Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrerDan
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2007

Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

Hi!

We're hoping for an October visit to WDW, and are thinking of staying on-property for the first time ever. One thing we are wondering about is whether there are any pools that are designated for adults only? While kids are great and all, after spending days in the parks we thought it would be nice to have a little time that would be quieter.

I saw that many resorts have "quiet" pools--but they don't seem to actually have any rules about quiet, but instead are ways of designating what are essentially normal pools without fancy slides or theming. I could be wrong though....

Thanks!

Brer Dan
  • yoyoflamingo
    How do you do?
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jan 2005

Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

Originally posted by BrerDan View Post

I saw that many resorts have "quiet" pools--but they don't seem to actually have any rules about quiet, but instead are ways of designating what are essentially normal pools without fancy slides or theming. I could be wrong though....
    This pretty much sums up the pool system at WDW. No adult pools, but "quiet" pools at most resorts. I will say, after staying at several resorts that offer both a main and quiet pool, the quiet pool often is very quiet and secluded. I can't remember ever having a noise problem or problem with kids. Of course, it depends on which resort you're staying at as well, but some have real quiet pools that you might be the only person in!

I wouldn't worry too much; quiet pool really are pretty peaceful, at least that's what I've experienced.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• BrerDan
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2007

Thanks! I guess we're a little gun-shy after a recent trip to Vegas where it only took a couple of kids horseplaying in the pool to disrupt the calm and rest we had hoped for (again,we like kids and are happy to see kids play--but when you are traveling without kids and not used to it, sometimes you need a break).

I appreciate the fast response--it's just something we'll have to think about.

oh--and I like your profile photo

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
      This pretty much sums up the pool system at WDW. No adult pools, but "quiet" pools at most resorts. I will say, after staying at several resorts that offer both a main and quiet pool, the quiet pool often is very quiet and secluded. I can't remember ever having a noise problem or problem with kids. Of course, it depends on which resort you're staying at as well, but some have real quiet pools that you might be the only person in!

I wouldn't worry too much; quiet pool really are pretty peaceful, at least that's what I've experienced.

Comment

• BrerDan
        MiceChatter
        • Sep 2007

oh, and the resorts we are looking at are both Port Orleans and Coronado Springs....

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
          How do you do?
          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BrerDan View Post
          oh, and the resorts we are looking at are both Port Orleans and Coronado Springs....
          You avatar is pretty awesome too.

Port Orleans Riverside I have stayed at many times, and one of the advantages of the quiet pools is the proximity to each other. One is filled with kids? You can easily walk to another one and not have a problem. But, Riverside is one of the resorts I've never had a problem with kids disrupting the peacefulness of the pool. Again, maybe just my experience, but seems ok to me.

Never used the pool at Coronado, so can't say, but I would think since it is geared to business travelers a little more, might have less kids than Riverside.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• BrerDan
            MiceChatter
            • Sep 2007

Thanks for the experience! Riverside is probably my top pick if I can swing it (well, my top would be Animal Kingdom Lodge, but that's definitely out of my price range)

Thanks again!

Dan

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            You avatar is pretty awesome too.

Port Orleans Riverside I have stayed at many times, and one of the advantages of the quiet pools is the proximity to each other. One is filled with kids? You can easily walk to another one and not have a problem. But, Riverside is one of the resorts I've never had a problem with kids disrupting the peacefulness of the pool. Again, maybe just my experience, but seems ok to me.

Never used the pool at Coronado, so can't say, but I would think since it is geared to business travelers a little more, might have less kids than Riverside.

Comment

• TDLFAN
              Banned User
              • Feb 2005

What a cute picture of you both at DLP!!

Comment

• BrerDan
                MiceChatter
                • Sep 2007

Awww, thanks

We only had one day, and it was a COLD rainy day in January, but the park in Paris was beautiful! Of course, we look all puffy because of the five layers of clothing and I feel like I look like Fred from Scooby-Doo because my scarf ended up looking like an ascot.....but it's the only decent shot we got of us both that day! (I'm the normal-height one on the right).

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                What a cute picture of you both at DLP!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X