Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Trip Plan! What do you Think about it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] My Trip Plan! What do you Think about it?

I got my trip plan pretty much decided on for Magic Kingdom July 18th - 21st, 2011. Didn't make any ADRs yet as I'm still 7 months away from my trip. The official hours aren't posted yet for July, but I'm just assuming the July hours at the parks will be similar to the June hours. I looked over most of the restaurants and menus with my wife and got it pretty much sorted out.
    If you have any big suggestions, please let me know!

For sake of simplicity and because the first hour or 2 in a park is the most important to get in a lot of attractions, I'll just post the first few attractions of my plan each day.

Some other important details.
    We are traveling just my wife and I. With 4 day park tickets without hoppers.
    Staying 4 days and 3 nights.
    We are staying at the wilderness Lodge and renting a car.
    After WDW, we will be visiting her sister who lives in Florida for a couple days.

Monday - July 18th:
    Arrive 12:45 at Orlando International
    Pick up rent a car and drive to wilderness lodge - 2:30
    Check in and travel to the park - 3:30
    Arrive at park approx. 3:30
    - Get fastpass for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    - Ride the Great Movie Ride
    - Ride the Studio Backlot tour
    .... Ride anything else time permitting before dinner
    - Dinner 50's Prime time cafe at 5:30
    Use FP Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    stay at the park till 10:00 (I believe it will be an EMH night)

Tuesday @ Magic Kingdom:
    Arriving for morning Extra magic hour at 8:00.
    Ride Splash mountain and Get Splash mountain FP
    (I've read you can get FP during morning EMH!)
    Big Thunder Mountain
    peter pan
    Pooh
    Ride space mountain and/or Get space mountain FP
    Ride Buzz if need more time before I can get another FP at Space.
    Pirates of the Caribean
    Use Splash FP
    Get next FP when time comes available for Peter Pan, Splash, or Space (whatever we feel in the mood for)
    Lunch at Cosmic Rays around 11:00 - 12:00
    ....Afternoon we will visit less headline attractions TTA, Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer Island
    Dinner at Cona Cafe at 5:00
    ..... stay till park close

Epcot: Wednesday
    Get FP for Test Track
    - Ride mission space Green -
    - Sum of all Thrills
    - Spaceship earth
    - Get FP for Soarin or Whenever next FP becomes available
    - Living with the Land
    (Ride Test Track if time is up for it)
    - Le Cellier Restaurant at 11:30
    - Tour the Worlds
    - Visit Soarin'
    ------ Return to hotel for afternoon break around 3:00 till 7:00 or so.
    - eat dinner at Sunshine Seasons
    - Stay till illuminations is over.

Animal Kingdom: Thursday
    Get there at opening
    (I'll probably drive here this day, since we won't be returning to our hotel)
    Get Expedition Everest Fastpasses
    Ride Dinosaur
    Ride Primeval Whirl
    Get Kil. Safari FP if window is open otherwise
    go on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
    go to Kali River Rapids
    Maharajah Jungle Trek
    Ride Expedition using FP
    Lunch at Rain forest Cafe 11:30
    ....back to the park until we are sick of it :-P or run out of time
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: My Trip Plan! What do you Think about it?

July Park hours released...
    As I suspected the July park hours are largely the same as the June hours with the exception of 4th of July week.

The plan that I outlined for my trip was taking into account accurate park hours. DHS actually is open an hour longer than I anticipated. (That's a plus I suppose!).
    Hopefully, they won't add a fantasmic! showing on the day I plan to go, as I will not be wanting to attend it.
    http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...endar_july.pdf
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

EPCOt day looks great. Love Le Celleir and Sunshine Seasons.

