Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

    Hi!

    We're hoping for an October visit to WDW, and are thinking of staying on-property for the first time ever. One thing we are wondering about is whether there are any pools that are designated for adults only? While kids are great and all, after spending days in the parks we thought it would be nice to have a little time that would be quieter.

    I saw that many resorts have "quiet" pools--but they don't seem to actually have any rules about quiet, but instead are ways of designating what are essentially normal pools without fancy slides or theming. I could be wrong though....

    Thanks!

    Brer Dan

  • #2
    Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

    Originally posted by BrerDan View Post

    I saw that many resorts have "quiet" pools--but they don't seem to actually have any rules about quiet, but instead are ways of designating what are essentially normal pools without fancy slides or theming. I could be wrong though....
    This pretty much sums up the pool system at WDW. No adult pools, but "quiet" pools at most resorts. I will say, after staying at several resorts that offer both a main and quiet pool, the quiet pool often is very quiet and secluded. I can't remember ever having a noise problem or problem with kids. Of course, it depends on which resort you're staying at as well, but some have real quiet pools that you might be the only person in!

    I wouldn't worry too much; quiet pool really are pretty peaceful, at least that's what I've experienced.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

      Thanks! I guess we're a little gun-shy after a recent trip to Vegas where it only took a couple of kids horseplaying in the pool to disrupt the calm and rest we had hoped for (again,we like kids and are happy to see kids play--but when you are traveling without kids and not used to it, sometimes you need a break).

      I appreciate the fast response--it's just something we'll have to think about.

      oh--and I like your profile photo


      Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
      This pretty much sums up the pool system at WDW. No adult pools, but "quiet" pools at most resorts. I will say, after staying at several resorts that offer both a main and quiet pool, the quiet pool often is very quiet and secluded. I can't remember ever having a noise problem or problem with kids. Of course, it depends on which resort you're staying at as well, but some have real quiet pools that you might be the only person in!

      I wouldn't worry too much; quiet pool really are pretty peaceful, at least that's what I've experienced.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

        oh, and the resorts we are looking at are both Port Orleans and Coronado Springs....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

          Originally posted by BrerDan View Post
          oh, and the resorts we are looking at are both Port Orleans and Coronado Springs....
          You avatar is pretty awesome too.

          Port Orleans Riverside I have stayed at many times, and one of the advantages of the quiet pools is the proximity to each other. One is filled with kids? You can easily walk to another one and not have a problem. But, Riverside is one of the resorts I've never had a problem with kids disrupting the peacefulness of the pool. Again, maybe just my experience, but seems ok to me.

          Never used the pool at Coronado, so can't say, but I would think since it is geared to business travelers a little more, might have less kids than Riverside.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

            Thanks for the experience! Riverside is probably my top pick if I can swing it (well, my top would be Animal Kingdom Lodge, but that's definitely out of my price range)

            Thanks again!

            Dan

            Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            You avatar is pretty awesome too.

            Port Orleans Riverside I have stayed at many times, and one of the advantages of the quiet pools is the proximity to each other. One is filled with kids? You can easily walk to another one and not have a problem. But, Riverside is one of the resorts I've never had a problem with kids disrupting the peacefulness of the pool. Again, maybe just my experience, but seems ok to me.

            Never used the pool at Coronado, so can't say, but I would think since it is geared to business travelers a little more, might have less kids than Riverside.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

              What a cute picture of you both at DLP!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do any of the WDW resorts have adults-only pools?

                Awww, thanks

                We only had one day, and it was a COLD rainy day in January, but the park in Paris was beautiful! Of course, we look all puffy because of the five layers of clothing and I feel like I look like Fred from Scooby-Doo because my scarf ended up looking like an ascot.....but it's the only decent shot we got of us both that day! (I'm the normal-height one on the right).

                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                What a cute picture of you both at DLP!!

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X