Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Let's talk food at Disney World.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Let's talk food at Disney World.

I thought it might be fun to have a thread to talk about food, in general, at Disney World. Now I am not talking about the Dining Plan, or the many sit down restaurants, and the character meals. I am talking about the food at the food courts, and the many counter service, and fast food venues at Disney World.

I have been looking at the menus of the various food courts, and restaurants around the world. I am planning a vacation for April, and I plan on eating a little differently this time. I always start out my day with breakfast. In the past, I might have reserved something. This time, if I stay at Pop Century like I am planning, I will most likely start out my day in the food court. The allears website has all the menus, and it appears there are a whole lot of different choices in breakfast items.

If you have eaten at Pop Century, what are your favorites?

I notice the food court there opens pretty early. Early enough for an early riser, to have a decent breakfast, and still make it to a park before opening.

Do you have a favorite food court food?
    What's your favorite burger?.
    Or do you have a good strategy for beating the crowds, when in the theme parks?
    Do you know where to get the best value for your dollar?

I love the oatmeal at Disney World, and I will probably eat some of that on my next trip. What else is a good breakfast item, in your opinion.

O.K. enough of my questions. Let's talk food.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Let's talk food at Disney World.

If you have eaten at Pop Century, what are your favorites?
    I like the loaded nachos. I also like the turkey ciabatta sandwich.

Comment

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-ciabatta-bread.htm

I just googled that ciabatta. I assume the sandwich is on that type of bread.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Yes it is. It's yummy, But the turkey sandwich at Sunshine Seasons is better. Can't get enough of that chipotle mayo!

Comment

Oh Barbara good thread!!!
          Wish you were going down earlier I could have met you!!
          Ok.. I will take pictures for you Barbara when I go in 3 months ok. I am anxious to know to what they have and how good it is.
          I did however order my grocerys from garden grocer for Breakfast. I decided I woul save 40 bucks or more a day with just eating cereal and fruit in our room. For the price of one sit down dinner I got a whole 8 days worth of snacks chips, breakdast foods and cases of drinks to be delivered.

Comment

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=164

Sunshine Seasons is in Epcot. I just googled that, and it brought up the menu. I have always wanted to eat there, and I never have in all my visits to Epcot.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I always stop at Sunshine Seasons when I'm at EPCOT. It's a halfway decent food court and as I've mentioned, I am addicted to their turkey sandwich. I plan on having another when I'm there next week. I'm also looking forward to having a couple meals at Kona Cafe.

Comment

In 1997, we stayed at the Polynesian. I had the banana stuffed french toast. I remember it still.

I see they call it Tonga Toast.
                Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-03-2008, 08:46 PM.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

They serve the Tonga Toast at Captn Cook's as well, so I'm going to get the macadamia-pineapple pancakes at Kona Cafe this time and try the Tonga Toast at Captn Cook's next time. I very rarely eat breakfast, so this is unusual for me.

Comment

I remember when we ate at Kona Cafe. Of course that was in 1997. My grandson was 4, and they had a really cute children's menu. My grandson had pancakes, and one of us had the Mickey Waffle. I see that the Mickey Waffle is offered at many of the food courts at Disney World, to this day.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Interesting. I usually don't do the sit-down restaurants at WDW. I'm cheap so I'm happy just grabbing counter service 95% of the time. But for my birthday trips, I always do one sit-down meal as a birthday treat to myself. Last year I had lunch at Chefs de France. A few years ago I did Crystal Palace and they decorated my table with streamers, gave me a cupcake with a candle in it and a card signed by the Pooh characters.

Comment

I am planning on taking the opposite approach this time to eating at Disney World. I want to know the greatest places to get a great meal, where I don't have to call ahead.

I am checking menus on the web, and reading all I can. However, there's nothing like word of mouth, when it comes to food.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

If you're a sandwich person, I HIGHLY recommend the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney. Granted, I've never actually had a sandwich there (I can't get past the chicken caesar salad), but my sister's a serious sandwich eater, and she said the best sandwich she's ever eaten is the Earl's Florentine.

Also, Noodle Station in Tomorrowland seems to get mixed reviews, but I love their Asian-inspired Vegetable Tofu bowl. They're not open everyday, though, and in my experience they only do dinner (5-9pm).

Comment

I've lost count on how many times I've eaten at Earl of Sandwich. I love the Hawaiian BBQ and the All American.

Comment

I've never eaten at the Earl of Sandwich. Then again, I don't really spend very much time at Downtown Disney.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X