But why Rainforest Cafe? I have eaten there, and really not that great. Why not Tusker House, Yak and Yeti, or Flame Tree BBQ?
      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Looks great, but you seem to be missing a trip to Islands of Adventure ;-)
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Rain forest is a tough pick for me. My wife has never been there and is interested in the atmosphere of it. I ate there once and remember it as being neat but loud and the food as being forgettable (not horrible). The food selections for Yak and Yeti and Tusker House seemed to not be very appealing to her as she looked at the menus as well. Rainforest seemed to have such a huge menu that something would be there to please anyone.

Is there anything you would recommend at the Tusker (even though its a buffet) and Yak ?

A trip to Islands of Adventure would be nice but I'm not a Harry Potter Fan plus it isn't in the budget Maybe for my next trip to Florida we'll make it happen.

Thanks for reading it guys and your thoughts

Comment

Might I suggest attempting to find the nearest RFC to Pittsburgh, keep it in mind for the future, and choosing a different choice that can ONLY be found at WDW? If none of the in-park places at DAK appeal, think outside the box a little bit. Maybe quick-service the lunch with a turkey leg or something, and then have dinner outside DAK, possibly outside WDW completely as you head off to the relatives'?

I'm part of the crowd that's weary of Rainforest Cafes. IMO they over-promise with themes and under-deliver for the prices they charge.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Thusday for Animal Kingdom my suggestion would be for a quick lunch somewhere and head over to the Animal Kingdom lodge for and early dinner before you head to your sister in laws. We recently came back and had dinner at Sanaa and it was really good.

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'd adjust your Cosmic Rays eating time - July is madness. Eat either earlier or later - 1100 to 1300 is prime madness time in there, with long lines just to get to the lines to pay.

Comment

I'll probably move the Cosmic rays time then. (Probably an earlier lunch maybe at 10:30ish or so?

I'll look at the other restaurants with my wife again around Animal Kingdom.
                  We almost decided to skip Rainforest and just go to the Flame Tree BBQ, but the fact that it only has seating outdoors during the summer and the many complaints about the birds swarming for food kind of deterred us.

Thanks guys

Comment

We did not have a problem at Cosmic Rays. We were at the MK and the park was packed. I overheard a cast member say it was at 98% capacity. We were able to get our meals and a table within a relative short wait time. Especially now since they were not allowing you to get a table unless you had your food first.

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                      We did not have a problem at Cosmic Rays. We were at the MK and the park was packed. I overheard a cast member say it was at 98% capacity. We were able to get our meals and a table within a relative short wait time. Especially now since they were not allowing you to get a table unless you had your food first.
                      Well then I may not need to worry about eating lunch at any weird hour.

Do you know how accurate touring plans is with their crowd predictor number?
                      They gave DHS the first night I'm going at 3.0 out of 10
                      They gave MK the 2nd day, a 5.9 out of 10.
                      Epcot Wednesday is a 4.7 out of 10
                      AK Thursday is a 5.5 out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                        Rain forest is a tough pick for me. My wife has never been there and is interested in the atmosphere of it. I ate there once and remember it as being neat but loud and the food as being forgettable (not horrible). The food selections for Yak and Yeti and Tusker House seemed to not be very appealing to her as she looked at the menus as well. Rainforest seemed to have such a huge menu that something would be there to please anyone.

Is there anything you would recommend at the Tusker (even though its a buffet) and Yak ?

A trip to Islands of Adventure would be nice but I'm not a Harry Potter Fan plus it isn't in the budget Maybe for my next trip to Florida we'll make it happen.

Thanks for reading it guys and your thoughts
                        Hmm, guess I'm going against the grain here, but I like Rainforest Cafe. I think the menu and quality of food is much improved over years ago. The one at AK has large aquariums with tubes that go over your head, thunderstorms, animatronic animals, etc. It ain't boring!

Now, I can understand the argument that it's something you can experience outside of Disney. I have a couple of them near my house, which I never go to because I think the one at AK is much better.

Just my two cents!

Comment

Thanks! I like conflicting opinions.
                          I checked for other rainforest locations and realized that I do not have anyone within in Pennsylvania. I'd have to travel about 6 hours to get to one in NJ.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X