This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Animal Kingdom Lodge vs. Wilderness Lodge

Looking at the two lodges, I struggle to make a decision.
    Proximity to the parks the winner is handedly Wilderness Lodge.
    Scenery and quality of stay to me AKL looks newer and more "deluxe" in its overall appeal. Wilderness Lodge looks more like a cabin like lodge haha with not to much deluxe to it other than the Lobby and the grounds outside of it.

Can anyone address proximity to the parks in detail?
    What are the average times via bus and via car from AKL to each of the parks?
    What are the average times via bus and via car from WL to each of the parks?
    -- I know the WL has a boat which may be quicker than the bus. However, the bus does seem quicker.

Price wise they are equal. I would't get a special view at the AKL, so the standard view price at both is the same.
    Trip advisor gives the higher ranking to AKL: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...o_Florida.html

verses:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...o_Florida.html
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge vs. Wilderness Lodge

AKL is far away from EVERYTHING except AK. Stick with Wilderness Lodge. Better theming, better location.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

They both have their good points (and look a lot alike!) but I personally like AKL better. Nothing beats opening up your windows and have (what seems to be) your own personal savannah! Even if you don't get a savannah view room you can just go downstairs and see the animals.
      MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

I believe Wilderness Lodge is usually considered the least-expensive of the Deluxe resorts. I've stayed at Ft. Wilderness but we hopped over to Wilderness Lodge a few times, and it looks great. The lobby is beautiful and the river that goes down into the pool is really cool. They have the geyser, which is fun. I like the setting.

I'm sure the boat is easier than the bus. Just the ride itself is magical... On our first day in WDW, a year ago, we took the boat from Ft. to Lodge and it was a great way to start our trip.
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I decided I am going with the WL almost regardless of what happens unless someone wants to give me some kind of financial support for the Poly or Grand Floridian, which are the 2 dream deluxes for me that are just a little bit out of the price range. I think WL will be pretty amazing itself, so I am happy to go there.
          Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

The whole point of a hotel on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon is being able to see the Magic Kingdom. From what I remember (i only stayed at the lodge for one night) you can't see the Magic Kingdom.

With that said I would pick the WL over the AK any day so I guess that tells ya!
            Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

WL would be my first choice...in fact, we like WL so much we bought into the DVC with VWL as our "home" resort. Because it's NOT on the monorail, it stays relatively quiet, yet it takes only 5 to 10 minutes (by boat or bus) to the MK. The resort itself is beautiful and the boat ride to and from MK is the most "magical" way to get there. Sure, AKL is great too, but I like WL more.
              WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
              Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,'10x3,'11x5,'12x4,'13x4,'14x 2
              DL-
              '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10,'14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X