into the German mood with the chanting and music and dancing.
                            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

• Coastierox
                              Mostly Harmless.
                              • Apr 2005

We were there just about a week and a half ago and it was great! The food was awesome, service was kosher and the atmosphere was very nice. Although we did miss the show, so no comments there. Would've stayed to watch , we even ate seriously slow to take up time, but in the end we gave up and left. They probably hit the stage as soon as we step out the door... that just my luck.
                              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• heather102581
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2005

I have only been to WDW once since I was an adult. I have to say that the Biergarten is one of my favorite memories of the trip. I am not the type of person who likes to sit with other parties at my table but Biergarten is different... Hello... it's called Disney Spirit right? I am the type of person that says "Happy Birthday!" to kids in the park who wear the birthday badges so maybe I'm a bit crazy but this place is cool. The band and the beer make this my absolute favorite resteraunt in the WDW.

Just want to throw in that I never go for the food (although it is totally edible... some is really good too!) I go for the atmosphere. I think if you are the type of person who can enjoy a good time for that alone and not expect an outstanding meal then the BG will rock your world... just as it does mine :-)

Comment

• Rixter
                                  • Aug 2006

We have eaten at Biergarten four times in the last couple of years. I have grown less enchanted with the food, but I absolutely LOVE the entertainment. (It may help that I am part German and my father played polka music when I was a kid). )

Whatever you do, don't miss the PRETZEL BREAD! Yummy!
                                  Rick

Comment

• kcnole
                                    • Mar 2006

A friend of mine who is a chef and loves German food visited Epcot during food and wine fest for the very first time. He's never been in Epcot before, he really didn't care much for the theming, for the rides, or any of the Disney stuff (didn't really expect him too) but he did tell me that eating his fill at Biergarten was worth every dime it cost him to get into the park. I was glad to see he actually enjoyed himself at least somewhat while he was there.

Comment

• Daisy'sno1fan
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Feb 2008

I've eaten there many times and the food is amazing. Pork Schnitzel is great, like a country fried pork patty. The sausages, sauerbraten, pretzel bread all are so good I've never made it to the dessert bar. And the seating is great, unles you're a curmudgeon. Kids all get up and dance to the oom pah band. Take lots of pics to blackmail them with later. Going again on Jan 9.

Comment

• MJMcB
                                        We'll hold them at bay
                                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
                                        I've eaten there many times and the food is amazing. Pork Schnitzel is great, like a country fried pork patty. The sausages, sauerbraten, pretzel bread all are so good I've never made it to the dessert bar. And the seating is great, unles you're a curmudgeon. Kids all get up and dance to the oom pah band. Take lots of pics to blackmail them with later. Going again on Jan 9.
                                        I will be there on Jan 10
                                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X