This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Questions about resorts and food

I was just wanting to get some feedback on a few things before we book everything for our next trip in January. What's the thoughts on the Port Orleans resorts? Is one better than the other? Anyone try the Swamp Water?
    We are thinking of going to Ohana with the family? Good or bad? Is there a good time to go? Me and the wife are looking for some where to go alone that's semi romantic but still fun any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Re: Questions about resorts and food

Port Orleans is an excellent resort, my favorite among the Moderates. French Quarter is a bit more compact and the buses are a bit more convenient than riverside.

Ohana's is PERFECT for families! They have activities for the children including the famous coconut races (kids sweep coconuts with a broom around the perimeter of the restaurant) and the food is quite good and different from most of the other WDW fare. If you book a late dinner around fireworks time you have a nice view and they used to pipe in the music from the park as well. Ohana's is a must do for dinner for me. :thumbup:

(Note - I have heard conflicting reports of the music working/not working lately but will check with a CM friend who works at the polly to try and find out the current status)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I've stayed at both Riverside and French Quarter and liked both. I liked the rustic theme of Alligator Bayou at Riverside a little better though. At night it can be a little spooky in that section though due to the backwoods feel to it (I always hear the banjos from Deliverance in my head... but I'm twisted).

Comment

What you don't like my banjo playing? :whistling
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Yours I have no problem with. My uncle, on the other hand, needs to learn more than the Beverly Hillbillies theme.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X